Macros in grams in the app

Hey everyone!
I have got a Fitbit Charge 2 and I have already downloaded the app into my iphone. As long as I am tracking the macros, I would appreciate if the app shows me also how many grams of protein, fat and carbs I eat, not only the percentage as it does now. I know I can check it in the dashboard on the internet via my macbook, but I think it would be really useful to make it possible in the app as well. What do you think?

397 Comments
TrueTheGreat
Jogger
Just rated them a 1 star and told them to add the feature.
Jezter75
Jogger
I think this needs to stay at the top of whoever's list of feeback...
Polly1977
Jogger

Love the Fitbit app, would be so much better If you could see how many grams of diferent macros eaten not just macros.

also would be perfect if as well as weight you could also log body measurements. 

With these two added features it would be the only fitness app you need. 

tal2009
Stepping Up

Yes! Would like the “daily totals” bar included in the Fitbit app. I want to see grams of fat, protein, carb, and fiber. Right now I jump back and forth on my phone between the website & app.

I like seeing the macro percentages, so please keep that.

MightyK
First Steps

Hi Fitbit the community has been asking for the option to change the Marco’s from percentage to grams as a personal preference for a couple of years now, it’s available online but having it on the app will help please please make this a feature!

RileyD10
First Steps

Macro's calculated in Grams would be incredibly useful and take a lot of the guess-work out of tracking out of the equation as while the percentages are useful they can create a slightly skewed picture 

safaval1
First Steps

I like to see the macronutrient in grams as well as %. Please update. I love your app and don't want to use another app to keep track of grams.

Thanks,

Polly1977
Jogger

Id buy a new watch if it would show the macros in grams!

lejon72
Jogger

It seems this has been a long wish for over a year now....

Perhaps the support team is not reading the qirys in here. =/

Can't find any replys that thet have recieved the request.

Jezter75
Jogger
Lets keep the pressure up on this feature!!!
RileyD10
First Steps

Agreed! Already made multiple suggestions but still haven't heard or received anything back from the Fitbit team!!! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
So would I. But in a few months I am going to buy an Apple Watch and leave
Fitbit after 4 years and having purchased 6 Fitbit’s for myself and my
family. I’m done
Jezter75
Jogger
Blow this post up! The squeaky wheel gets the grease!!
MightyK
First Steps

Fitbit I’ve had over 8 emails saying people have responded to this post in one day! When I look back over the comments some are a few years old you need to make the option to swap the percentages to grams in the app before people swap to other companies!!!

SueHank
Recovery Runner

The following are all the suggestions in the community for a specific mobile app improvement.  We are feeling as though no one at Fitbit cares as no one is addressing any of them.  and I really hope that isn't true.  Can someone help us get noticed by a moderator? 

Also, This item: Track Macros in App (*daily carbs/protein/fat intake) has a status of Released. BUT IT WASN’T released on the phone app.

These are all of the Suggestions that have been entered by users to add macro details to the mobile app.  I think someone should be seeing this at FITBIT.  I was told that an item has to receive 1000 votes in order to be considered.  If you look at all of these suggestions, and add all the votes together it's just about 1000 votes.  Come on Fitbit.  please.

• macros in grams instead of only percentages in the app (347 votes)
  • macros in grams in the app as well (573 votes)
  • View Macros in Grams & Set Macro goals in app (11 votes)
  • Sodium (mg &%) 5 votes
  • Macronutrients- show “should” under “actuals”= (4 votes)
  • Nutrition= (1 vote)
  • Fitbit App(1 vote)
  • Net carbs on Food Log (3 votes)
  • Micronutrients - show "fibre" along with carbs, fat, protein
  • App improvement tracking nutrition
  • Inprovement to App
  • Group food from database to new recipe with information about calories, fat, protein, carbs
  • Macro breakdown for food
  • Micronutrients access
Paul1968
First Steps

HI all, I agree that when I track macros I like them to be in grams, that way I can see how far short or over I am. For bodybuilding a percentage is no good if your goal are:

Protein 172g

Carbs 248g

Fat 67g

In grams I can adjust through the day what I'm eating to correct any in-balance.

Amartinez12
Recovery Runner

I recently have been attempting to keep track of my macros. Tracking through grams would be so , so much easier. Maybe giving an option to do either grams or % would be great along with a macro calculator to personalize per user. Also more info as far as is this a daily track or a track by meal deal? This would be so helpful. I stopped using my app and just started using it again for the purpose of tracking macros, I am also using in conjunction with my fitness pal, that seems to be the same and more confusing. Thanks fitbit

Obiwancolby
First Steps

Hi. As a fitness enthusiast and exercise science major I think it would be a great idea to see this change in the app. Other nutrition apps let one customize their macro-nutrient needs and also gives them feed back as to the actual measured amount of each macro-nutrient they consume (value in grams). For people who are on a strict plan this is the most important part of that plan. I also know that the live percentages that are currently in the app make it hard to actually hit the daily goals of these people. Nutrition is just as important as exercise when it comes to fitness so I hope that this inquiry is taken seriously and I look forward to using it in the fitbit app in the future.

Jezter75
Jogger
Absolutely!! Tracking macros in an IIFYM lifestyle has allowed me to make
tremendous gains in physical fitness and that I was Fitbit is all about
right?
skinnyrich
First Steps

Totally agree this has been overlooked. We are nearly always looking at our intake in grams such as carbs for keto and protein for any type of muscle trainer. Personally for me I usually just check I am getting enough protein for my workouts and then aim for low carbs so seeing macros in grams would be a massive improvement and although the data is available it would be great to see it on the mobile app at a glance

akec
First Steps

yes please add macro gram counter

adamehale1
First Steps

YES YES YES!!!

I am having a hell of a time finding an app that will track in grams and then sync to the FitBit app!   Having it all in one already simple well laid out app would be perfect!!

mrsillingworth
First Steps

I would really like to see macros in grams as well as percentage, or at least an option to change between the two. I’m struggling to manage both myfitnesspal AND Fitbit app. I only use myfitnesspal for this sole purpose of seeing macros in grams so if this could be changed it would make my life a lot easier 🙂

chrsg61761
First Steps

I have thought the same thing. As a diabetic I have to keep my carbs under 60 per meal right now and 15 for snack. Would be more helpful to be able to see this on my phone app or on my Ionic when I slide sideways on the stats. It shows me steps and actual miles, this would be a great add to many of us.  

Jezter75
Jogger
I would love to see user recommendations by popularity. I can’t help but
think this is at the top of the list.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.