Macros in grams in the app

Hey everyone!
I have got a Fitbit Charge 2 and I have already downloaded the app into my iphone. As long as I am tracking the macros, I would appreciate if the app shows me also how many grams of protein, fat and carbs I eat, not only the percentage as it does now. I know I can check it in the dashboard on the internet via my macbook, but I think it would be really useful to make it possible in the app as well. What do you think?

397 Comments
praveen.sdlp
First Steps

It's a long waiting and most asked feature. please please have this option added into fitbit app.

Yves052567
First Steps
Koodos to that

Folks, just move on. I have posted about this 3 years ago and nothing happened after several releases. One said FitBit was "considering" it back in Feb. 2018. MOVE ON!!! Another poster said this company really went down hill and doesn't care about their customers. I'm sure I'll get thrown in FitBit jail for posting on this again. There are now much better trackers out there. I switched to the Galaxy Smartwatch watch and love it. All because FitBit doesn't care about their customers.

tonypalmer
Keeping Pace

Hi @pwolchak ,

This suggestion actually has 1,338 votes. The previous suggestion from 2015 (which asked for percentages and grams, is labeled as "Released", but they only implemented percentages and left the grams out. That suggestion has 1,825 votes. There are lots of suggestions marked as "Released" that have fewer votes than either of these suggestions, and there some with more votes that are "Not currently planned". It feels to me like these are taken on a case by case basis, and while the number of votes are important, it's clear there are other factors. I am not employed by Fitbit, and I have NO visibility into what those criteria might be.

Speaking as a person with Type 1 Diabetes, knowing the macros in grams of the food I eat means quite a bit to me, and the stakes are higher than my fitness. Getting the grams of carbs right for each meal is crucial in my management of the condition. More than 30 million people in the United States have type 1 or 2 diabetes (424 million worldwide) according to the IDF. How many of those people would benefit from counting carbs and dosing medication accordingly? My wild guess, based on 30 years of managing the disease? All of them.

CindyLeah
Jogger

Please ad the option to choose Net Carbs. It is tedious and time consuming to track my net carbs in a different app.Thank you. 

EmOgle1027
Jogger

I HATE having to use MFP as well as my FitBit.... I really want the option to change my Macros in FitBit so I can solely use the app. 

Thanks!

sophielaura
Jogger

yes PLEASE! All good tracking apps have that feature 🙂

pam120800
Recovery Runner

I appreciate the ability to see the %/ratio of calories from carbs, fat, and protein.  However, due to medical conditions, I need to see my carbs and protein in grams as well as ratio.  I can view this on my dashboard via web browser, but it would make my life so much easier if I could see this in the app.  It seems I am not the only one that wants/needs this.  Please add this feature, as well as the ability to log blood glucose, to the app.  These features are WAY more necessary to truly be a health & wellness tracker than "female health" (a.k.a. menstruation) tracking.  I am a woman and I am truly appalled by how much work and detail went into the development of the "female health" tracker when you offer absolutely no ability to track blood glucose, not even manually, and cannot provide protein and carbs in grams. 

DebsBaze
Jogger

How is it 2019 and there's still no ability to see your macros in grams via the app???! All I can see are percentages. Having the ability to count your macro nutrients in grams is a basic requirement of any fitness tracker. I always end up going back to MyFitnessPal. Please, FitBit, people have been asking for this since 2015! 

KentW
Recovery Runner

FitBit team! Thank you for adding grams to the macros in the app. Very helpful! 

pam120800
Recovery Runner

They were added???  Not on my app.

mstonge70
Jogger
Mike St. Onge
Sent from my iPhone
Catmomma
Jogger

Yes.  They are in parentheses after the %.  If they aren't showing up, you might need to update your ap p (I didn't have to).

IMG_9458.jpg

EmOgle1027
Jogger
You still cannot manage them though....they just show you
Pinkcadillac
Jogger
Still doesn't have what I need, sodium!

Move on folks. This is too little, too late. I moved to the Samsung Galaxy Smartwatch. Far superior hardware and app. And yes, the macros are in grams. Had 3 Ionics and they all failed.

Kharoe
First Steps

Fitbit app provides nutrition information for food being logged but it doesn’t change based on how much was logged in that entry.

For example it shows the same grams of fat for peanut butter whether I am logging one or two or 100 tablespoons.  

Please improve over this feature by having it reflect the serving size entered.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Kharoe, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

Jhill17
First Steps

People with diabetes need to be able to track carb grams per meal. Please make this happen! You can see the enormous demand.

Move on friend. I posted this years ago. I have the Samsung Galaxy Watch.. Far superior hardware and app. I have 3 FitBit Ionics and they all failed.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Fitbit app. Now the macronutrients breakdown will be displayed in both, percentages and grams after logging food in the Fitbit app. You can learn more about this here.

@LucieRuzickova, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

sjmmt
Keeping Pace
Thanks!Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.