Macros in grams in the app

Hey everyone!
I have got a Fitbit Charge 2 and I have already downloaded the app into my iphone. As long as I am tracking the macros, I would appreciate if the app shows me also how many grams of protein, fat and carbs I eat, not only the percentage as it does now. I know I can check it in the dashboard on the internet via my macbook, but I think it would be really useful to make it possible in the app as well. What do you think?

397 Comments
Sbfuller1
First Steps

I would love to be able to see my macronutrients in grams instead of or in addition to the percentages. While the percentages are cool to see, macro counters need to know the grams to be efficient in counting! If the Fitbit app could incorporate this I would no longer need to use two apps to track my food. Pleeeease add this it would make lives so much easier for tracking!

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Sbfuller1 ! Thank you for your suggestion. I moved your post to this similar post, so that you'll be informed if there is any change about this request. 

Pickles1013
First Steps

please show daily food totals in percentages and grams on the app as well.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Pickles1013, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

Catmomma
Jogger

I would love to see an option for a different view of the macronutrients on the mobile app.  It currently shows the % of where you are - I would like to see the numbers (I know my goals for each day, but can't tell where I am on the mobile app).  The first screen shot is from the mobile app; the 2nd is from my computer.  It would be appreciated to be able to change the view to what I need (what I see on my computer).  Thank you!

Mobile app viewMobile app viewComputer viewComputer viewScreen Shot 2019-05-22 at 11.30.00 AM.png

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Catmomma, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

Salyforth
First Steps

I’d like a toggle to display either % (as it is today) or grandma by macro. 

Also I’d like to be able to export that data (macros by day over time). 

Thank you!!!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Salyforth, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime. Learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. I hope to see you around.

praveen.sdlp
First Steps

I have been using fitbit for last 2 months to keep track of all my food and calories in/out status. When I log into my dashboard using computer, I see all the Macronutrients breakdown in grams, while there is no such option in App (at least for Ios). I would be nice have same option (both in % and grams) in app too. I would also like to set goal for my daily intake with regards to Macronutrients at specific times and notifications for reminders. I am really enjoying fitbit over apple watch and having features will fulfill all of the needs.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and Labels

NaturalHealth
First Steps

In the age of ketogenic, body building, low fat and other diets, people want to count grams of carbs, protein, and fat.  But only % macro nutrients are on the Fitbit app and you have to go online to get the grams.  What a pain in the tuckus!  Please add the macro nutrient grams below the %s on the app.  Other food trackers do this but I hate to have to log my food in a separate app.

Thanks for your consideration!

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @NaturalHealth, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding macros with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

mstonge70
Jogger

On the Fitbit app, macros are shown in percentages. It would be nice to also see how many grams of each macro we’ve consumed. Example Carbs 35g Fat 29g Protein 55g for the day

ramseyperea
First Steps

I can check my macros in grams online, but would like to see my macros in grams on the app as well. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @mstonge70, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback regarding macros with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. At the moment it is not planned to implement it. Nonetheless you can still add your vote.

Status changed to: Under Consideration
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone thanks for sharing this suggestion. This is being discussed although I do not have a firm commitment or timeline at the moment. Do continue to vote for this feature suggestion whilst it’s under consideration. Please note that if something is under consideration and chosen for development, it can be a while until it's released or until I have any news to share. Please watch this space for any updates! Thanks for your patience.

ckepner
First Steps

Please add the capability to view macros in grams in the app! This is a huge hole in the functionality of the app!

They said they are taking it under advisement. LOL. I moved on to the Samsung Galaxy Watch. Hardware and app is much better.

ElNolo
First Steps

It will be great if:

1. the web "Daily Totals" under "Food Plan" add a figure for "Net Carbs" (Carbs - fiber - sugar alcohols)
  2. the mobile app list in the "macronutrients" section; Carbs (and/or "Net Carbs"), Fat, Protein in "grams" (in addition to percentages)
Yves052567
First Steps

I would love to see macros broken down in grams and percentages, and maybe have the option to set goals towards them! Anyone else feel the same? 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ElNolo, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote! I also noted that you mentioned a second idea. I ask you to post only one idea per feature. That way, we can keep the board organized and searchable. This makes it easier to know which idea other members are voting for. Here is the link for another existing feature suggestion regarding net carbs: NET Carbs instead of Carbs

felidstar
First Steps

Adding my voice to those who would find grams very useful for hitting our goals in the app. I am liking the ease of scanning in what I'm eating, but I'm really only interested in calories to make sure I'm staying in the correct range. Grams is much more useful to make sure that I'm eating correctly for my training regiment.

Becsiv
First Steps

Seeing Macronutrients as percentages only is not helpful for those of us who count macronutrients in terms of grams. Many people find it more meaningful to see the number of grams of protein, fat, and carbohydrates, as we have set goals to reach. Currently, other apps such as, my fitness pal, allow for this type of tracking. This requires Fitbit users to use a separate app to track macros. More use could be made of the Fitbit food tracker if macronutrients were made more available. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Becsiv, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Under Consideration". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

mdrons
Jogger
Fitbit wake up.  You are losing customers because you cant add the features people are asking for that they can get in other apps.   
pwolchak
Base Runner
So it looks like this has 374 votes. I know it's been moved to Under
Consideration, but is there a number that means the community just gets
something it wants, rather than it just being considered?
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.