Macros in grams in the app

Hey everyone!
I have got a Fitbit Charge 2 and I have already downloaded the app into my iphone. As long as I am tracking the macros, I would appreciate if the app shows me also how many grams of protein, fat and carbs I eat, not only the percentage as it does now. I know I can check it in the dashboard on the internet via my macbook, but I think it would be really useful to make it possible in the app as well. What do you think?

397 Comments

Yes. This is a no brainer. C'mom FitBit delvelopers. The percentages tell me nothing. I need to see Protein, carbs and fat in grams

zipperclub
First Steps

YEs! I would like to see grams! This way i dont have to use other apps. Show us the grams fitbit!

PLease

gloryatsea
Recovery Runner

Please, please, PLEASE update the fitbit app so that it tracks macronutrients in grams and not simply percentages.

LadyGoogles
First Steps

YES PLEASE! This is literally the only reason I use another app to track food.

ksebella
First Steps

Yes please. Percentages are useless without grams. 

Drumcheddar
First Steps

I love that you added macro nutrients but for me specifically it's more beneficial to see exactly how many grams of each nutrient I have eaten. Also if this could be done to track the grams of sugar intake per day that would be phenomenal. I've been trying to cut my sugar way back but it's difficult when almost everything has added sugar on top of natural sugars in fruits and veggies. Thanks for taking suggestions and for reading mine. Hope to see this feature added soon!

shaunap
First Steps

For counting macros, percentages are useless. Go grams!

So true. I don't know how they let this slip by.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Jessag15
Jogger

Hello! I like that Fitbit attempted to include macros in nutrition tracking however these numbers are percentages and that's really not useful to me. Most people tracking macros use grams so I still end up having to count the grams myself since the app doesn't include that feature. I would really like to see macros in grams please! As I'm sure many others as well!

thanks! -Jessica 

Angelcake20
Jogger

Yes, this would be great. It is very time consuming to have to add them up separately. 

Passenger
Jogger

Definitely. Need this and I will be 100% in the Fitbit app rather then using other services for logging. Percentage is generally useless...unless you give me the total grams consumed. But no 😛

Please add macros by weight (grams) at a minimum to the app. Would be a huge help and hopefully low hanging fruit for you guys. Also showing net carbs and fiber or total carbs and fiber would be awesome. Keep it up! Thanks!

Austin87
First Steps

Just started counting macros and even I think having the percentage only provides very little value. As I go through this journey, I need to count grams to ensure im meeting my goals. 

Mwfaith94
First Steps

Should be a way to change macronutrients from percentage to grams 

packguy1
First Steps

I agree! I am adamant about tracking my macro's and with my new Fitbit Charge 2 iOS the app doesn't give me what I need. The data should be there, please simply give options to display it. Grams of fats, proteins, and carbs per meal/snack and for the whole day. 

packguy1
First Steps

Yes please! amount of grams is just as important as %. I can figure it out but too much math. Maybe make it so just tap the macro's % and it alternates between grams and %? I'd like to see grams and % per meal though too.

packguy1
First Steps

Accurate macro tracking is very important to many of us who use this more than calorie counting as a guide to get the right mixture of various foods. % listed is a good start, but grams of each is needed please.

Chantruese
Jogger

YES!! This! Being able to see actual macros in grams (plus fiber!) would be HUGE, I could stop using secondary apps or the website to track!

Pacsman97
Jogger
Do we know when this feature of seeing a full meals macronutrient value
will be available in the App/ client?

Aaron Summers
Swindiff
First Steps

Another vote for this vital addition.

Envirolady
First Steps

I would love love love the macro stuff in grams and add fiber to the list...thanks!

wpbarbour83
Jogger

I would LOVE to have macros broken down into grams as well!

Pedrogomlo
First Steps

This is pretty sinple, a lot of people want to see macros in grams not only in percentages since it's easier to plan and manage in grams. At the moment i have to use a separate app for this.

Also it could be amazing if below levels, kms, calories and activity minutes we could be able to see our macro grams consumed for each day

thank you

First Steps

Definitely need grams. No way to track minimums (e.g. Protein) otherwise. Would also be helpful to have a minimum protein / fiber, etc. target (calc based on healthy body weight?) along with graphs displaying daily / weekly achievement to make sure user is hitting minimums. Currently tough to track for an aspiring vegan. Thanks!

I agree with this statement. I would really like to be able to see grams or set macro goals in the fitbit app. By not having this feature, it causes me to use other apps to track my food. 

Please add grams to the macro view in the app. And a way to set macro goals. I really just want to use your app for all of my tracking, but without being able to see grams, I have to use other spurces.

Moderator edit: Added Labels

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.