Make Dutch language available

Please make Dutch language available in dashboard and app. Under advanced setting I can select

"Nederland (engels)" but it stays english. I already contacted fitbit-support and they admitted the dutch language is NOT available yet and asked me to share this idea in this "Feature suggestion".

DONE ! I hope it will come available very soon.... IT will make a lot of DUTCH users very happy !

Moderator Edit: Updated label

21 Comments
Jeroen
Strider

Can you please add the The Netherlands as an option in the app, also also the option to use Auto Time zone? Right now it will take UK instead of Amsterdam.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

H_hindriks
Jogger

I agree. Would be nice for the Dutch market.

Jeroen
Strider

@H_hindriks druk dan ook even op de vote button 🙂

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Would be nice to be fully "included" in the happy Fitbit-family yes. You got my vote Jeroen!

dnz2k6
Jogger

Good idea.

@Jeroen wrote:

Can you please add the The Netherlands as an option in the app, also also the option to use Auto Time zone? Right now it will take UK instead of Amsterdam.

Visje
Recovery Runner

Would certainly be a great idea.

mspierings
Stepping Up

I totally agree to this suggestion.

Also the Dutch language should be available for the Windows app, website and Surge device.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Jeroen thanks for sharing your thoughts with us! In fact the Fitbit app for iOS is supported in Netherlands. Is this what you meant?

In the case of the auto timezone not working properly I recommend setting up manually the correct one, since loss of data can occur if the "Auto Time Zone" option in the app's Advanced Settings is on.

See you around! Woman Wink

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

EddyDB
First Steps

I am a Dutch speaking person.  After the last app-update the Dutch language is no longer supported.  Why ????

Many Fitbit-users are speaking Dutch.  Help them please !!!  Think on them !!!

LauraBK
First Steps

Hi there! Please bring back the Dutch language in the app! For a short while Dutch was available! Why isn't it anymore ? It'll make the app more useful for a lot of people! Thank you! 

sandeerius
First Steps

It would be nice to add the dutch Language to the app (Android/IOS) and to the ionic system that would make a lot of belgian / dutch peoples happy 😉 i am very statified about the product but it is always nice to use the product in your own language 😜

Fredje88
First Steps

Please make the dutch language availble in the fitbit application

JosBroekx
First Steps

Could you please implement Dutch as a language into the app for the Charge 2?

kristofg
First Steps

i would also like the dutch language support for belgium.

for me personally its ok in english, but my parrents do not understand english at all. 

i suggest to start with the interface on mobile application as this is most used.

in case help is need for this, please ask, i am happy to help.

i suppose a language file needs to be created, if you can share this, i can make a translation for you. 

@Roodster wrote:

Please make Dutch language available in dashboard and app. Under advanced setting I can select

"Nederland (engels)" but it stays english. I already contacted fitbit-support and they admitted the dutch language is NOT available yet and asked me to share this idea in this "Feature suggestion".

DONE ! I hope it will come available very soon.... IT will make a lot of DUTCH users very happy !

greetz

kristof

MarkFulvio
Recovery Runner

Please DO NOT remove English as an option in Netherlands and Belgium as there is as many expats that don't speak Dutch as a first language. SO the selection should be Netherlands - English and Netherlands - Dutch. For Belgium it would be English Dutch and French.

BezigBijtje
First Steps

Are there plans to run the app and windows version in Dutch and Flemish Belgium? I hope so very soon!

MarkFulvio
Recovery Runner

Please DO NOT remove English as an option in Netherlands and Belgium as there is as many expats that don't speak Dutch as a first language. SO the selection should be Netherlands - English and Netherlands - Dutch. For Belgium it would be English, Dutch and French as language options.

ALXvirtual
First Steps

Hope there will be a dutch language soon! Might as well be for the entire Fitbit eco-system. Not just the dashboard, also the app and the community posts, later on even guides or training exercises.

I wasn't particularly missing the Dutch language until I only saw English posts in the community. I thought.. where all 'my' people? Then I started looking for answer and stumbled upon this post..

Maybe with the take over of Google a month ago, more languages will be available shortly! (I hope). 

It surely works best for your customer intimacy to make them feel at home, using their own language.

Juliemarcelis
First Steps
Please make Dutch language available when selecting the country Belgium. The only language when selecting Belgium is English.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Juliemarcelis. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the Dutch language available with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.