Make ECG available in all EU countries

The Fitbit Sense ECG capability is available in some EU countries already. Since all of EU adheres to the same medical device regulations which allow marketing of a device approved in one member country across the EU, please make this capability available across all of EU.
26 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @RasmusP, thank you for sharing this suggestion about the possibility of having SpO2 tracking and ECG available for all EU countries. You can check the list of countries where it's currently available here

We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

sandis128
First Steps

The same problem. When ECG will be available for Slovenia? 

You are seling the product with the features that are not available in our country??

And your answers are olways so general without any time frames. Can you give me any estimation when the ECG will be available in Slovenia?

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for sharing your feedback about this, @sandis128. Unfortunately we haven't received other news about this for the moment. 

This idea includes all the European Union, but you can also post an idea separately only for Slovenia. Thanks again for sharing your feedback. 

Have a great day.  

Hingane
Base Runner

Thank you for sharing this information. I hope it will come soon to Finland.

Kontinental
Recovery Runner

Hello,

any ETA for Lithuania (we're a EU member state)?

I bought Charge5 believing in Fitbit's advertisement that it will get ECG with upcoming firmware update, 

but turns out it was false 😞 I could have bought much cheaper device if i knew ECG wont really be available, so yes, i was misled

Majolenko
Jogger

Hello, pls Slovakia ASAP, we're EU member. Thanks in advance.

siimduud
First Steps

Still nothing for Estonia. 

I don't understand why I have to come here and beg for features that I paid for?

Moderator Edit: Word choice

Simpin
First Steps

I bought the charge 5 version just for ECG function. Indeed it was the main difference of earlier versions. You should understand my dissapointment in fitbit after understanding that the main feature doesn not work (in Lithuania).

Since the rules for the European Union are the same, why it is still alowed only i  some parts of EU?

Klemy
First Steps

Ecg is still not working in Slovenia. It was the main reason I bought Fitbit 5 in the first place.

GeekExtraordina
Recovery Runner

Any reason why ECG isn't available in all of the EU countries? 

I am from Croatia (an EU country) and ECG is not available there.

kbzr
Jogger

Is there any update on this topic? ECG app is still not available in Finland (EU). The only reason I bought the device for based on reading some global product reviews where ECG was mentioned... Very disappointed.

Majolenko
Jogger

@kbzrI agree. Next time I wouldn't by this Charge 5. Disappointment. Xiaomi Mi Band does the same work with 1/4 price.

No ECG, no SpO2% during the day, GPS dropouts (only half track recorded), expensive Premium with weak benefits.

e.sidagyte
First Steps

Yup... this is why now after reading all of the *, ** and ***s I decided not to buy Charge 5 and look for some other brand completely.
Also, Fitbit bands do not last for more than a year on me, nor did Charge 3, of which I already had three...

I like the design of the Charge devices most of all, so it is a real pitty for me.

(Lithuania)

ranezu
Jogger

@DavideFitbit or any other support person reading this, could we get an status update on this ASAP, please! We would really like to see a concrete plan and schedule, because it has been so long already.

dopamine
Jogger

Same request. I’m in Croatia, EU member state, and this is absolutely discriminatory - not to mention false advertising

Doctor2022
Jogger

I will never buy Fitbit again ! Use your ECG function in USA. Be healthy ! I will find another device thats work everywhere!

I also selling my Google Pixel 7 Pro, because of the ECG app and Fitbit Charge 5. The chinese Vivo, Huawei, Xiaomi etc. are better ! What a dissapoitment from Google !

AnishSadanandan
First Steps

Mods, I have a Pixel 7 pro and a Pixel watch. I'm unable to download the Fitbit ECG app. Play Store gives me a message saying the app is not compatible with my phone. I'm located in Germany and both devices were purchased here. Any idea why this is happening??

Strophe
Jogger

Still no ECG app available in Finland.

Such a dissappointment after buying the Sense 2..

---------

I would really want to know an explanation why these functions are not available on all countries? E.g. ECG is avalailable in Sweden, but not in Finland? Legislation in these countries are similar to each other and therefore this is not an answer here. 

Developers are hiding behind the low-respect answer: ”…If community votes ’enough’ we, developers, will consider expanding it”…Yeah right, I get the point.

Cant see any real reason behind this than an absurd application policy by the service procider (read Google).

Pff with you.

AndrewFB
Recovery Runner

Upvoted this. ECG not available in Malta, EU. No afib feature either. Apple Watch ECG is supported in the same region and 147 regions, Fitbit supported in 30 regions.

Wish I'd known before purchase as I specifically bought it for heart tracking. Still don't want to buy brands like Huawei or Xiaomi so Apple Watch is the main alternative and is just over double the price but I really just want a fitness band, not an expensive smartwatch.

It doesn't look good that these threads are over a year old with no change and no ETA. The hardware features have been paid for, it's not justified to region block the use of it without refunds, ETA of approvals or explicit warnings before purchase.

Maneetti
Jogger

Hi,

I have been using fitbit sense since the release date. I'm still missing the ECG feature in Finland. ECG is approved in EU, Why can't you just enable it also in Finalnd?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

The same comment from me, a user from Finland. What an earth is the problem ?

kugerium
First Steps

Such a shame and frustration. I specifically upgraded to Charge 5 because of ECG. In 2021 I was promised by Fitbit support that they are working on a solution. 2 years later - we're still with nothing. 

You constantly say that you rely on our feedback to help you develop products and features that you know our community wants to see.  Well, this thread has been open for 2 years and nothing was done.

I have a strong feeling that this will be the last Fitbit fitness tracker that I have bought. Been a loyal customer since the original Charge.

Kontinental
Recovery Runner
welcome to FitCr4p community, were developers listen our feedback day in
and day out
Ururebane
Recovery Runner

There should not be any problems based on https://blog.google/products/fitbit/fitbit-sense-ecg/ shouldnt all EU countries be treated as equal?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
NOT ALL EU COUNTRIES!

Diaspppinted to my Sense 2 for A couple of rwasons already and now this.
Why is Finland missing ?

Sincerely

Kimmo Mattila
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.