Change Timezone on Fitbit Without Being Connected To The Internet

For next Charge, let me change the time zone displayed on the watch without being connected to the internet.  This is currently a huge hassle when flying.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and labels

56 Comments
ThisProductIsCa
First Steps
I've owned a fitbit for 2 years and have always had issues with it pairing and it now just doesn't work and I can't use it as a watch cuz I need the app to change the time. Please please please let people just manually change the time from the device settings itself. Now I have a $200 piece of metal that does nothing but waste space.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ThisProductIsCa, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to change the time directly on your Fitbit device with us. This idea already exists in the Feature Suggestions board and you can see them here:

Please support these ideas by adding your vote as this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

rdh.de
Jogger
I am an airline pilot and regularly cross timezones. I go places where I don't readily have internet / wifi. It is so stupid that an internet connection is required to sync my Sense with my mobile phone - I can't even update my Sense to new Local Time. A simple BT link between the two should suffice to make such basic changes.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @rdh.de, thanks for sharing this product feedback about being able to update the time and date offline on your phone with us. This idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

JimLS
Jogger
Charge 5. Traveling to Asia with sporadic wifi availability. It's ridiculous to require internet access for updating the time, downloading sleep data, etc My watch thinks it's yesterday - I synced at the hotel but the time didn't update. Have read lots of comments about this over years. Google really must not care about customers.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JimLS, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.