Make Google migration a reversible process

My phone broke, now I have to use an older one until I can afford a new phone.
I already migratet my Fitbit-Account to Google on my usual phone.
The phone I use now has Android 8.1 and I can't log in anymore because I can't update the app and there is no way to log in via google with the old App.
So now I can't use fitbit until I buy a new phone.
14 Comments
DJDJTO
Recovery Runner
I just migrated my Fitbit account to a Google account in the app. Now I cannot see my friends data. What on earth?. I get friend step count unavailable for all of my friends

Why was I not warned about this I would like my account put back into a Fitbit account. This is absolutely unacceptable.
I want a response
Maxi137
Jogger

The option to put our accounts back into fitbit-Accounts is essential.

There was no way to try out what happens if the account migrates to google. People who have problems now have no way back!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Maxi137, and thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about making the Google migration a reversible process with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this product feedback receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides what product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Phenso
First Steps
Since we were advised to move out Fitbit accounts to Google, early adopters have been shut out of our community step trackers. I can now no longer see anyone's steps! We'll now have to wait 2 YEARS before we can use fitbit as it was intended. Yes, if all my community join Google it'll work, but a) they won't and b) WHY should we wait 2 years?
Kristinya
First Steps

It is very frustrating to lose all of the connections to community, forum, and friends, and then not be able to revert back to a Fitbit sign in.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Phenso, thanks for sharing this product feedback about being able to revert the migration progress of your Fitbit account with us. Because a similar idea was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DJDJTO, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about allowing you to revert the migration process of your Fitbit account with us. Because a similar product feedback was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

My charge 5 died one a month out of warranty. Bought the charge 6 to replace, which required a google account at time of order. Now told that I cant migrate my historical data to the new account. One of the largest tech companies in the world cant migrate data? Deal breaker for me. Loyal customer for 8 years will now look elsewhere.
STaSHoLa
First Steps
Option needed to move account from an associated Google account back to a normal Fitbit account. New job won't allow Google accounts on their phones
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @STaSHoLa, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about being able to switch back to a Fitbit account with us. Because this product feedback was already requested in this board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ShockedandAwed, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Product Feedback Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing product feedback:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per product feedback, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Product Feedback.

JessieCat
Jogger

Fitbit,

I feel conned by you requesting us users to move to Google, having done so I now find have l friends aren't showing plus other things , 

And worst still i can't go back  either fix the issue with community, and friends, either force the move, or give us the option 

This is a deal breaker 

mdiederich
First Steps

I chose the wrong email when I was asked to move my account to Google.  Now my account of over 8 years got migrated to my work email instead of my personal email address which has been the email address on file. After numerous conversations with Fitbit, I was told that there is NO WAY to fix it and that I should just create a new account with the correct email.  I would lose EIGHT YEARS of my fitness and health data.  Unacceptable. I understand that google now owns Fitbit and this is an inevitable part of the transition, but Fitbit did us dirty. What if I need to leave the gmail account my Fitbit account is now tied to? There has to be a way to retain my Fitbit data and migrate it to a new google account.  I am extremely disappointed and will be much more highly considering the move to an Apple Watch when this Fitbit device dies. I have been so committed to Fitbit for such a long time, but this really frustrated me. 

JessieCat
Jogger
I fully agree with all you say , never thought of the email issue it's
moved me from Hotmail. They need to sort this rapidly or like you I may
well be looking elsewhere. I'm still not happy that 90%of my friends and
community are not showing as there still wisely with Fitbit
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.