Make Heart Rate Data export in Excel/CSV format

Please add the heart rate data to the reports that can be downloaded/exported.  The ones for the activity and sleep are perfect but since I have a pacemaker I really need to have one to print out for my cardiologist showing how often I rise above the set pace.

Thank you

Mod edit: Title

903 Comments
vegar_m
Jogger

I definetly agree! A more detailed 24/7 HR-graph both in the app and on the Dashboard.

In general I think that also the steps and sleep-graph should have more detailed graph and timeline. Maybe a zoom-function also here.

FlashP74
Base Runner
Seems odd not being able to get the raw data and it should be free, the "data is ours after all".
BryBub
Strider
Release heart rate data to Digifit. Please.
blakeatwork
Base Runner

Exporting in .xls makes no sense; raw data should be exported in a .csv or .txt format for you to manipulate in your own Excel file, without any prior formatting by FitBit.

Bauer24
Strider
I agree. Even viewing your HR data on the app is really poor. Need to be able to enter a time to see exactly what ur HR was at this particular time.
FlashP74
Base Runner

Something like a double slider like on ringtone editor apps would be handy so you can look at your own start and finish times where the data could be viewed. Still prefer Raw data though.

RileyRose
Jogger

If you pay for the premium app, you can export your data, and I believe it is in whichever format you would like.

FlashP74
Base Runner

I tried the premium version on the 1-week free trial. The export didn't contain HR data, just a summary of daily information.

Bauer24
Strider
The HR data isn't possible to export on premium.
BrandonT
First Steps

I'd like to see a zoomable graph view available for all the data possible so I could see my HR, calorie burn, steps, or sleep status for any given period - LARGE.  Some of the graph views are ridiculously small and basically unusable.  Maybe even be able to load 2 graphs at the same time or choose multiple plots on the same graph. 

FlashP74
Base Runner

Maybe a rotation option on the app would help with this. Very hard to work out anything when 24 hours is squashed into a portrait graph.

Bauer24
Strider
Definitely need to be able to see the HR data in ur phones on full screen if you turn phone to landscape. This surely is a must!!
tohara
First Steps

It would be an extremely beneficial idea if it were possible to zoom in on the heart rate graph to see your heart rate over a series of time. For example if something important is on tv you cn easierly see how your body reacted in real time. At the moment the graphs share only for 24 hrs days and it would be great if you could see the details over smaller areas of time. Although this is available when using the workout feature there will still likely be periods where people haven't started a workout and yet still have increased heart rates. Perhaps a max zoom in of 1 hour periods throughout the day.

Additionally i hope that Fitbit will be able to put it in place a note taking system where users can retrospectively add in tags/notes to certain heart rate data, or any other data which has been recorded. Take for example a thunderstorm, or a near car accident, or a love interest you may come across. These can all increase your heart rate and unless theres some way to keep a record of them it will be difficult to identify them in the future.

shales99
Recovery Runner

I agree with TISM. I want access to my HR data. Set my HR data free.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Cool idea, a more detailed heart rate graph could definitely help with identifying HR trends. I'll be sure to relay your feature suggestion on to the rest of the team.

adillen
Stepping Up

Come on moderators, where is the response on this item.  Heart rate is the most important data tracked by the Charge HR and Surge, and should be exportable.  Make this happen!!!

TISM
Recovery Runner

Thank for the supportSmiley Very Happy

shales99
Recovery Runner

Since Apple has dropped many of its planned health features of the Apple watch because of reported regulatory concerns perhaps fitbit is concerned about FDA oversight or injuctions if they release the data. Simply tracking resting HR is probably their legal fallback line that they don't want to cross. If this is the case then fitbit needs to be open about their concerns.

kaligirl2
Runner

Resting HR is fine as a start - please consider and thanks!

Wired
Jogger

I would like to be able to download heart rate data in a spreadsheet format.  My 10 year old Timex has that capability and does my 5 year old Garmin.

dhajse
Jogger

Exactly what I asked about on the Fitbit Facebook page. Like all of you I would love to get more data from HR tracking and even a look over to the Endomondo could give Fitbit a general idea of what we want.

FB post: At the moment I am able to see only daily graph in Dashboard and I would like to see it separately with the option of zooming in and having it recorded beat by beat.

DSci
Premium User
First Steps

Please provide the abillity to export heart rate data.  Many competitors already provide this ability, including Garmin (I have exported heart rate data from GarminConnect).   The main reason I recently bought a fitbit charge HR is for the ability to record continuous heart rate data, especially while sleeping and during normal working hours.  Few other competitors offer this capability along with other features like distance, stairs , and a silent alarm.  Adding export of heart rate recordings would be a big plus and distinguish the product even further.

Derek_Thomson
First Steps

Yup, I can't emphasise how dissappointed I am that this currently isn't possible.  It was the whole point of buying the device, for me.  I want to analyse and compare my data under different siturations, ideally on a minute by minute basis. As the others say, it's my data - set it free!

nikbates
Stepping Up

It is really frustrating that they claim it is contunious heart rate monitoring when the app only displays intervals of like 5 mins. I am really frustrated because is basically false advertising on their part. 

autoFit
First Steps

I totally agree about the data. If it's "OUR" data, we should be able to export all the raw data. Every data point that is recorded: HR data included. Even accelerometer data.

Fitbit: please consider this. It should be straightforward. Thanks!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.