Make Heart Rate Data export in Excel/CSV format

Please add the heart rate data to the reports that can be downloaded/exported.  The ones for the activity and sleep are perfect but since I have a pacemaker I really need to have one to print out for my cardiologist showing how often I rise above the set pace.

Thank you

Mod edit: Title

903 Comments
Cyclingfan
First Steps

I agree that HR data should be exportable 

wjbx15
Jogger

The only reason I have this is I want to track my heart rate.  Why can't I download this information... where did I see "its your data".... welll let me have it.  And detailed information like shows on the one day moniter... I want access to that data.... or I shall return the product.  If you have to pay a premium for this I will return the product.  It's my data.  So far I find this product extremely disappointing.  Better results from a less expensive brand.

dudeabides
First Steps

Bought a Charge HR, excited that I could monitor my Heart Rate (hence the name) and analyze it over time , but I can't actually get the data!  Seriously? Make it available, no charge. It's why we bought the **ahem** HR model in the first place.  

jalm1
Keeping Pace

Please provide a chart (on dashboard and mobile) that trends the resting heart rate data over more than 30 days (just like i can other metrics).

Resting heart rate is a long term trend that i want to monitor, and i shouldnt be limited to 30 days fo visability.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Mec1955
First Steps

Having a great time using the HR FitBit but endorse the future ability to export the data collected so that it can be effectively used to modify workouts and diets to attain the user's goals.  As a former IT Executive, I am familiar with how simple this new capability would be to develop.  Come on!!

Rlackey
Jogger

I can't agree with this more.  For those of us who have high resting heartbeats or other conerns and want to track it over a series of months or year(s)... it is an essential feature.  

Ad13
Recovery Runner
I'd like this feature too
Craig
Distance Runner

Please fix where the heart rates from Charge Hr and Surge will show on the premium page as graph and when a CVS or excel report is pulled down. Loss of great data and we are paying for premium this would should be part of the package. Thanks

Moderator edit: Labels

blaine
Recovery Runner

The user interface for export of HR data is already in place. The TCX file exported is empty. The failure to include HR data organized by time for both 24x7 data and workout data is a bug.

1. The product's name is "Charge HR". 
  2. The feature that differentiates it from the early Fitbits is the capture and display of HR data.
  3. The feature that differentiates the Surge from the Charge HR is the capture of GIS data.
  4. For every level of product, for any product based on capture of personal data, the user should have access to their own data.

In the case of the Charge HR, it is reasonable to expect  a data export more or less like the data displayed in the dashboard or in the activities window, which displays data from workouts at a higher level of resolution than the standard dashboard display.

Owners of the Fitbit HR can also buy a 'premimum' service. That service includes several reports which are intended to add value to the core product. Those reports, however, are based on analysis of the core data (HR by time) and might or might not be part of an export for users who have purchased the premimum service.

For those of us who have not purchased the premimum service, export of data already has a UI in place. A well formed TCX is exported. The developemnt team just needs to be provided with the resources to fix this bug.

Since this is a bug report, not a feature request, it is possible  I should be reporting it somewhere else. I'd appreciate a suggestion for a better place.

Tonybax
Stepping Up
Agree. The HR analysis on Surge could do with more detail. I have a pacemaker and would like to see what is going on.
kateg209
First Steps

I purchased the fitbit precisely for the Heart Rate data and when I couldn't access it, upgraded to premium and then realized that premium doesn't even provide the information I need.  Please do something to allow us access to this data.

Davehoffman
Recovery Runner

Huge for me as I'm using the FitBit due to my families long history of heart disease and that is such a major telling point

Seamonkey
Runner

Completely agree that this would be valuable data to follow.  I would like both a better display to ensure I'm not spiking in heartrate due to apnea and would like more than 30 days worth of data available.  I haven't had my HR quite that long and I'm disappointed to read of this limit.

YellowZ06
Recovery Runner

I would really like to see a means of exporting to Excel my BMR data or at least print a chart showing the values versus date.  I need to show to my doctor the effects of travel on my BMR...

FlyingScotsman
First Steps

The support team told me there is no date for this important feature to be added. I would have preferred a fuller answer stating either there are regulatory concerns with releasing heart rate data and why, or the technical impediments to deploying the feature in the API.

Strange that a key sales feature of the HR products is only half-done. Having the heart rate available on the dashboard is not the same thing as having the minute-by-minute date available via the API.

Nita_Dawg
Recovery Runner

I purchased the Charge HR fitness tracker on March 27, 2015. I have been extremely happy with it thus far; other than a few inacurracies with the heart rate reporting, it has been reliable, easy to use, comfortable, and it integrates well with my other devices. I really like that it doubles as a watch with date, and that it doesn't look out of place with a casual outfit.

Unfortunately we have a major issue that I just learned of today when I attempted to download my data for the first time. See, I purchased this tracker with the SOLE INTENTION of monitoring a chronic health condition that affects my heart rate. The step count/etc are all helpful, but secondary to the need to monitor my heart rates throughout the day and night. I downloaded an Excel file with body, activity and sleep data included. I was shocked to see that there was no type of heart rate data included in the file. No average heart rates, no resting heart rate average, (which I clearly see on my dashboard). How do I download this critical piece of health information for my doctors?

So ... my love of my new watch/step counter/activity tracker has been shrowded by the lack of heart rate data. For goodness sakes, the term heartrate is in the name of the watch! It was recommended to me by a store clerk when I told him what I wanted ... a device to monitor my heart rates so I could download the data to monitor my condition. To add to that, when I purchased said device, I checked your website, which at the time (less than three weeks ago) clearly stated that the data is mine, and that I can download it to use however I please, without having to pay an annual membership fee.

PLEASE MAKE THE HEART RATE DATA DOWNLOADABLE. I don't need the real-time pulse rate for every second of the day ... that would be unrealistic. I do, however, need to be able to look for trends associated with my activities and health symptoms. If I can't do that, then this watch is useless to me, and I will have to return it, despite how much I enjoy the other features.

Thank you for making a great product! Just this one thing, (well and a second hand for checking manual heart rates) and it would be perfect for my needs.

Thanks!

Shane Jakober

Woodland, Ca

robo_boogie
First Steps

Dear fitbit crew,

please hear the voice of the crowd and give us this precious heart rate data, which is in fact, very important to us all. 

I can assure you, we are prepared to face the truth and the consequences of such powerful knowledge. Please, let us read the ancient scrolls where our lives are written. We know, you guard them deep in the dark catacombs with sweat and blood from every creature living or dead. Even from their rightful owners. And we are thankful for that.

But the time has come. Hear us!

Jokes aside, we want HR data! 🙂 Please!

Kind regards

TISM
Recovery Runner
Hello? Fitbit moderator? Where are you?? The crowd are getting restless
(with good reason) as summed up by robo_boogies post. We can put a man on
the moon (46 years ago!) so why can't we have our HR data now? Your absence
from this forum is starting to get very conspicuous now!

--
Sent from Gmail Mobile
nikbates
Stepping Up

Ya where the hell is a response from a moderator?? I have seen posts with far less activity on them with replies from admis. I am seriously disapointed with this company and will now not be reccomending them to anybody I know...

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Being able to export heart rate data would be a great addition to our Data Export feature and would definitely be beneficial to our users. Thanks for sharing your idea with us, I'llbe sure to relay it to the appropriate channel for review.

blaine
Recovery Runner

Hi Derrick,

Thanks for the response. It is appreciated, but do you realize it is somewhat insulting?

In no way is this a new idea. No one is talking about a new feature. We are talking about the core value proposition of a product named Charge HR, which collects HR information ordered by time and displays that HR information ordered by time as the central information on the dashbard. It is HR data which separates the  Charge HR from the dashboard display of earlier Fitbit products. 

I really exepct Fitbit staff to step up and admit you have not delivered the core product yet. This is a terrible failure on the part of Fitbit's product manager(s). We need an apology. We need what we paid for: Heart Rate information which we can access.

In no way should this be part of the premium service. That service can only be justified for extra analytics based on our data, not for access to our data.

TISM
Recovery Runner
If the request for HR adata export facility is a revelation to the folks at Fitbit central (as suggested by this weak posting) then there is not much hope. Suggest you show some respect and tell us the truth as to why this function is not already available.
Nita_Dawg
Recovery Runner
TISM - good point!
Carl_J
First Steps
The heart rate graph on the mobile app is of very limited use. To improve it, allow for zooming in so heart rate at specific times can easily be viewed. Would also be helpful if heart rate data could be downloaded to Excel.
breeves
First Steps

This is not a new request as I have seen many others looking for the same data. I purchased the Charge HR because I need detailed information about my heart rate. I'm looking for, as appears many others are as well, a data dump in CVS or XLS format.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.