Make Heart Rate Data export in Excel/CSV format

Please add the heart rate data to the reports that can be downloaded/exported.  The ones for the activity and sleep are perfect but since I have a pacemaker I really need to have one to print out for my cardiologist showing how often I rise above the set pace.

Thank you

Mod edit: Title

903 Comments
katwalk
Jogger

Please make it possible to download heart rate data.

Thank you.

kaligirl2
Runner

@nikbates is this going to be available with the Heart Rate, GPS, and OAuth 2.0 Update and do you know when that will happen?

shales99
Recovery Runner

https://wiki.fitbit.com/display/API/Fitbit+API

This from January of this year should answer some questions about Fitbit's plans for HR data.

Heart Rate, GPS, and OAuth 2.0 Coming Soon

Fitbit recently announced three exciting new products: Charge, Charge HR, and Surge. We're also excited to announce that the Fitbit API will provide access to the all day heart rate and GPS data from these devices. These data types will be accessible exclusively via OAuth 2.0. We'll be sharing more information about these new endpoints and our OAuth 2.0 transition in the coming months.

shales99
Recovery Runner

A thread from the API forum. There is a difference in what will be available through the premium service and what will be available through the API and the partner API. The partner API allows access to minute time slices of activity data.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Web-API/Heart-Rate-GPS-and-OAuth-2-0-Update/td-p/730277

Q. What type of heart rate data will be available via the API?
Heart rate data takes several forms:

• resting heart rate (one value per day)
  • a daily summary that includes a sum of minutes spent and calories burned in each heart rate zone
  • a second-level time series (Partner API feature)
apollo
First Steps

Would also like this feature.

PFR0136
Jogger

Exact the same for me. I had, like many others, heart surgery. I bought the Charge HR because it measures and logs my heart rate with a 5 second interval. It is an awsome device.

The analasys of the collected data by this device can tell me if I'm getting in danger or not.

So, I fail to understand or accept why that data is availlable for.....nobody except Fitbit.

It can not be exported, not even in premium mode. In the dashboard I can see only rough summeries and no details at all.

The export section has as title: 

Your data belongs to you!

I agree, so why do I not get it. What is the point of registrating heart beats every five seconds and then make that data not availlable. 

I can write my own app, no problem, but even trough the API I can not get the data and I will not even get it in the 2.0 version. In that version only "Partner" API holders get access to all the data. (If the are approved by Fitbit.) In the normal API 2.0 it will, again, only provide the summeries.

I have two options, throw away the 150€ I have spent and buy another device or convince Fitbit to change their policy. 

thedorf
First Steps

Attempting to lower my resting heart rate is one of my major goals.  This would be an excellent feature.

chuckhood
First Steps

I have a SURGE and can not get a HR graph for any period of time.

I get the low HR for the day but not a graph for any period of continuous time.

HELP

Pallav
Jogger

I bought the Charge HR thinking that it allows to export all data that it collects and I was prompted into thinking the same by the customer service personnel. I need to use the device for research purpose and collecting HR data becomes very important for me. The device is named Charge HR. It clearly is recording the data. I am surprised that it will not allow me to export the same. Developers, if you want the device to be useful for research purpose, then please provide the feature to export HR data.

texasmeg
Jogger

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

Carl68
First Steps

I am considering buying a Charge HR and one of the main reasons is that I want to be able to monitor my heart rate recovery times after exercise over a period of several months.  In order to do this I would like to export the raw heart rate data in CSV format.  Thanks.

TISM
Recovery Runner
Hello...Derrick....are you still with us? What has happened since you become aware our HR data is something we would like access to, especially those who have paid for the privilege? What is the timetable for this data? Are you going to do the right thing and give Premium customers an extension of their subscriptions to cover the period where this data was not available? Remember for everyone who can be bothered to post there are hundreds thinking the same thing. The customer is always rights and while we all love the FitBit ecosystem there are many competitors now and once we go, we don't come back.
skverma
Premium User
Jogger

Similar to other postings above, I currently have a Fitbit Charge HR. I am searching for a way to export complete historical heart rate data. As I have read in prior posts, it appears that many people have had similar issues. I have seen multiple status updates on the Fitbit forum, but have yet to see any definitive progress.

I have a heart rate abnormality/medical condition, and the only reason that I bought the Charge HR two months ago was to track the heart rate data so that my physicians could better understand my condition and potentially make the right diagnosis/plan treatments.

Not being able to export this data is a major setback to my diagnostic and treatment plan going forward. This is quite upsetting.

Is there a way to export the HR data, even if it is in a beta-test stage? If not, is there a way that we can design an app ourselves? Can we be given access to the stored HR data for this purpose, even if it is in an obscure format?

As Fitbit is currently getting ready to IPO, based on previous comments, it appears they are stalling development of such important features in favor of spending their time generating publicity and profits for their founders. As a new and avid Fitbit user, I am extremely disappointed that they have not addressed these issues, which they have known about for months to years.

Any timely responses from other members and the Fitbit staff would be very much appreciated. As I mentioned, this is an urgent matter and will impact my medical care.

Thank you for your time and assistance.

coronalforce
Jogger

Can you guys please add the ability to export HR data in the data export tool?

FlashP74
Base Runner

This is a feature which so many people have asked for and it doesn't appear to be forthcoming. It is also for calories burned too. In Excel  you could easily match up your activity with a time log and calculate many useful pieces of information. Currently you have to look at the graph for the day and type in the no of calories or average HR for each 5 min block (or less accurately 15 minute block in dashboard). Doing this for every activity wastes an awful lot of time, which would be so fast if the excel data was available to us to download. Personally, I don't care about daily total stats as much as knowing how much I burn on a walk, run or any other activity. The data is there, Fitbit please just let us get the data, life is too short to manually type it up. Please! 

manually calculate cals in excel.jpg

mrmatt
Recovery Runner
Anorher request for the raw heart rate data. The charge HR logs the data, fitbit has the data, they claim its our dats, give me my data! I guess I could make a request for my data under the freedom of information act every couple of weeks but that may get tedious for you chaps to keep generating my report! Lets hope this wont take long to implement 🙂
Rich_Laue
Community Legend
Fitbit says the next API will have this ability to share with third party apps. We should then with an Excel or Google script be able to pull the heart rate data off. IFTTT will be able to make a recipe yo also dump it in your Google Sheet.
Status changed to: New
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing your request for a CVS/XLS data export function for heart rate.

What's important to note is that Fitbit trackers are not medical devices, they are fitness trackers; but I could see this feature definitely helping our users out with attaining their fitness goals.

I will be sure to pass along this request for consideration. Thanks again for sharing.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I agree, it's surprising, and really kind of silly, that a device that is pitched for it's heart rate tracking doesn't allow me to export the data that it keeps. Please create the ability for me to export my heart rate data with as fine a resolution as you collect it.

coronalforce
Jogger

Yeah. They said that a while ago, yet i can't find any updates what so ever on this so called new API? 

It would be great if they could offer some transparency on whats going on behind the scenes? 

Somehow i get the feeling this isn't a technical issue but more so fitbit figuring out if they want to open the HR data to be openly acccessed by other services.. That being said i should still be able to export MY data. Its fine if they think its a bad business move to produce an API. 

SmartHealth
Jogger

Agreed! This one statistic is of great value if you can see it over time.

215Green
First Steps
Please! I bought the charge HR with the intention of sharing my HR info with my physio therapist. Here I was thinking I could just export and email...instead I'm manually imputing data. Such a pain.
MJR01
Keeping Pace

I would like to see the option to export the HR data. I asked the question to fitbit and they mentioned there currently isn't a way to export this data. I purchased the surge to track my HR it would be great if we could collect this data and export it.

shall1950
First Steps

I purchased the surge for the heart rate function and data. I have atrial fibulation and have a Medtronics Reveal LINQ heart monitor implanted in my chest. I don't get to see that data and the office that tracks it never shares the information unless I see my cardiologist. I don't expect the surge to be a medical grade device but I sure would like some "ballpark" idea of how I'm doing day to day. That would make my wife a lot more comfortable with the problem. Please make it exportable or include a screen that would allow display of the changes in rate. 

t2stull
Jogger

The heart rate data is nice but it is locked away in the mobile app.  I would like it added in full detail to the web interface, and ideally the ability to export or grab it using IFTTT.  Right now the data is just stuck on my phone and useless.  Charge HR

Honestly, I get the need for Fitbit to be competitive, but I'm starting to get frustrated with how my data is trapped in your system and I have no right to it outside your website.  Well, unless I pay my premium membership ransom payment regularly.  

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.