Make Heart Rate Data export in Excel/CSV format

Please add the heart rate data to the reports that can be downloaded/exported.  The ones for the activity and sleep are perfect but since I have a pacemaker I really need to have one to print out for my cardiologist showing how often I rise above the set pace.

Thank you

Mod edit: Title

903 Comments
Michael
5K Racer

@t2stull The same HR data that is available in the mobile app is available on the web site, only I think it is easier to look at. (As well as much bigger.) You can see details on how to view it in this post.

You don't have to have a premium membership to export data, that is freely available to everyone. (However, they haven't added the ability to export HR data.)

jjin
First Steps
Need to track how regular is my HR DATA and see arithmia events
t2stull
Jogger

Thank you @Michael I have been looking all through the forums for this exact piece of advice. (I have another post about this and I have read about 20 different posts looking for this answer.

I'm not really impressed with Fitbit's support or FAQ's but they are lucky to have customers that care more about their product experience than they do.  

Thanks for the help.  

vansos
Recovery Runner

Not a new thought here, but, just an additional person to add to the "petition" for FitBit to give us the ability to download ALL our data and not just pieces of it. Heart Rate is missing, but, so is "Pace" from what I can tell. When comparing runs, I like to look at my avg pace vs. heart rate, but, I can only do that for the last three runs in the activity dashboard simultaneously. If I could download all the data that's already in the dashboard itself, I'd be happpy!

shall1950
First Steps
Thanks.
Verbatim
First Steps
Hi Id like to add my voice to the requests to have this data available for export
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Do a search for Google sheet scripts and fitbit.

The script accesses Fitbits API and you can set it up to drop every step you ever took with your fitbit on. It was easy for me to setup, and I new nothing on scripts and Google.

You want to do it even easier, but it would only start today. Get an account on IFTTT.com and set a recipe to drop your daily steps into a Google sheet. This is what I use to keep track of how close my 3 trackers stay in recording my steps, sleep, active, very active minutes, etc.

coronalforce
Jogger

@Rich_Laue

I don't think you're understanding the problem here. The fitbit API simply does not have the functionality to return HR data

jeffku
First Steps

Would find it medically beneficial to export Granular Heart Rate data

lithiumpro
First Steps

I was just gona sugest this also.

I think this would be a very usefull tool, even to give a DR or just for you workout stats..

Please Please let us export data.  

Salmonator
Stepping Up

I purchased the Surge specifically for the heart rate tracking and for the data export functionality that was strongly implied in the marketing at the time of initial release of the product.

As some others have posted, I am trying to monitor heart rate for medical reasons, having suffered atrial fibulation and tachycardia for several years.

I, as others have noted, do not expect the Surge to be relied upon as a medical grade device, but I have found the Surge to track heart rate quite accurately when compared to both an overnight oximeter and to a Holter monitor, so it is potentially very useful for monitoring trends over time while changing medications and introducing exercise programs in an attempt to regain a basic to moderate level of fitness. 

I have already used the dashboard data graphs to share several months (limited to one month at a time) of resting heart rate data with my internist to illustrate the impact of medication changes and other treatments, something that was found to be very useful, albeit via an inefficient process.

I was recently encouraged by a CNet report that heart rate data export was to be included in the latest firmware update, but that did not happen. I remain frustrated that this ability is not available on this premium device, am not willing to pay extra for access to the data and request that this shortcoming be addressed in the most expeditious manner possible.

As requested by others, the data should be available at the same level of detail at which it is captured so that it may be tracked and interpreted in a spreadsheet as desired. “Your data belongs to you”!

Thank you Fitbit for an otherwise excellent product and for addressing this issue expeditiously.

nikbates
Stepping Up

Why is fitbit ignoring this?? 

TonyPinnington
First Steps

Please can we have  the fascilty to export heart rate data.

The charge HR is pretty useless without it

BigJimRules
First Steps

Please add the ability to download heartrate data.  The heartrate feature of the Charge HR is the primary reason I got this device.  The tiny graph on my iphone does not give me enough of a picture of my heartrate throughout the day and week.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend
Fitbit has said that this will be added to the next API. When you say download the HR data are you referring to downloading as you can currently download your steps in the premium. If so I would go to the suggestion board.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
From the suggestion board we were referred to this thread. That's why we're coming here to this thread. We should not have to pay for "premium" to access our data from our device that we purchased at a premium price. Fitbit says our data belongs to us, we should not have to purchase it from them and we should not have to rely only upon the graphs that they decide to make available on their webpage. They could easily have our devices cache the data and allow us to configure for how long the data should be cached, or allow our devices to periodically save the data to text files, CSV files, or any other format they wish to include, this is all fairly basic stuff. It should not be difficult to add, and it should have been done before the product was released. To sell this device on the point of having a heart rate monitor and on our ability to use that heart rate monitor and then not actually allow us to access the data that it retrieves he is disingenuous at best.
shall1950
First Steps

Thanks,

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Jagerloisel
Base Runner

Hi

I like to add my voice to the requests to have this data available for export

I'am Statistician here and it would be a pleasure to do graphs with the exported data.

but on daily base its boring

best regards from Germany

Heinz

coronalforce
Jogger

Any response from fitbit yet?

FlashP74
Base Runner

Well that is an awful lot of people who really want this feature. I forgot to start the "stopwatch" at the beginning of my exercise last night so lost the best way of working out heart rate info and calories burned. The excel download of data would make my failure redundant.

Come on Fitbit, you know you want to do this.

shall1950
First Steps

Thanks,

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

messalinamum
First Steps

Please add HR data export if at all possible - ThanksMan Wink

mjones332
Stepping Up

Great feature request, resting heart rate can vary for many reasons, being able to track this long term will enable users to use this information when making life, diet, and exercise changes.

Along with the tile/app visibilty over longer periods, please also make it exportable with the other raw data.  This way people that like to use the data in spreadsheets to find averages and trends can do so.

kevin__h
Recovery Runner

Another user who bought the HR under the impression I'd be able to download all of my HR data at the resolution it is collected.  Like others in this thread I have cardiac issues that could benefit from being able to analyze my data outside the fitbit app.  Fitbit - please give us an option to export our data.  Many people need this for nontrivial reasons.  Other than that, I'm liking the Charge HR!

Arnis
Jogger

Would also like this feature.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.