Make Heart Rate Data export in Excel/CSV format

Please add the heart rate data to the reports that can be downloaded/exported.  The ones for the activity and sleep are perfect but since I have a pacemaker I really need to have one to print out for my cardiologist showing how often I rise above the set pace.

Thank you

Mod edit: Title

903 Comments
AukeL
Runner
For over some years it is already possible. You need to make some code but we manage to retrieve it each week. HR and intraday steps included. Inform me if you need some help.

A de Leeuw
Deleeuwauke@gmail.com
DrDanGuitr
Jogger
I'd like to stop getting these posts. I got rid of my Fitbit over a year
ago, and I tell everyone to avoid Fitbit.
socal60
First Steps
The ability to download a simple .csv file showing resting heart rate over time (1 year or since start)
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @socal60, thanks for sharing your idea about the possibility of downloading heart rate information as a CSV file. I noticed that a similar suggestions has already been posted, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized.

Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

danaghareeb
First Steps
Hi,
It would be very useful if fitbit can allow us to have a way to export the heart rate data in excel.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @danaghareebthanks for sharing your suggestion about exporting heart rate rate in excel, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is Not currently planned. This helps to keep the forums more organized. 

Thank you for your participation in the Community. 

netsurfer03053
Recovery Runner
yYes it is a mystery why they are fighting this simple request. Pretty sure that I will ggo with another brand. This has been a popular request for at least 5 years now aand there are many new entrants into this field.......some even have blood ppressure built in. I hope that they read these comments and realize that they are making for a lot of unhappy customers
AukeL
Runner
We read. It is possible. Why is it an issue?
WheezyLex
Jogger
I would like the ability to download the minute-by-minute heartrate data that my Fitbit Charge 5 clearly reads (as it is available to see in the app) in CSV or Excel format (I assume CSV is much easier to export to).
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @WheezyLex, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to export your heart rate data in CSV or Excel format with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

keishajl
First Steps
I've seen many people in past years ask for this service. There is a lot of data about how many steps you've taken in a certain time frame that you can download but none of that is needed to take to a physician.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @keishajl, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to export your heart rate data with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

martynd
First Steps
It is not a new suggestion but doesnt seem to warrant a response..... Why cant one download the resting heart rate data along with all other data?
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @martynd, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to download your heart rate data with us. Your feedback is truly appreciated and because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

AshenPhoenix
First Steps
I want to be able to download all of my heart rate data easily with FitBit's download data tool. Many other data points are available for download, and yet not heart rate.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AshenPhoenix, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making Heart Rate data export in Excel/CSV format. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

aelie
First Steps
Heart rate is already tracked by the app on a minute-to-minute basis on the app: the ability to export the entirety of that data would be immensely useful when consulting with a doctor as well as for personal tracking purposes. It doesn't necessarily need to be the fancy line graph as on the app - even just the same data points in a csv would work.
AlenaM
Jogger

amen! i spent 2 hours re-formatting a download when i shouldn't have to. it was a .json file

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @aelie, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about exporting heart rate data. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Ocatkdad
First Steps
Export Heart Rate Data to CVS. So you can see what is happening.
Currently you say heart Rate can be exported. But I just talked to your service and he told me I could not export Heart Rate.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ocatkdad, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to export Heart Rate data to CVS files. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

lindseymw
First Steps
There are several ways to view your heart rate within the app for one day or one night at a time, but there are no options to view all that data together in a way that people could actually use to show their doctor. Sleeping heart rate in particular is left out of literally every Wellness report or data export, so it's not very useful.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @lindseymw, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to gather all heart rate data to show to the doctor. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

WRMessenger
Keeping Pace
I am not technically savvy to describe how this would be done, but this has been discussed and has over 2400 votes. However it appears to be locked from further comment!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @WRMessenger, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to export heart rate information with us. As you know, this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board. For this reason, I’ve moved your post here as this will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote.

While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request over time. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.