Make a new Fitbit device with clip and altimeter

The fitbit ONE was brilliant for people who wanted simplicity. Over the years you've taken away the clip ability, aside from the Inspire. But THE most important feature for me is to count climbing stairs! And that is not on the Inspire. Bring back the ONE, or add some with altimeters to count floors.

Moderator edit: Updated subject and label
11 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @debsm. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you'd like to see a Fitbit device with clip and altimeter available with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

CAli26
First Steps

I agree with debsm - we need a clip version that counts floors. I'm hoping my One hangs on! I don't want a tracker on my wrist because I wear an old school watch from my collection daily, or I'm working in the yard or doing other dirty work where I don't want something on my wrist. BUT I want to count floors, steps, and distance.  The clip on tracker is the best option - the One was a great step up from the Zip (yes, I've used these things a LONG time).

Nedra19455
Jogger

Please please do this. I just submitted the exact same request (although it appears to not have posted). 

SharonOsb
Jogger

It's July, 2023 and I'm still waiting for a proper Fitbit 1 replacement, complete with an altimeter.  Through the years I've managed to collect 4 Fitbit 1's which all still work, so hopefully they'll hang in there until some company makes a fully-featured clip-on tracker.  My wrist is way too small for any of the wearables on the market today.

LourdesM
Jogger

There has to be something more to this. I've used NO step tracker for several years...waiting for fitbit to fix the mistake of discontinuing the ONE. There is a big demand for a clip-on stair tracker.

Thogek
First Steps

Agreed. I refuse to waste money and time on a wrist-worn step-tracker because it's just too easy to confuse something that's trying to count my steps from my wrist. All kinds of other motions can and do confound its step-counts, regardless of how much its sensors and algorithms are improved, and I simply don't trust it to do a remotely accurate job.

That and I just don't want some bulky smartwatchy thing sticking out of my wrist...

The One is basically perfect for what I want. Tracks steps and stairs, and logs 'em to my account. That's basically all I want. And I can clip it to where it'll actually be able to count steps that are steps, which beats the heck out of anything that would try to do so from my wrist.

I wouldn't mind a new-and-improved One, such as something slimmer and/or more water-proof or otherwise resilient. But the basic form-factor and function of the One very neatly fills a need that no wrist-worn tracker-of-everything ever will.

clarkbremer
Jogger

Here we are in September 2023 and you still have not created anything comparable to the Fitbit One. I logged on to buy a new tracker today because my One is dying. There were no options that were even close to the Fitbit one. I need floors and I need a clip and it cannot be large faced, needs to be slim and rectangular like the One. You had a great product in the beginning and it is like you betrayed all of those who supported you. Your product is nothing anyone needs. This is a luxury item that is fun to use, not something we have to have. I will go without before I am forced to buy something that is large, visible, and filled with features I will never use - and still not have what I want. It is sad that you have chosen to not stay true to your original product - which was so good in comparison to all of the others at the time. 

CAli26
First Steps

clarkbremer, you’ve discovered that Fitbit has NO product that counts stairs, and they refuse to make one. I don’t know why an altimeter is so difficult to put into a small, elegant device. They’ve done it before. It can’t be cost-prohibitive - they cram all sorts of unnecessary functions into those idiotic “smart”watches, which is why they’re so big and ugly. Maybe it’s a patent issue and we have to wait for the patent to expire? Unfortunately, I think those of us who want simple efficiency are the niche market. The masses are fine spending a fortune on hulking watches that force them to be constantly connected and spied on. I will be beyond upset when my One dies. 

J4Berg
First Steps
Sometimes we need to go back to the basics. I have owned only one FitBit product for 10 years. Used it everyday and that is very evident by the state its in. That is the FitBit One. I would like a clip tracker that has same features and functionality as the One in a better package. Steps, Floors Climbed, Distance, Sleep, Calories
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @J4Berg, thanks for taking the time to share this product feedback about a new Fitbit device that has the same features and functionality as the Fitbit One with us. I noticed a similar product feedback was already requested on this board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this product feedback by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

AuntieS
Recovery Runner

There have been other posts with over 4000 votes.  When is this going to become a reality?

AuntieS_0-1709910199882.png

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.