Make migration to Google an optional process

Chatting with support, someone told me eventually all users will be "forced" to link their FitBit with google account.
If there is an issue with the account this means you have to change the whole google account (ie password) to accomodate FitBit, which is what happened to my account

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

34 Comments
3rabbits5dogs
First Steps

I’m just not moving , I’ll just get rid ! You’re ruining the whole thing ! 

TurkisCircus
First Steps
I bought a Charge 6 because my 4 died and I realized when it was too late that I had to move all of my info over to a Google Acct or just not use Fitbit anymore. I had to move all of my info over to a gmail account that i dont use and have NEVER checked. This means I'll no longer receive any emails from Fitbit ever again.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

FYI your friends will come back when they switch to a google login

etaylor969
First Steps

Nope... not doing it, finally said Goodbye. Got another product and haven't looked back. Anything Gmail and Google related especially when you have multiple accounts - can't keep itself straight... and by far the most annoying thing is Google constantly asking you to sign in... nope - not anymore. See ya Fitbit and google. Found a new device - It was way worth the move.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @TurkisCircus, thanks for sharing this product feedback about making the migration to Google an optional process with us. It seems this idea was already requested in this board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the product feedback shared here doesn't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have used a Google workspace account for more than a decade.  I have been a Fitbit user for longer than that.  I will NOT migrate my home domain to @Gmail.com - no way, no how.  There are way, way too many places that my email address is linked to.  If Fitbit stops supporting Fitbit accounts in 2025 and won't allow me to use my Workspace account, I'll shop for a Fitbit replacement and Fitbit will lose me as a customer.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have used a Google workspace account for more than a decade.  I have been a Fitbit user for longer than that.  I will NOT migrate my home domain to @Gmail.com - no way, no how.  There are way, way too many places that my email address is linked to.  If Fitbit stops supporting Fitbit accounts in 2025 and won't allow me to use my Workspace account, I'll shop for a Fitbit replacement and Fitbit will lose me as a customer.  

Atomic77
Tempo Runner

Google is life it is how it is. Fitbit is a part of Google now.

Semvn
Base Runner

It should be possible to use Fitbit without a Google account.

It used to be working fine, but Google has removed the export option, and the Takeout is broken (sleep stages are not included).
I've signalled this many times, to no avail.

Also, Google forces the users to have Youtube Music instead of Spotify. This is the same as Microsoft forcing the use of Internet Explorer, which was illegal in the EU.

It's really worrisome. A big company should act responsibly. We're handing over our health data, so we need to be able to trust the company. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.