Make the Wallet app removable on all Fitbit devices

I don’t use the wallet app or fitbit pay and would like to be able to remove it like all the other apps.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

79 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ramirolb, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to remove Wallet app from Fitbit Sense. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

sherylcard
Jogger

I am having a big problem with the Fitbit wallet going off every time I get near my RFID reader at work.  It is very annoying and battery draining.  I can't turn off the RFID reader at work (I'm a librarian).  My suggestion is that it would be a very good option to be able to turn it off.  As of right now, it is not an option.

MickeyK83
Jogger

Same here.

I can't use the wallet because its compatibility is rather limited.

I would like to delete or hide the app, but no, I can't.

It's a bit like early internet explorer, it was there with the windows and it was impossible to remove it....

It would be better to add third party app and allow users to chose

Sense21
Jogger

Had I known I would have to dismiss this notification 6-8 times a day for a feature I can't use, I would have not purchased this tracker. Want to see what time it is? Disable set up wallet notification first. Check my heart rate? Disable notification first. Read a text message? Disable notification. If this isn't fixed in the next few months, I'll give this tracker away and never buy a fitbit product again. 

misiaxcore
Base Runner

This should be an option by default for all trackers that have a wallet. 

jlmnrst
First Steps

I echo everyone else's comments here. The wallet notification is intrusive. If I had known this feature could not be removed, I would never have purchased this product. I would never use a tracker as a payment mechanism and I don't want the tracker asking me to set up a card every 5 minutes. Please get rid of this feature or provide an update that allows it to be removed. I will be warning people not to purchase this tracker. 

ColdHater505
First Steps

This notification is obnoxious and has made the decision for me: Never buying another Fitbit.

I know Fitbit wants to push their "services" but this is more like shoving it down people's throats.

It's a perfect example of yet another company that thinks they know better than their customers.  Scummy if you ask me.

drusilla77
Jogger
I would love to be able to delete or disable some of the preloaded apps. I don't use Starbucks, but the app is on my Sense and I can't get rid of it. I won't use the Wallet App either. Nor Pandora or Deezer, but I am forced to keep these apps on my Sense.
JohnnyRow
Cosmic Hurdler

@drusilla77 I removed Starbucks, Pandora, and Deezer from Sense.  I'm guessing you just don't know how.  Go to Apps on phone app to uninstall.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @drusilla77, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to remove Wallet app from Fitbit Sense. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

@JohnnyRow thank you for sharing those steps.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

FBADD
First Steps

JohnnyRow:  @drusilla77 I removed Starbucks, Pandora, and Deezer from Sense.  I'm guessing you just don't know how.  Go to Apps on phone app to uninstall.

You guessed wrong.  Based on replies from the moderators, you cannot remove Wallet/Pay from the FitBit at this time.  It's most likely one of those revenue-generating apps that FitBit doesn't want to be removable in spite of customers' wishes. 

Like many other products, the initial payment for the device isn't the end of the projected revenue stream...it's the add-ons and service fees that make it truly profitable.

mdb3491
Jogger

I would like to remove the wallet app, but  at a minimum, if I could stop the notifications to set up the app. They seem to always come up, when I just want to check the time. It takes multiple taps/swips to get back to the clock.

FitPedroIE
First Steps

Hi, 

I would also like to delete the wallet app and stop these ‘set up wallet’ notifications. I don’t want to set up the wallet. Is this going to be resolved? 

sherylcard
Jogger
They say no. They don't want to remove it.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
MickeyK83
Jogger
And now your post will be kindly archived
Stellah1
First Steps

My Fitbit sense makes no sense anymore it’s been years people have been mentioned this pay system needs to be removed!!! Or at list optional... What’s up Fitbit? This sucks!!!

🤨 i think more reviews need to talk about this problem before buying it I will post this in a couple of them for the peeps that are thinking of buying a sense.

i wouldn’t if I knew it was going to be an issue

pfffff!! Smh 🤦‍:female_sign: 

Fix it!!

pingreeman
Stepping Up

I hate this feature so much that I am considering another smart watch brand. I carry plastic!

LittleNerd
First Steps

Being able to delete or hide the wallet app would also be nice on the Versa 2 or any device that doesn’t have the option to.

simpleahmazed
First Steps
I work in a library, and each and every time I reach for the phone or scan a book for someone, I get a notification for setting up Fitbit Pay. I have zero intention of setting it up; I just want to be able to uninstall it.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @simpleahmazed, thanks for sharing your idea about the possibility of uninstalling the Wallet app for Fitbit Pay on your watch. I noticed that a similar suggestions has already been posted, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community.

FitPedroIE
First Steps
Re: Make the Wallet app removable on the Fitbit watches

Sent from my phone, please excuse typos
Nehwon
First Steps
Make available the option to remove FitBit Pay from the device. I will never use it and it continually pops open. It is very annoying when I'm using my device for fitness tracking.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Nehwon, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to delete the Wallet app from your Fitbit device with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Eliz8
Jogger

I would also like to have the ability to remove the payment app. Or at least be able to move it to a less prominent spot than the first app I see when I swipe up on my Charge 5.  For some reason the screen keeps moving there just from my normal movements.  

Doyleo
Jogger
I do not want to use the Fitbit Pay on my Charge 5. I would like the option to remove it.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.