Manual entry of Stairclimber (add floors/distance)

The Fitbit doesn't register floors climbed on Steppermills and Stair Masters.

It would be great if we could manualy add floors to our daily totals.

Obviously we are already adding steps / calories / active minutes from doing the exercise... just want to add the floors.

Thanks

Moderator edit: labels.

320 Comments
ThomasJP
Jogger

This should be a pretty easy fix on the website and this isn't a new request.
I do about 50 floors at the gym and not only does it not record any floors but the Charge HR doesn't like sweat or movement (like most people get during fitness activities) so it doesn't record my heart rate. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

@wcarlson I like this idea a lot. An elevation gain isn't always required for stair-related workouts, for instance on a Stair Master or StepMill, and it would be awesome to be able to track floors climbed in instances like these.

I will be sure to relay this request on to our team for further review. Thanks for posting!

mickymae
First Steps

Super frustrated! Please add a way to manually enter staircases climbed as I'm new to this and it's very disheartening when the same stair case doesn't count everytime despite doing the same thing each time! 

Rben
First Steps
When I use the stair machine the Fitbit does not always track it accurately. I should be able to add the stairs I climbed while on the machine.
Breefavre
Recovery Runner
I have recently added a step machine to my gym workout. I understand that the fitbit cannot register those floors, however for my own tracking purposes, I would like to be able to adjust the floors manually through the app or dashboard.

I think having the ability to manually adjust some of these metrics would allow users to have a more complete and accurate log of their day and fitness.
absyntheMinded
First Steps

People have been asking for this feature for years. It should be relatively simple to add it. Why hasn't Fitbit done so? Instead of messing around with the dashboard, making it harder to edit stats, give us something useful.

Thanks.

amandah1968
Jogger

I too would like the opportunity to add stair levels climbed when using a stair stepper at the gym!  

tobygrant
Stepping Up

This should defnaatly be an inclusion in the next update.

Need to be able to track if you're imporving when aiming for a goal using Gym Machines.

I use a stairmaster doing 150 foors a few times a week. Unfortunatly unable to track in my weekly stats.

Same goes for km's done on spinning mode, and treadmill.

tobygrant
Stepping Up

Other run trackers i've had require you to enter the km's from the treadmill once the workout is complete.

Should be the same for each FitBit Exercise mode.

Stairmaster - on completion input Floors Climbed

Treadmill - on completion input KM's travelled

Spinning- on completion input KM's travelled

etc...

campbellpt
Jogger

I completely agree.  If I go by my Fitbit alone, I do not consistently meet the goal fo stairs.  Now that I started using a stair machine, I want the credit!!!!  Please add this feature.

Mikey2
Jogger

Please add ability to edit floor count.  As we know, floors are registered via change in atmospheric pressure. Floors are sometimes added merely by changes in pressure, not by actual user activity. One day in a period of declining pressure, my One logged 75 floors, and I got a medal!  I never climbed one floor that day, and that bogus data remains a part of my record. In other cases, my Fitbit One will skip floors I've climbed.  I understand the limitations, and I'm sure Fitbit does as well.  I would like my data to be accurate.  So please, allow full editing, not merely deleting, floor counts.  You do allow editing of sleep monitor results, and that is very useful, so please do the same for floors without delay.  

Thank You.

amccaul1976
First Steps

This was first posted to the board in Jan of 2014 and responded to.  It has been almost 2 years and still being requested.  I am trying to get the most accurate information into the system to help myself out.  I would really appriceate being able to do a manual entry the same way we would add walking as I can actually add the number of steps or distand in there.  I would recomend this in terms of programming it should be easy as all you have to do is copy the code for walking and change the varibles for floor.  I work in IT so I would think this could be done in an afternoon.  I guess we will all just have to keep bugging you guys until the change is made. 

OldMan46
Recovery Runner

I got up this morning and was doing my normal daily activities which included going upstairs a number of times when at noon I realized I was not wearing my fitbit one. I reviewed what I had done and figure I had went up the 15 stairs in my condo 6 or more times. I thought I would just add 6 floors manually but I find there is no way to do that. I would like to have that feature added. 

Iekika
First Steps

I would like to be able to change the floor count manually. I just got the "Hot air balloon" badge today incorrectly because my Fitbit is counting floors l never climbed. I want to be able to adjust the count when I know I haven't climbed 40 floors in one day.

Moderator edit: Title

gardens44
First Steps

Please include a way to change the floor count manually.  I have recently had shingles on one leg, which caused nerve damage to that leg.  I now walk slowly and with a walker or cane.  My FitBit One does not count the stairs I climb each day because I move up them slowly.  Climbing stairs is a real struggle for me now, and I would like to adjust the FitBit floor count to get credit for my effort.  (Our stairs have 17 steps and no landing, so that is not the problem.)

gardens44
First Steps

I walk slowly now because of nerve damage to one leg.  My FitBit One often misses steps and floors that it counted correctly before my illness.  I can manually correct the steps, but not the floors.  Climbing our 17 steps (no landings) is such a struggle now, I would certainly like a way to manually enter my effort.

pyronik
Base Runner

would be useful for the other devices too, not just the one.

sunnyannie
First Steps

I agree. I find this the most inaccurate part of my FitBit. For example, I know I've been upstairs at least 5 times today, but my FitBit is only showing 2.

bluejeans
First Steps

I have to walk up18 stairs to my home and usually my arms are full.  The fitbit rarely records those steps.  Anyway to add them manually?

gotta_go
Base Runner
I love the idea. I forgot to take my fitbit off on an ATV ride in the mountains. I erroneously got 669 floors that day. My record had been 200 and that killed me. I logged an activity of travel during the hours i was on my atv and that helped...but i cant have the badges removed which makes me upset since I only want ones I legitimately earn. Ability to manually edit floors would be big. Love the idea.
gotta_go
Base Runner
Sorry. Gotta post again. If you walk on a tradmill with a slope you wont get floors.. yet if the treadmill telks you you did 35 floors it wouldbe cool to manually add them.....plus ability to manually remove floors you know are not correct. It would be helpful in both scenarios.
mmstorm
First Steps

I'm in full agreement with everyone! As unfortunate as it is that there was no pre-sale disclosure about the whole lack of ability to track floors/stairs, it seems it would be a simple thing to add an activity along with the others such as crossfit, fishing, calisthentics, Barre, cleaning?? ...with the formula for the incline/intensity so the accurate (average) calories burned would fall into place with the logged steps taken during your activity.

I see a feature for a stairclimber, but I have a hard time believing that in 15 min only 123 calories burned and NO steps are taken which is what it shows.

PLEASE help us! This was a feature I was looking forward to. with my busy scheudle one of the ways I get my exercise is walking stairs on my lunch hour.

jennyco
Jogger
I would like the option to manually record steps taken when I am logging the stepmill. I get credit for the calories burned but zero steps taken. My stepmill display tells me exactly how many steps I've taken. I keep losing challenges to my sister in law because of this! Lol.
Jacq_
Jogger
Please add this manual add feature. I did 96 floors on a stair master Friday and I got zero floors for it. I want to manually enter my stair master sessions, as well as fix errors.
Jacq_
Jogger
I want to manually enter my stair master workouts! There is no 10 foot vertical incline on a stairmaster, so floors are not counted. I am loseing out on hundreds of floors climbed! Also, I agree with fixing errors on floors.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.