Meal Share with Friends/Family through app (rather than all inputting the same ingredients)

I would like to be able to create and share munu items and meals with my wife.  It would be great for one of us to input our meal or menu item and to share it with another so we do not have to double up on work! Perhaps besides just "Friends" to share with you could also create "Family" to share with.  We generally eat the same food and meals under one roof so it would be awesome to able to share the menus and meals we create with another to expedite the food logging process.

Thanks!!!

Moderator edit: Labels

137 Comments
jVig8816
First Steps

I have spent half a day trying to figure out what I am doing wrong because I couldn't see my husbands food log even though I was following the fitbit moderator's instructions. My husband and I just bought two Charge2s and the scale only to find out that one of the best features no longer exists! Please, at the very least update your threads to say this feature is no longer available but ultimately, please bring this feature back for families who take thime to enter their custom meals. So very disappointed.

Lomonde
Recovery Runner

As I have already mentioned this is a 'must have' feature. My wife and I are very pleased with our Fitbits and use the Windows 10 app to log food etc. However, when I build a custom food or meal in the database, my wife, who is set up as a friend with access, cannot use the food(s) I set up, why was this removed at all? It only serves as a downgrade the application, a negative step. Please could the moderator (or someone else with ties to Fitbit) please let the community know what modifications are going to be implemented to rectify this oversight and when we might be able to take advantage of this mod.

ktel09
First Steps

100% agree.  I hate that my husband and I both have to sit down and create entire meals.  It's time consuming enough to do it once, much less twice.  Please add it back!!

Vcbird
First Steps

It would be very helpful to be able to share custom meals and foods especially with members of our household. 

Steph418
Jogger

Fitbit, PLEASE create a "SHARE MEAL" feature! I am the chief cook and calorie figurer in the family and I don't enjoy the double work of reading each ingredient to my husband. I see other users jump over to Myfitnesspal for this feature. I think you should learn from your competitors......

Steph418
Jogger

I AGREE! Bring the Share Food feature back. Competitors offers this feature for free.

deeeeps
Recovery Runner

I agree.  I started looking specifically for how to share foods information with my wife.  (I am more into the nitty gritty than she is, so it will help her a great deal.)

In addition, at the foot of my foods log is something that mentions  'shared foods',  so I am not sure what that means.  

Surely if My Fitness Pal can do it,  Fitbit can too.

Come on Fitbit,  please please please rise to the challenge.

SRH1963
Premium User
First Steps

Boo fitbit for not allowing sharing of food.

My wife and I eat together and it would be much easier if we could share food and saved food.

bulldogsdad
Jogger

This is the whole idea of the community!!! Grow the fitbit community!!

jamie32mi
Jogger

Any updates from Fitbit about bringing this back?

SRH1963
Premium User
First Steps

Hello Fitbit,

Any updates about bringing this back?

Please advise.

Lomonde
Recovery Runner

Hi Fitbit team,

Do you have an update for when this will be available. The post has been alive for some time now without any news from yourselves. The community is waiting or some positive news.

MarkoP
Base Runner

Is it really that difficult or problematic to restore the feature which was widely enjoyed by the community? And which was, by the way, removed without providing any reasonable arguments supporting such removal?

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

I like this idea. 

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

I like that idea. I really think the whole food aspect on the Fitbit can be improved overall.

SweetLife
Base Runner

This apparently was a feature that was available before based on my reading the forums. Please bring this back. My whole family has Fitbit and we eat together everyday, sharing meals through the app or dashboard would be great, especially for the family members that aren't as motivated to log their food. It is, IMHO, the best way to take control of weight loss. Being able to see in color what you put in your mouth and what you expend in energy throughout the day. The difference between the two is weight loss.

robertwa
Jogger

I agree.  This would be a very helpful feature!

bazp
Stepping Up

Definitely required. Seems to be a no brainer. 

Fitsueb
Jogger

Please add the feature of sharing your created food list/favorite foods and foods logged with others.  On a Keto diet, I am counting net carbs and most of my food is  edited as such and saved.  I have others who are doing the same eating program and it would be so helpful to share our logged and created and edited foods.  I don't believe MFP can help with adjusting nutritional data/net carbs on food entries.  Not only that, Fitbit is a much better (and faster) platform for managing macronutrients.  The website layout is easier to look at than MFP.  And since I'm on my "soapbox" another issue with Fitbit I run into is (unless I'm not seeing something on the website), I cannot look at a new food's nutritional data until I log it.  I would like to be able to look at the nd and then to edit the food from there, then log it.  (Again, I look at net carbs and would like to make the adjustment before I actually log it.)  The way it is now, I look up the food on Fitbit, select it to log, look at it and edit, log it and then go back to my log and delete the unedited version. You can see the extra steps involved....  

So I like really like Fitbit better than MFP but needs a some tweaking.  

TIA for your help.

Beltheaten
Jogger

I'm in favor of sharing foods bewteen friends. I've just updated my food log to account for the new macronutrient feature, and I'd like to share that information with my wife so she doesn't have to spend hours updating hers like I have.

@jaynads wrote:

Hey Fitbit,

One of the features my wife and I used regularly was to share food. She would prepare a meal and enter all the ingredients into her Fitbit dashboard. As we were "Fitbit Friends" I could see her food and simply copy the meal. The whole thing took me 2 minutes.

About 1-2 months ago this feature was taken away. Numerous contacts to Customer Service revealed that this was considered an "Upgrade to the User Experience".

I've looked through user groups for updates and solutions and see that people are furious that this feature was removed. In my case it's convenience, but personal trainers use it to show people how to eat well. As a feature I believe it clearly has merit and obvious usefulness.

Could you please seriously consider restoring this function, and in the future think twice before removing features from your site. It degrades your customer satisfaction and loyalty.

Thank you.

greedlover06
First Steps

My husband and I have been using MyFitnessPal and Fitbit since we bought our Fitbit Blazes. In hopes to just use one application, I searched to see if we can share our meals like we do in MyFitnessPal and we cannot!! So frustrating!! This totally should come back!! This helps more than just couples but even coworkers or friends where they are doing this together as a team!! Absolutely crazy to not have this feature at least on the website if not also the mobile app. Please add this feature!!!

Malenka
Recovery Runner

Having the option to share and view the itemized food tracker/log goes to the heart of what FitBit is about: using community to keep us motivated.  I make better food choices when I know others can see what I am eating.  I have paid a CalorieKing subscription for this very reason:  others can review my food log.  Does FitBit have this option available with premium?  Please bring it back.  

Malenka
Recovery Runner

EVERYONE ... I subscribed to Premium to see if it has the feature.  It does not. That is the only reason I bought Premium, so I won't be doing that again.

CCH-VA
First Steps

Yep. Need to share food. Withdrawing that feature makes me suspect your commitment to your customers; not providing some updates / acknowledgement after a year of requests makes this worse.

Because you have changed features and dashboards so frequently in the past year, it becomes onerous to engage your services and seek community guidance.

It is very unlikely my husband and I will ever upgrade our services with fitbit. I don't trust your commitment to providing value; methinks you are disconnected with my priorities or seeking connection to my wallet.

JH0012
Jogger

Very good idea.  My wife and I struggle daily with the fact that we both have to enter in the same meals into our respective accounts.  It would be so nice if one of us could enter a whole dinner list of foods or individual custom meals and send them to the other who would have the option to accept or reject the transferred food items.  

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.