Meditation and Audio should continue playing while phone is locked

Guided meditations and audio should continue playing while your phone is locked.

1. If you lock your phone the audio stops.
  2. While playing the phones light is on making sleeping difficult and draining the phones battery.
  3. This also means that you need to rise from a relaxed state at night after a meditation to switch your phone off - which is counter productive to the goal of getting to sleep.

Link to original discussion:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Fitbit-Premium-Coach/Guided-meditation-and-audio/m-p/4059814

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

56 Comments
translationmx
Jogger

I'm an Android user as well and it doesn't work for me either.

BTW, they just rolled out an update - tracking for blood sugar (which is nice) and a new graphic display for sleep stages. NOTHING about this. 

FITBIT - you have WALKING meditations and the screen can't be locked!!!!! Seriously? What's the value in having my phone screen unlocked while I'm listening to the audio and walking??? Am I missing something?

lincmc
Jogger
Why, if I'm exercising and using the Premium App, do I have to keep my phone unlocked? It is ridiculous that if I turn the screen off, the app stops!
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @lincmcthanks for sharing this suggestion about having your Premium workouts playing while your phone is locked with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Addie77
First Steps

Glad I found this thread as I thought I was missing something...  I love walking meditations when out with my dog and also wanted to try some of the guided exercise (i.e. beginner jogging) but every time I try to sneak my unlocked phone into a pocket it only works for a few minutes at best until something brushes the screen making the app skip, pause or shut down.

As other users have commented; this is not only frustrating, it makes absolutely no sense. 

Come on fitbit - you've made some great improvements over last few years so surely it's time to get this sorted now?!  

Craaaj
First Steps

Why is this still not done? Every other meditation/mindfulness app I've used can do it and that is why I continue to use them and not Fitbit. I'm cancelling my Premium subscription after 18 months also, given it way longer than I should have for the waiting for for service to improve.

translationmx
Jogger

A little update on my side: I'm not having this issue anymore. I have a Samsung phone.

It's utterly ridiculous that it took Fitbit years to realize that it wasn't that good of an idea to have the phone screen on ALL NIGHT LONG or during a walking meditation.

I'd love to see a black mode version of the app. I don't like how it feels the white background when I finish my meditation and go to log how I'm feeling - let's see if this happens in two or three years, which seems to be their turnaround for these simple things 😕 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.