Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Guided meditation audio stops when phone locks

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have recently been using Fitbit premiums for things like meditation and audio for mediation and the music. Unfortunately you have to have the app open to listen to this and you can’t exit otherwise it stops. This means the light shines in my phone and i cannot do it in the dark, I also can’t multitask apps on my phone without the audio stopping. 

is this going to be looked into or is it a fault with my app? 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

@Jstephaniej It's great to see you on the Community. I'll be happy to clarify your inquiry. 

Your feedback about Guided meditation programs is appreciated. At the moment, I don't have updates about any changes on these programs however, we have our Feature Suggestion board, where you can post and support ideas. These suggestions will be reviewed by our team and the status will change based in Fitbit's plans. 

Hope I can continue seeing you around. Let me know if you have any additional question. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did this become a feature suggestion - I cant find one?

You can't go to sleep during or after the meditations (as some suggest...) without first switching your phone off.

This is really counter productive.

Best Answer

nothing ever came of this! And my post was reported lol. 

still think it’s a handy tool 

Best Answer
Best Answer

Josephine I am answering your original inquiry since no one else really has.  I have a Fitbit Versa Lite, which is the little sister to you.  I use the meditation app at night and I am able to close the cover to my phone so no light bothers me. But lessening the light on your phone to nearly darks helps too.  As far as multitasking, no you cannot, because if it is a meditating app you are meant to be meditating ie. doing nothing else but listening to the guided meditation. No meditation app will allow multitasking. 😉. Just sayin, with all respect 😊. namaste! 

Best Answer

I totally appreciate about meditating and you can close your case cover - I can’t and locking the phone ends the session. Minor blip that could be easily resolved. Also the music is amazing and would I be great to do certain tasks with e.g at work and so I think for 7.99 should be a given. 

Best Answer

😉 totally understand Jstephanie.  That is really unfortunate. I find that very frustrating too, there are other meditation and relax apps that I use and they are the same.  They shut down as soon as the cover is shut and I agree that is frustrating.  Guess I am lucky that my Samsung works with the Fitbit media stuff 😉 and the cover doesn’t shut it down.  Sorry that you aren’t having a good experience.  How about turning the brightness of your screen down?  Does that help you at all? 
There is a very famous meditation app (you would know it) ... has beautiful music, sleep stories and meditations but I will never ‘pay’ for it because not only does it shut down when a cover is closed but it never shuts off either ...even if you put a sleep timer on. So frustrating!

Best Answer

How this hasn’t been implemented is MIND BOGGLING

Best Answer

Yes I was looking if others had this issue i used it for the first time ever yesterday and thought it was a joke they wanna charge €9 a month for a premium and couldn't even lock the phone to listen to it! I was listening to a sleepcast it was great but I fell asleep and my phone stayed on so mu battery died in the middle of the night and my alarm didn't go off in the morning! All because of a little feature like this. 

Best Answer

I agree with everyone regarding running Mindfulness at night but have Fitbit thought about the walking Mindfulness sessions too? I cannot leave my phone tucked away with earphones on as thre screen cancels the session or worse. I can't think why they would not want to change this, my music apps work fine in screen lock and so does the "Couch to 5k" app. How many votes are needed to persuade this modification please. 

Thank you. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Firbit,  when are you guys going to sort this out? Surely, it can't be that difficult! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Quick fix until Fitbit app has optional close after mindfulness sessions.  I’ve participated in Premium for a couple weeks now.

Record sessions with another device/app.  Unfortunately Fitbit won’t log heart rate or sessions, but you’ll get all the relaxation benefits.

Best Answer
0 Votes