Microphone integration & Voice Commands (Alexa, Siri etc)

Use case scenarios. Microphone will enable voice activation of commands for notifying user of sensor information via speech response. Microphone will enable voice recording for later upload to Fitbit app and this your Fitbit account for recording things like additions to food and or water consumption. Weight recording as well for those who don't have the aria scale.  This may require Siri like AI do know what the user is actually trying to indicate.  Thank you. Other use case scenarios welcomed. Please vote for suggestion. 

Moderator edit: label & title

60 Comments
allco2jr
First Steps

Yes, Bluetooth mic and headphones would be an excellent way to go. Good idea @Koof 

CRSTOP
Recovery Runner

I was going to mention you wouldn't even need a microphone on the fit bit device itself. Many wireless Bluetooth headphones have mics for voice calling and some even have Google/Alexa built in buttons. having said, it's all the more reason for Fitbit to have it integrated in some form or another such as a Fitbit app. Even on a basic level for speech-to-text replies, questions, local information, and news updates.

derekmski101
Base Runner

I want to see a microphone added to the next Versa for at minimum replying to messages. The Galaxy Watch Active has this and I may be switching to that because of that. The Galaxy watch also has a voice assistant built in to help with tasks. Would be nice to see the Fitbit smartwatches add the microphone otherwise it'll always be behind.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @derekmski101! That’s an interesting idea and could be useful to have a microphone on Fitbit devices, thanks for sharing it.  I've moved it into a similar suggestion, as the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

PaulPski
Jogger

I would love to have Alexa as my voice assistant integrated into my Ionic!!!  I use Alexa on my iPhone XR because quite frankly - Siri sucks in comparison.  Using Alexa with my Ionic just seems more natural than digging my phone out of my pocket.

brlewis
Premium User
Jogger
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Sweet! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Can you say, "Alexa, I just ate 2 scrambled eggs" and it will add it to
your *What have you eaten today* tracking info?
Shlahbam
First Steps
Will I be able to respond to a text with my voice and touch keyboard?

⁣Get TypeApp for Android ​
Status changed to: Released
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this suggestion will be released on the new Versa 2

Enabled by Fitbit’s first on-device microphone, Versa 2 is the first Fitbit smartwatch with Alexa Built-in, taking Alexa out of your home and onto your wrist to help support your active lifestyle, like starting a Fitbit Exercise on-wrist, finding the nearest gym, even learning the caloric value of an avocado. Alexa responds to voice commands on Versa 2 with discreet, silent on-screen text responses. With just a press of a button, speak into the microphone to use Alexa skills on Versa 2 for added convenience wherever you are. Alexa can also help with everyday tasks on-the-go, like setting alarms and timers, checking the local weather and news, controlling your smart home devices, and much more through the sound of your voice. If you have an Android phone, you can also use the new on-device microphone to reply to texts and notifications from the wrist.

@Truefreedom, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing your idea, and thanks to all the voters and commenters for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.