Mileage Alert

Would like the surge to vibrate alert (when in gps mode) for every mile, 1/2 mile or whatever. Not just have the voice cue option. A simple vibrate at whatever distance I choose to be alerted would be great.

Moderator edit: Added labels 

12 Comments
mdleith
Jogger

I haven't even been able to get the voice cue to work for me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but all i do is start the surge in "Freestlye run" wait for the gps signal  press start and take off. Now mind you I have my phone with me and bluetooth turned on and synced but stilll not getting any cues at all. Any suggestions?

akosnitzky
Strider
I thought the cues only worked through the phone app and not the device.
mdleith
Jogger

I posted this comment/thought on another thread moments ago. I just wanted to place it here as well so that it may get more visibility.

"Seeing as how the Surge or any other Fitbit device syncs in realtime via bluetooth I don't see why when you press the button to begin your run/walk that it wouldn't be able to start the voice cues (in app) at the exact same time. No hardware is needed, just some code in the next firmware update. Should be able to give it precedent so that the cues will override any music playing the same way as gps cues while driving."

Elcid10
Jogger
Agreed jtsparks- all the other GPS trackers out there vibrate every mile, and it would be really nice to have this as a feature as all of the tech is there. It wouldn't even have to do anything with your phone- voice cues and what not- but just signal via vibrations when you cross every mile. It's rather annoying training in cold weather having to roll up layers to see how far I've gone.
sub4
First Steps

Voice cues are NOT working on Surge during run, despite setting it up I THINK correctly...

Deweydwight
First Steps
Don't know where to find voice cues. Would like to have vibrate on mile marks and also would like to be able to in large the miles while in GPS for running and biking for people like me who are visually impaired.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Great idea! People can get an alert when they've reached a certain mile and this can motivate them to continue walking. 

Thank you for visiting the Feature Request. 

WelchCM
Jogger

I agree with others on the need for an alert similar to what can be set for running. Due to knee injuries, I can't run. Notification on hitting time and/or distance should be an option on this "Activity" Fitbit. 

jarredondo
Stepping Up

This is exactly what I am looking for.  I don't understand why the surge can be set up to notify milelage only on a run.  This should be an option for all GPS activites, run, walk or bike.

MSGWoods
First Steps

So, I see this was voted on 33 times to get the Surge to vibrate a mileage alert. I even see where a moderator agreed that it would be a good idea. How long will it take to make a simple feature change like this? Shouldn't this be something relatively quick for a firmware upgrade? The surge already 'vibrates' alerts when I get text messages, phone calls and alarms. Just curious if fitbit was ever going to do anything about it.

cctiwari
First Steps

if I am using fitbit during marathon or running. I would like to have following alerts (when I started 'run' feature)

1) i want to get alerted whenever I am completing a kilo-meter.

2) Another suggestion is to vibrate with full intensity if I achieved that kilometer within my 'timing target' e.g. under 5 minutes.

3) option to set target running distance e.g. 5 km so that when I complete it, I get an alert.

Regards,

~Charu

Moderator Edit : Labels

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs located at the top right box of the Feature Suggestions Board screen. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.