More Adventures races/solo (in USA and Internationally)

Can you add more adventures to list of available choices? Right now there's stuff in New York and California but nothing that represents the middle of the country. I'd like to see Grandma's Marathon from Duluth, MN added to the list of available adventures and maybe some other well known places like Mount Rushmore or the Washington Mall in D.C. or Glacier National Park. Just please add more places. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

538 Comments
Alliandre
First Steps

I finished the Pohono Trail adventure today, and even if it just unleashes my wanderlust, i'd love to see you add a Yellowstone adventure to the app. And maybe Paris too, and some historical European paths too (Santiago?). But i'd really LOVE to see Yellowstone. I've been there last July and know that it would be great 🙄

Robert58
Jogger
If you can all vote on my feature suggestion to enable the upload of new
adventures at
https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Non-USA-challanges/m-p/2219743#M59969
maybe fitbit will implement it and then we can create adventures to share.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I also would like to see more adventures.  As someone who is not a runner, I would prefer to see more trekking adventures.  I suggest Torres de Paine National Park in Chile that would offer a good selection of shorter hikes, as well as longer ones.

If you should decide to do another race, could you give those of us who don’t race more scenery/history of the place both in the “treasures” as well as the landmarks?  I really felt this was lacking in the New York Marathon adventure and it decreased my interest.  

I also have another suggestion.  Regarding the treasures — For those of us who are finding all the treasures, I notice that there is only one badge.  Would you consider changing this?  For instance, when one gets all the treasures from 5, or (hopefully) 10 different adventures, perhaps there could be different badges?  For instance, the first is called treasure hunter.  Maybe once one gets enough, others could be called treasure hoarder or dragon’s hoard or pirates chest. I’m sure others would have suggestions on this as well. . .

lonstone
First Steps

I found the solo adventures a fun way to step up my activity. Please create more of these. I like the idea of completing them an d unlocking new ones. Very motivational. Looking for US and other countries. Maybe a mountain climbing challenge using the stairs/floors counter would be another cool challenge. Keep it up. Thank you,

BuzzFisher
First Steps

I start my first Adventure tomorrow.  I am hoping that it will help me work through a plethora of health issues and provide me added motivation.  I read through this thread and am disappointed to see the suggestions for additional Adventures goes back over a year without much movement.  I hoping that I am coming in at just the right time and new ones will be introduced very soon!

Clioaustralis
Jogger

It would really help the community feel involved & enabled to support each other (not to mention also feel valued by Fitbit) to allow people to submit adventures & pictures. It seems like a cheap & easy way to grow goodwill.

Exmilfitness
First Steps

Hi

I got a Fit Bit Blaze from Santa this year I have already lost 3 KG (7 Lbs (ish)), completed the New York Marathon and Know Yosemite like the back of my hand and I live in Northamptonshire  in England!!

I served for 25 Years in the British Army and have many friends all over the world.  The races and walks on here are a really great way of bringing us together for a virtual race.  We are in constant competition and as you can probably imagine that is driving a real sense of achievement.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give us more.  I really want to keep the momentum up and I don't want to lose the enthusiasm of the team we are building. 

Thank you.

Paul

HTA
First Steps

Hi,

please add more adventures please I am bored of these now! I have had Fitbit for a year now and there hasn’t been any updates! 

Thanks

Walkingin2017
Jogger

I like the idea of National Parks Hikes. Big Bend, Grand Tetons, Zion, Rocky Mountain, Sequoia.... just a few.  

weasellyone
Base Runner

I'd love some long point to point adventures. PCT, Appalachian Trail, Pennine Way (UK), South West Coast Path (UK). Some really long ones where achieving it takes several weeks even if you're racking up many steps and miles. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Add to that the Arizona trail or some shorter state or state to state
trails (US) or some of the longer international trails (British Isles have
a lot or some of the old pilgrimage trails in Italy/France/Spain or Iceland
has a few as well. I already mentioned South America).
JazzedAboutFitn
First Steps

I have seen a couple other people offer up some great ideas on solo adventures and they aren't making much progress. So I am just posting this hoping to embody the whole movement. I would really like for the app to have more adventure options. I would really love to see a variety of national parks on there. In particular, Glacier and Zion would be amazing but I would apprecaite even more options. I would also really love to see historical trails on here. Following the oregon trail or hiking donner summit would be great. Im more of a west coast person so while i lack specific examples,  but any of the east coast historical trails would interest me very much and broaden my understanding for American history. I think there is a lot of people that also would appreciate a "touristy" solo challenge. I myself would love the opportunity to do a virtual ghost town tour. We have so many ghost towns out west. I think that idea has merit. Possibly could do a Winchester mansion tour that involves a stair specific challenge. That might be really fun. Another idea would be the museum side of things. Maybe take a virtual tour of the smithsonian or something. Disneyland and Disney World were mentioned previously by another user and that seemed like a great idea too. Honestly, personal challenges help keep me motivated and I think having a variety of options will imporve the fitness experience overall. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Misty919
First Steps

Please please please add some new adventures. I have tired from the NYC and Yosemite ones.

Mount Washington

Amazon Adventure

Great Wall of China

Outback Adventure

London, Paris, Maine coastline etc.

So many endless amazing options and I think they would spark people to get motivated again.

Thank you!

Misty

jerrobertson
Stepping Up

In addition, I don't think it would be too hard to allow the user to upload a custom adventure... you need a distance, milestones, and pictures/URLs for those milestones.

Bookit4you
First Steps

Please add more Adventure Challenges. I would love to see the Tour De France and the Boston Marathon to name a few;)! Thanks!

jofugatt
Jogger

I'd love to see some challenges that aren't just step-based! Perhaps calorie burning challenges or minutes per day of being active or working out?

Jim1024
Recovery Runner

Please add adventures for solo other than NYC and Yosemite. My specific suggestion would be 26.2 miles in such cities held summer Olympic games and major marathon races as Barcelona, Atlanta, Chicago, Berlin, Athens, Munig, Sydney, Rio, Mexico City, London, Paris, Montreal, Beijing, Soul, and Tokyo. Thanks.

lonstone
First Steps

I love that the Fitbit community wants more adventures to keep motivated like myself. It would be great if the Fitbit support or development teams would chime in so we know they are listening and even considering our recommendations.

Thank you,  

TarynH
Jogger

Hi,

I agree.  There are a lot of beautiful trails and marathons across Canada that could be used for challenges.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Adventures may be fun the first time they are encountered. They are much less so on repeat visits. Either make adventures a renewable experience, a hidable feature, selectively display new adventure while hiding completed adventures, or remove adventures as a failed experiment.

Nightshayde1
First Steps

Yes please! More adventures across the globe in regions other than the US. 

Drlog147
Jogger

We keep hearing where people would like new adventures but what is the official response from Fitbit are we getting more adventures as its been a number of years now and would have thought we'd get new ones every month 

lopezfma
Recovery Runner
Yes It has been a while.

I think FITBIT really don't care.

Every once in a while someone from ABOVE will let us know that is a great idea.

And then nothing, looks like we leaving all the ideas for nobody to read.
FionaMcC
First Steps

Would love some adventures in New Zealand. There are a lot of walks outlined on this website: http://www.doc.govt.nz/parks-and-recreation/things-to-do/walking-and-tramping/ 

Also, having adventures in Sydney would be excellent! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.