Music Storage on Charge 3

You should be able to store music on the Charge 3 and connect Bluetooth headphones. This would improve the device significantly. 

67 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MusicOnDevice, thanks for sharing this request. We expect to have a lot of votes from other users. Once any update be available, it will be communicated as soon as possible.

Normiethedormie
Recovery Runner

Would we be able to store music on our device like the versa and pair headphones with it

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Normiethedormie, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Please allow Versa 3 to storage personal Music, just like Ionic, Versa, Versa 2
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see "Music Storage" on Charge 3. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

MistalMan
Jogger

I received my Versa 3 a couple of days ago and received a "See what your Versa 3" can do welcome email today.

Following the link in the email to "How do I listen to Music and Podcasts" I'm dismayed to find a footnote that storing own music (ie non Spotify) is not an available feature on the Versa 3, but has been on previous Versa models. 

How is that a progress in technology?  Surely those of us with loads of iTunes music want to be able to copy music tracks across to our watch so that we have it when we run.  Instead we are forced to take our phone with us.  Come on Fitbit, this isn't progress !

PWright57
Jogger

Removing the facility to allow users to store their own music on the Versa 3 is a retrograde step and one I can't figure out why it was implemented by Fitbit. I'm on my 3rd Fitbit device and have been very happy with pretty much every experience, but this is a really odd decision and hardly counts as progress.  I don't want to cart my phone round when I'm on a walk or at the gym and when GPS arrived on the 3 thought I'd have the device to suit. Alas not. 

DRØNE
Jogger

Need to store music on versa 3.. might return

P3H
Jogger

Pretty disappointing. Might returning and going to Versa 2 if no update soon...

JM2001
Jogger

I went to Versa3 from Ionic thinking it was an upgrade. I was very disappointed when I could not store my own music on the new device. Do I really need to go back to my old Ionic?  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Versa 2 allowed the storage of personal music, so I just took it for granted that Versa 3 would as well.  I'm very disappointed that it doesn't.

The thing I *disliked* about my Versa 2 was that I was obligated to take my cell phone on runs so that I could track them with GPS.  When I saw that Versa 3 would have GPS included, I figured I would finally be able to leave my cell phone at home during runs...  but Versa 3 lack of personal music storage means that I do have to continue to carry my cell phone if I want to hear music.  So upgrading to the Versa 3 was kind of pointless.

I have no interest in subscribing to a streaming service like Spotify or Deezer.  I literally have thousands of .mp3 files.  I'd simply like to transfer some of those to my Versa.

Bijisan
First Steps
Adding my voice to the others. Was planning to buy versa 3, as liked the addition of GPS, but hearing that I can't store my own music (or use Google music services) means I'll stick with the charge 2.
Ashctate
Jogger

Yes! I just ordered my versa 3 thinking it’d be an upgrade from my current versa. I just traded listening to music for gps?! Come on guys!! Now I have to return it. My other versa worked fine. I was excited to run without my phone. 

Galatians4v7
First Steps

Same as everyone above. I don't know if Fitibit realizes the number of reviews on YouTube telling people to pass on the two new watches because of the lack of music storage, and longtime wearable fans saying they are "done with Fitbit." I wanted to get on the Fitbit train, but this has me leaning back to Apple. C'mon, Fitbit!  

Munnesa
Jogger

I agree with everyone on here, I am so disappointed about the music storage situation. Not everyone has the money or interest in the premium membership. It is a huge letdown. I am returning mine tomorrow.

joeyxl
Jogger

bring back storing music on the versa 3! adding GPS but removing music storage was a bad move. makes no sense and fail to see the logic of the person who made the decision (unless of course that decision was to help make streaming services make more money and screw the customer over)

Alcapachino
First Steps

Please add Spotify offline sync 

and headphones. 

must have 

Bdlagain
Recovery Runner

Please allow personal music storage on versa 3. I do not have premium subscriptions to Deezer, Spotify, or Pandora! This isn't fair that I should have to!

leka
Jogger

Just got my Versa 3. And realized I HAVE to have an account with a streaming service to listen to music. Unacceptable. If there is no update or app for that in my return window will definitely go back to my versa and return versa 3.

Gmazorra
First Steps

My Charge 2 recently started acting up. Thanks to extended warranty, I was able to send it back. Was very happy with it otherwise. Decided to upgrade to Versa 3...almost. Internal GPS is great, but why get rid of the music function from the Versa 2? So they force users to have paid subscriptions to fringe music services. Now, I have Spotify, and I can download songs from Spotify to my phone for offline playback. If Versa 3 supports Spotify control, and supports downloads from *Deezer*, why not support Spotify download? That being said, would still love to download my own music. Should just be me, earbuds and Fitbit. Is this something that might be fixed with an update? Hope so, before too many users jump ship...

Gmazorra
First Steps

Thanks for the recommendation. Fitbit was new to me before I had one, and I've seen plenty of happy Garmin wearers. Maybe it's time to part ways. Fitbit, if you can hear me, tune is running out...

inmddc
Jogger

Ditto to all comments above. I loved my Ionic but it has died. Just purchased the Versa 3 because it seemed the closest to the Ionic features and based on the information was to believe offline music was a feature. This is one of my most critical features as I do not want to run with a phone.

I sorta sucked it up when saw you could play offline music from a music service and assumed it included all three services promoted for the device. It wasn't until I opened my desktop app that it clearly noted that Spotify was only able to connect to your phone, WHAT? What's the point of that, I can just connect my headphones to my phone.

I have a big group of friends that have been loyal Fitbit users, rather than iWatch. This actually make us change our minds. Come on Fitibit Google. I figured the Google deal would be bad for Fitbit.

Ellwood929
First Steps

Also really disappointed that I can not listen to my own offline music library.  How is this a progression from Versa and Versa 2.  And then forcing to buy into subscription streaming services.  Really unhappy 😓.  This was my 3rd Fitbit watch. I guess it will be my last.   

camtheman1807
First Steps

In what universe is this an upgrade? I was so excited to leave my bulky phone at home for runs and come to find out I have to take it with me anyways to play music?? Absolutely insane decision by Fitbit, will probably return for a Garmin if they don't come to their senses

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

When is it gonna happen?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.