Music controls on Sense 2/Versa 4

Restore the ability of users to control audio playback from their smartphone through music controls on the Sense 2/Versa 4. This is a basic feature on previous models that has been removed.
139 Comments
Liltommy4u
Jogger

I too am a jogger and the missing music features on the versa 4 is a huge disappointment.   I am thinking about returning and getting an apple watch 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I'm a new user to the whole Fitbit environment. I too think music storage should be present in the latest models. I wanted to get into exercising without having to open my phone all the time. The Fitbit Sense 2 is a great device the first time I tried it out, but it does have its missing features, with music storage being the biggest one out. Adding a music storage feature will greatly benefit the watch.

Again, a great device, but I'd like to have a music control/storage system within the device and it will be even better!

Little_blonde
Jogger

We upgraded from the Versa 2 to the Sense 2.  It was a HUGE disappointment that the music  storage  is gone.  We upgraded so we had GPS without carrying ours phones, only to find out we still need them for music. One of many disappointments with our new watches.Can't even return them because Sportchek won't

take them back after they have been opened 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ali_baba7, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding music controls function to Sense 2 and Versa 4 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Panda29
Stepping Up

I just upgraded my watch from charge 4 to versa 4. Disappointed that I can no longer use Spotify on the new watch. I think I will return the versa 4 and get the 3 instead. 

NicolasFit
First Steps

Just like Panda29 I upgraded from Charge 3 to versa 4 to find that I have a bigger screen and no better features. Everything exiting about versa 4 it's not available (maps, spotify, calls on watch). I chated with custumer service and they told me to write my enquiries here... not really exiting.  I think I'm gonna return the watch and get a better or older one. It will seem the product was released as a prototype not a finished product (yes I'm talking to you product manager).

Disapointed,

Nick

Fransbc
Jogger

It is absolutely ridiculous that they removed anything music related. I whole heartedly agree that they should bring this back and it is quite shocking that they think in this day and age it wouldn't be a wanted feature. Please don't play dumb, because virtually every smartwatch and/or fitness tracker has it. 

It is like removing a radio and all music features in a new car without being able to add it in, which is just weird.

Adcdancer
First Steps

I am so disappointed in the sense 2 without the music features spotify etc. I will be returning my watch for this reason

ali_baba7
Base Runner

I know replying to your own post is tacky, but I want to be perfectly clear that I will not be buying the Sense 2 or Versa 4 - or any other Fitbit product in the future. The removal of a very basic feature like the music controls - one of  several other features that were removed - highlights the company's lack of respect for its user base. I've been a customer for almost eight years. To see a new flagship model that has fewer features than its predecessor and to be gaslit by the company that it's so much better than the previous version - nah. I'm not sticking around for that. I was looking forward to upgrading from my Versa 2 to a Sense 2 too, but I'm not about to pay more for a downgrade. 

voluncheer
Jogger

I agree. I just bought a Versa 4 after my Versa 2 stopped working. Not having music controls is a total dealbreaker for me - I'm returning the watch today. I've been a Fitbit user since 2015 and I'm so sad that they no longer support a feature that I absolutely need on my watch. (I don't even need music storage on the watch or access to an app like Spotify, I only need to be able to control the music playing from my phone!) This is such a basic feature and I'm shocked and disappointed that it's been removed. 

FromSun
Jogger

Shocking it's not available and there is no clarity when it will come. Advertising the Sense 2 as a smartwatch feels like a scam. 

euskalzabe
First Steps

Aaah... I was just considering upgrading my Versa 2 to a Sense 2, but reading this - I saw it on youtube reviews and couldn't believe it was true - there is no way I can buy the new Fitbit devices. Music control is an absolute must - I don't care about other smart features, or even music storage, but control is non negotiable. I would go to an Apple Watch SE 2 which is now cheaper than ever and comparatively a better deal than the Versa 4, but I do not want to go back to charging my watch every day...

So I guess I'll remain on my Versa 2, and if it dies, I'll just buy a Sense 1 from eBay, hopefully I can find new ones... that'll buy me another 2 years of not having to need a replacement. Not cool, Fitbit. It feels like you're blatantly nerfing your new devices so the Pixel Watch can be artificially lifted up later this week. Boo. (By the way, I've been a Fitbit user since the Charge 1 existed, and I've been with Fitbit owner with the Charge 1, 2, 3, 4 and Versa 2, with a quick stint with the Apple Watch 3 which I ended up returning because of the daily charging annoyance).

bebehamster
First Steps

Another disappointing lack of feature, that is making me reconsider the purchase... I had seen a number of reviews, like many others, before pre-ordering the Sense 2 and one of the winning points was being able to control Spotify from my watch. 

Triciamck
Jogger

I’ve used this feature for as long as I can remember on blaze then Versa s ! My 2nd Versa decided to give up the ghost while on holiday (well back button no longer responds) so decided I’d treat myself to Versa 4 !  Doesn’t state ANYWHERE that this feature has been removed ! It’s valuable to me as I’m a fitness instructor and can start/stop from watch! As I’d taken it out of box Argos won’t refund me!! A complete waste of £199 😡😡

Rex_LYK
Jogger

We need this basic music control function for sense 2 and versa 4 as it is much more conveniece than to take the phone out from the pocket. We would appreciate if you could highly consider this request.

CAMN
First Steps

I won't buy and can't recommend the Versa 4 or Sense 2 because of this downgrade in basic capability. Google needs to understand that the Pixel watch is not a suitable replacement especially given its remarkably poor battery life. Neutering the Fitbit line while simultaneously not getting it right with the Pixel watch is going to turn many away from the Fitbit/Google ecosystem.

Minkah
Tempo Runner

Absolutely ridiculous they removed music features!!!!! As a runner I rely on my smart watch for music. Furious they eliminated music storage, many ppl do NOT carry a phone running.  Without music whats the point of a stupid fitbit? I'll have to carry my phone which already has GPS and the other features, so fitbit is redundant and unnecessary.  These are NOT smart watches by any stretch.  As soon as my Versa 2 dies it's GOODBYE fitbit if there's no music... maybe Samsung or Garmin are smarter and will treat consumers better. Way to go Google you found a way to make fitbit even worse than it was already headed.

JVersa2
First Steps

Yes, please 

Pocketses
Stepping Up

I was looking forward to go running without my phone just to find the no option for music. It seems such a small feature to add to make the product so much better. Very disappointed.

Semirad
First Steps

Replaced my Versa 2 with a Versa 4 and was shocked by the lack of music control on the new watch. This is one of the critical features I expected and I will not recommend this watch to anyone.

nyctalus
Recovery Runner

It's really a shame that the Sense 2 and Versa 4 don't have media controls... I mean, we're not talking about integration with third-party apps here (like Spotify or whatever), just the ability to control whatever music is playing on the phone from the watch. Such a weird omission to not have this basic feature 😕

Just look at other products on the market, even basic fitness trackers like the Miband 7 (which costs around 60 euros) have media controls.

Patrick421
Base Runner

Seriously, a $300 smartwatch does not have the ability to control the songs played on the connected smartphone????

All the Xiaomi bands do this, most $40 watches do this.

Who is to blame for omitting this so essential feature in 2022?  Wake up guys, competition will not wait for you.

ali_baba7
Base Runner

As the original poster, I thought I should mention that I purchased a Garmin Venu 2S. Fitbit has lost my business because of their short-sighted decision to remove features that many of its customers use on a daily basis. I refused to be pushed to purchase a sub-par product like the current iteration of the Pixel Watch just to stay in their ecosystem. 

BitBitter
First Steps

If you are not going to support such basic features why bother keeping the product alive? Save time and frustration for you and the customer. Google. you lost me as a customer for anything you produce. 

denmike2
Recovery Runner

Could fitbit please answer this simple question: What is the reason behind REMOVING such a basic feature?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.