Music controls on Sense 2/Versa 4

Restore the ability of users to control audio playback from their smartphone through music controls on the Sense 2/Versa 4. This is a basic feature on previous models that has been removed.
140 Comments
M.Kooper
Stepping Up

I’m really disappointed when I realized that my newly purchased Sense 2 can’t control the phone music from my wrist.

Why did Fitbit remove such useful feature???

I always control the volume and skip songs with my few years old Versa.
Now, I can’t do that while working out and it’s been really inconvenient.

Please add this feature back as soon as Fitbit could. Thank you. 

Joeshmoe007
First Steps

I finally decided to replace my Mi Band with a premium Smartwatch and surprised that music control is non existent.

• My cheap old Mi Band has music control. Doesn't Fitbit consider themselves a leader in this space? Come on Fitbit...music control is a basic feature.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

No music control is a definite deal breaker for me, it should be an obvious thing for a smart watch to have

singhguy
First Steps

Music controls should be available in any smart watch. I was surprised and disappointed that my new Sense 2 didn't have music control feature.

JSmith3386
First Steps

I wish I would’ve seen this thread sooner 😞. The screen on my beloved Versa 2 just popped off while I was at rest. After not much support from customer service I decided to purchase the Sense 2 while it was on sale. I cannot believe there is no music controls or capability. What a joke. Why eliminate a basic feature that is utilized so much?! Bad call Fitbit. Time for me to return this watch and go to the Apple side. 

gHOuLEra
First Steps

Same thing for me, upgraded to Versa 4 after my Versa 2 broke on me and I'm super bummed it has no Spotify or music controls! Those were the features I used the most! I had bought the Versa 3 but returned to buy 4 as it went on sale thinking Hey it's a great update, so disappointed 😩. Hoping they announce they will add these features, otherwise I will just return this watch to get another.

stronglikedan
First Steps

Just chiming in to say that you (Fitbit, as if they will read this) have until the end of the Holiday return period to add music controls, or you will lose another customer for life, and you will get a gently used watch as your consolation prize. That this is missing is completely asinine, and someone should be fired for it. And don't even get me started on your scam marketing by calling this glorified fitness tracker a smartwatch.

Danjan33
Jogger

Where is the Spotify app and music control? I paid good money and these are not found. What happened to the 3rd party apps?

Liltommy4u
Jogger
Fitbit has removed these features on the versa 4. Very disappointing. Google that now owns fitbit doesn't care

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S22+ 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
DStan
Recovery Runner

My wife and self have owned fitbit watches from day 1. We just upgraded from Versa 3 watches and I'm flabbergasted by the removal of music controls and to a slightly lesser degree support for Spotify. If I had known this I probably would not have purchased two Sense 2 watches. If at the very least music controls are not added, this will probably be the last fitbit I ever buy, nor will I ever got a Google Watch due to this. I am incredibly disappointed. IMO losing loyal customers due to bad decisions is a very bad business plan.

MzScahlett
First Steps

Agree with everyone here.  The lack of music controls is absolutely a luddite move.  It's almost like you are trying to tank the products deliberately.

watadarkstar
First Steps

I just bought a Versa 4 but because it doesn't have music support I will probably need to return it and purchase an Apple SE. Fitbit get your sh**t together and add a basic Music control app. Please and thank you!

AndyNya
First Steps

Really love the Sense 2, still was a big turnoff that it didn't have any Spotify controls. Hope it can get added support in a update 🙏

pennysgold
Jogger

I am beyond frustrated and disappointed. Not having any ability to music is such a downgrade.  Returning mine immediately. What a waste of $150. Why would you ever put this product out without the ability to listen to music.  Isn’t that why most of us got this product? To know our distance and be able to listen to music while we run or walk. I am going to make sure that I put a review of this product everywhere that I see that sells it. I sure wish I would have read the reviews before I bought it.

jman8
First Steps

100 % agree. Dissapointed to find out there is no music control on the Versa 4. Hopefully this can be added in a software update?

Kfitness44
Jogger

Fitbit, when will this be corrected? What Voice of Customer testing did you do that led you to believe users would be ok without having this feature? It doesn't seem logical and is a really poor customer service move. I wasted my money on a new Versa 4. It is concerning for the brand's future that Fitbit couldn't seem to care less about losing market share over something so ridiculously simple. As a simple and easy customer service gesture, please re-add this feature ASAP. I will be holding out hope for this fix by the end of this year, and if not, say hello to the newest Apple Watch convert.

Liltommy4u
Jogger
Agreed. Furthermore the versa4 supports no 3rd party apps like barcode which I used for gym membership, starbucks etc......what a piece of junk..... upgrade my butt

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy S22+ 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Get Outlook for Android<>
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @watadarkstar, we wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

anikasfitclub
First Steps

I just purchased the Versa 4 and will not open box now that I know there is not a music control. I am going to stick with Samsung. I should have checked for the music control before I purchased it. I assumed, bc it's a fitness watch, that it would have that ability. I am truly disappointed and am curious why it would not.  

Mattomakun
First Steps

I swapped my sense for a sense 2 when my original one broke within warranty. Thanks to the missing feature of no music controls I will be swapping back down to the original sense. How absurd for such an expensive watch to be missing such a basic feature!

Otaur
First Steps

Just "upgraded" (downgraded) from Versa 2 to Versa 4... Losing the ability to control music is asinine. What designer thought this was a good idea. Only thing I disliked about Versa 2 was the microphone not working. Please fix the Versa 4, I do not want to order a no-name device that has this basic ability.

Atremblay01
First Steps

I too don't understand why this feature is not supported, it is the bare minimum a intelligent watch should do.

FreehaZ
Recovery Runner

Back I September a Fitbit team member commented on this. I think it's gotten pretty good feedback since then...so why have we not seen any updates? I got the new Sense 2 for Christmas to replace my cracked Versa 3. I feel bad having to ask this person to return it because it doesn't have the most BASIC feature. I don't understand why we can't have apps or music control capabilities on here. I don't really like to keep my phone with me at the gym because 1- no pockets, and 2- I don't want to lug around my gym bag. So what gives, Fitbit? Why take away that feature?

DavideFitbit_0-1686661150370.jpeg

Even while setting up, it showed "music" under the shortcut section...WHY IS THIS A SCAM. Like why can we not have the most basic feature ...

Cylas
First Steps
I think it would be very useful to be able to control music either using the task bar or it’s own widget in the watch
JugglingPro
First Steps

I just got a Versa 4 for the holidays, I need this music feature otherwise I will not be using this device very much. I also heard this used to be a feature which was removed, so I will not be recommending this watch in the future (who removes features integral to fitness?!?!)

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.