Music storage on Sense/Versa 3

Please allow Sense to storage Music (mp3) just like Ionic, Versa, Versa 2.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

653 Comments
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RyanMeyer, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to allow music storage on Fitbit Sense. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

jrozen16
First Steps
Allow for storage of music to run to without phone.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jrozen16, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to storage music on Sense/Versa 3. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

You might also interested in this other suggestion: Download my iHeartRadio music.

JeremyVersa3
First Steps
Update Versa 3 software to allow storage of personal music.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @JeremyVersa3, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to store your personal music on your Versa 3 with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

BaconBro_22
Jogger
Add the feature to add .mp3 files to Fitbit sense/versa 3 similar to ionic. Come on Fitbit! This is your flagship watch and you DON'T EVEN HAVE CUSTOM MUSIC UPLOADING.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @BaconBro_22, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to add Mp3 files to Fitbit Sense/Versa 3 similar to Ionic. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

APC10216
First Steps
I was able to download music to my Versa, but cannot download to my Sense. Please update/ or upgrade the Sense to have this feature too! It makes no sense that your most expensive smartwatch doesn't have this simple capability.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @APC10216, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to store your personal music on your Sense with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. Your feedback is truly appreciated and we'll keep tracking this request over time.

Cotcher
First Steps

Ability to store music from spotify (or any other app) directly onto the Fitbit in order to play music through headphones. It doesn't make sense to have a GPS tracker without the ability to store music, the aim of the GPS is to not need to take your phone out when exercising, but now i'm back in the position of needing my phone for music.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Cotcher, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of storing your personal music on your Fitbit Sense. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

7kr
First Steps
The most compelling reason to buy a Sense/Versa is to leave the bulky phone behind. The addition of GPS to your watches is fantastic, but restricting music to a select few services is ridiculous. 2 years users have been making this request, but it's "not currently planned". The incentive to upgrade trackers just isn't there for me.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @7kr, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding music storage on Sense and Versa 3. Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. As you mentioned, this feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

zuc1221
First Steps
Please add the ability to download songs/playlists directly onto Sense. This was one of the best features on Ionic because it allows running and working out without requiring carrying around your phone.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @zuc1221, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about being able to download your personal music on your Sense with us. Because a similar idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, so I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

Adrian64
Jogger
I have been forced to send back my Ionic and chose the Versa 3 (wrongly assuming it would be better than Versa 2). When I exercise I listen to my personal music. Fitbit have chosen to remove the ability to put my own music onto my watch. This is an embarrassingly stupid decision. I don't have Spotify etc and never will. Please sort this out now.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Adrian64, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of storing your personal music on your Fitbit Versa 3. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

Katay2012
First Steps
With the recall of the IONIC, fitbit needs to address the lack of music storage for those users that do not want to carry a phone or subscribe to Spotify.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Katay2012, thank you for sharing allyour feedback about the possibility of storing your personal music on your Versa 3. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

SagINet
Stepping Up
Personal Music storage on Sense. Just activate this please. My Ionic was able to do so. My Surge wasn't. So step forward from Surge to Ionic. Now step back? I'm not amused. I lost my Ionic because of the overheating battery fail. So please think twice on your decision.
cheluneg
Jogger

Totally agree -- the Sense has the storage capacity for users to download their own music directly to the Sense without use of paid 3rd party platforms.  Please heed your loyal users and onetime stock holders!!  I miss my trusty Ionic

MissMyIonic
First Steps

I’m so glad I came across this critical piece of info.  I was all set to buy the Sense, gutted after the loss of my Ionic…. But a deal breaker is no stored music!  What a total catastrophe.  Now I need to move to Garmin or Apple it seems.  What a stupid way to lose customers. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SagINet, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding music storage on Sense. We really appreciate your feedback. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

JRCRacing
Jogger
I had the perfect watch, the IONIC which did everything i needed to support my training. Since the recall i have purchased the Sense as a replacement but amazed that i now cannot play music when i train. This was a main feature for me so i don't need to carry another device when out running. Why take this basic fundamental away. Please consider
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @JRCRacing, thank you for sharing all your feedback about the possibility of downloading and storing your personal music on your Fitbit Sense. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.