Music transfer through charging cable

Why do we have to use the music share option when wanting to exchange music content with the Fitbit?  It just took me 10 minutes to d/l tracks from my PC to Fitbit to exchange via wifi.  The easiest option should be to exchange music files directly from my PC to the Fitbit by using the charging cable.  Why did you make this so difficult and time consuming?

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity/Added Labels

14 Comments
brody59
Jogger

Would be nice if the Fitbit PC/Mac software allowed music to be transferred to the Ionic through the charging cable. Through wifi is taking absolutely forever.

Collistro
Premium User
Jogger

I would vote for this a hundred time if i could this transfer is worse than my first ever mp3 player its like back to the 90's yawn update it please!!!!

Waffles
First Steps

Agreed! It takes forever to transfer music, and Im so glad it isnt just me..thought the watch was broken or something

BadBadams
Jogger

I agree assuming the Ionic charging cable can actually be used for data transfer, and not just power for charging.

Is anyone from Fitbit able to confirm if this is even technically possible?

DFitness
Recovery Runner

ABSOLUTELY, it would be easier for me to win the lottery and I don't play the lottery........than download music to my new Ionic

BigRalphN
Runner

I am sure it is because there is no USB connectivity on the ionic. That said they should be able to make an explorer like interface to do it.. First they need to Implement a resume process so when you lose WiFi you do not need to start over. 

iyamdman
First Steps

The current process to transfer music to the Ionic simply dose not work. I have spent too much time working with customer service, and the community forum is full of people trying to make it work who can't. IT should not be this hard. This was a major feature for me, and I feel ripped off that it dosen't work. The Fitbit Connect software is pathetic, and Fitbit should really be embarrassed about it.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Currently we have several requests for easier music transfer with ideas. If one matches your thoughts you will want to vote for it instead of posting a duplicate. 

Ionic Music transfer from phone

Better Music/Podcast Player/Transfer

Fitbit Ionic music transfer - copy & paste?

Make Fitbit a Device in File Explorer

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @iyamdman I'm sorry that you've found music transfer to be disappointing. As Rich mentioned, feature suggestions should be specific and there are quite a few existing suggestions for music transfer. I'd suggest you pick the one that you prefer and we can merge these votes into that one rather than asking for general improvement. The most relevant alternatives are:

1. Ionic Music transfer from phone

2. Ionic music transfer through cable
  3. Drag and Drop Music Transfer

4. Fitbit Ionic music transfer - copy & paste

5. Make Fitbit a Device in File Explorer

Please let us know which you'd prefer.

-Angeliclee
Runner

Why did they design the device such that NO DATA on this data tracking device can be transferred through the cable?  Poor, POOR DESIGN CHOICES  Woman Frustrated

Carla477
Jogger

I bought the ionic for the music function. But since I only have an ipad I cant use the music function. If I also HAVE to purchase a pc it makes for a very expensive fitness tracker. Disappointed in Alabama. (Roll Tide)

Jonesy68
First Steps

I can't believe this wasn't part of the initial design. When you are given a USB lead why wouldn't you design the use to use that rather than the unreliable WiFi built into the device. Monitoring is good but as for this being a smart watch I'm not so sure. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.