NET Carbs instead of Carbs

There is a difference! If you are following, Atkins, Keto, Paleo or any of the LCHF diets, you do not count standard carbs, you count net carbs (Carbs - Sugar alcohol - Fiber). There is currently no option on your site at all that allows the entry of net carbs or a field for sugar alcohol (Erythritol, Xlitol, etc) to be able to calculate this in your macros.

Diabetics use this, as well as dieters for weight loss or training. 

Moderator edit: Labels

108 Comments
Karilaw
First Steps
Please add a net carb option
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Karilawthank you for taking the time to share your comments with us about the ability to add a net carb option. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. This helps to keep the forums more organized and for the team of developers to continue to track popularity and demand over time.  

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

Aprilboze
First Steps
Would like net carbs calculated please
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Aprilboze, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding net carbs to macronutrient details. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

LiamMac
Strider
Dietary fibre is classed as a carbohydrate, but is indigestible to us humans. With this fact being out there, it does seem weird that Fitbit chooses to credit us with 4 cals in for a gram of stuff that simply passes through us unchanged. All nutritional calculations regarding carbs should not include fibre intake
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @LiamMac, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to track NET carbs when logging food on the Fitbit app with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

MadreMidMo
First Steps
The app should track net carbs as opposed to total carbs
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @MadreMidMo, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about tracking NET Carbs instead of Carbs. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.