Naming/Labeling Alarms

Hello,

Wouldn't it be nice if you allow us to name the silent alarms? For example: an alarm to wake up, one to drink water, food, one to remind me of something such as an important meeting, etc...

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

479 Comments
Panik
First Steps
Yes please! I came in to make the same comment. I need to drink more water and embarresingly enough I need to be reminded having the ability to name the alarm and also adjust the number of vibrations would go a long way. I already tried thing a piece of string around my finger.
brdbarb
Jogger

YES YES YES, the old generic fitbit had this...and the new Fitbit Charge HR does not. Please add it to the list of enhancement requests! It would be super duper wonderful and help to make it something people would want to buy instead of other products available!

DavidChris
Jogger

Do i really need to add more?

If the device / app supports the creation of multiple alarms you have to be able to assign a name to them to be able to differentiate....absolute key functionality.

hiitbit
Jogger

Great idea. I would love to have this feature. The Caller ID alert on my Charge HR is fantastic and I'd probably use it for this feature alone, even if I never exercised again! I have my phone off most of the day at work so as not to interuppt, and at home I'm running all over the house and don't keep my phone on me. It has been SO helpful to be alerted when a call comes in. 

Having the ability to set reminders for myself that didn't rely on me being near my phone would be fantastic. 

Unforunately, women's clothes often don't have pockets, which makes it hard to carry a phone consistently. You'd be helping women out a lot with this feature!

duwrt
Stepping Up

alarm labels would make the Charge perfect... 

that  and button patterns to choose between snooze and turning off each alarm

mmghoop
First Steps

I could not agree more with you..  The Up band does offer reminder lables..  albiet it is on your phone vs the band but when the band vibrates so does your phone with your cutomized label of what you are being reminded to do!!!  I would love to see this feature as I have mulitple goals that I am trying to maintain! 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
FerdinandFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @armen, Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas with us!

I just noticed your request and found that there is several people looking to have this feature implemented. For that reason, I'm sharing this with our team so that the developers can take a look at it and evaluate the possibility to have it implemented.

Thank you again for participating in the forums!

K2kraky
Jogger
Kathy Krakenberg
ashkat
First Steps
Hope it is something they will do for current models and not for just new ones...
Boneto
First Steps
This would be greaaaaat!! I went looking for this same solution all over the place until I found this thread. Has anyone heard if this is going to be done or if they've even acknowledged that this is something that is being requested by many Fitbit users?
Bjazz
Jogger

"I just noticed your request and found that there is several people looking to have this feature implemented. For that reason, I'm sharing this with our team so that the developers can take a look at it and evaluate the possibility to have it implemented."

That's awesome!  Looking forward to it.  Thank you for listening.

nuxeon
First Steps

Love to see this happen. I use my fitbit as a watch now and the ability to see what alarm is going off would be invaluable.

Status changed to: New
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Status changed to: New
Mcore
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for your contribution @brsheff. I believe that this suggestion might help other users and make the Fitbit experience more pleasant. I will gladly send your request to our team members so they can take it into consideration.

Any other ideas you might have, feel free to share or vote for them, if it’s already suggested in the Feature Request Forum.

Have a great day!

MrBreadWater
Recovery Runner
I think it would be nice to be able to label your reminders. Trackers with a screen (anything but the Flex) would display the reminder name. This would be useful for people who set the an alarm but forget what they set it for, or just have a lot of reminders.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would really love to be able to name my alarms, and have many more than 8 of them on my CHargeHR. 

I'd love one to wake up, a few reminders to eat meals and snacks like my PT keeps telling me I should, and one to remind me to go to bed early so I can get more sleep each day. 

I want to eat at least 6-8 times a day, so I max out doing just my food alarms, not to mention the other habits I could encourage and remind myself of by using this discrete alarm. 

Love the alarm, please give me more of them - with names - to make me a super happy fitbit user. 

MLTS
First Steps

I notice that the original post was identified as a feature that is wanted by many in the community but I don't see an update from the moderator.  Naming an alarm and having it show up on the Fitbit face or as a notification on your mobile device would be great.  Can you update the community on any progress?  Thanks

Rati
WorldWalker

This would be fantastic.  Currently I only use my fitbit as a wakup alarm in the morning.  If it could remind me after I had woken up that on different days I needed to do different things that would be great.  I wake up before the rest of the family so cannot have my phone alarms on as they would wake everyone else.  My Charge HR buzzing 15 minute after I wake up to say "Wednesday- pack swimming bag" would be great!

Nick20401
Walker

With a fitbit you can set an alarm, but it does not have any message on it. An idea would be to have a "reminder" feature where the wrist band vibrates and has a custom message of what you need to say at this point of time, for example you could use this to remember when you need to start cooking dinner. You could then set a "reminder" which would alert you to put dinner in the oven.

Jman5401
First Steps
This is a really cool idea I think it would be ideal for the ChargeHR to show reminders and the custom name of that reminder
Rolartay
First Steps
I'd love to have an alarm after I wake up. This would be good for people like me that forget to take their medicine. Thanks guys
Gavote
Recovery Runner

awesome Idea!

MrBreadWater
Recovery Runner

I had a similar feature request! They NEED to do this! 

BuzzThomson
Jogger
Straight up! Reminders / iCal meeting alarms. This would be gold!
bm27
Jogger

Great Idea, needs to be added to surge as well, can they intergrate it with exhange?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.