Navy Federal Credit Union Support

I am active duty in the Navy and it would be awesome to have Navy Federal Credit Union supported on the watch for Fitbit pay. A lot of people I work with also have this bank and I don’t want to be left out of using the great feature of Fitbit pay just because I bank with a military bank. I called about it but didn’t really receive a answer back. Please help make the idea a reality. Thanks 

73 Comments
MontanaGalaxy9
First Steps

As of 2018, this call-to-action has been marked "under consideration." It's 2020!!! Navy  Federal Credit Union has over 9.4 million members (countless of which have fitbit devices), & 342 branches worldwide! Please! Please! Please! Partner NFCU and FitBit pay already! There are hundreds (of not thousands) of us who want to be able to use this feature! Of the hundreds of banks currently included in FitBit pay, would it be that much of a stretch to make this happen?? What does anyone have to lose? This has my vote, my husband's vote, and my extended family's vote! 

clarke125
Jogger

Hi, would really like to see this someday soon. pls n ty

Cotman76
Jogger

So I'm seeing tons of requests to have NFCU added, the "Under Consideration" status since 2018 and 2020 is almost over...just how long does adding a new bank in a platform that already supports banks take?!  I work in an agile environment and from concept to deployment, it may take 6 months to a year, tops...and that's for a brand new, never been deployed platform.  Enhancements take 2-4 weeks...so why is Fitbit dragging their collective feet to make this request a reality?!  @MontanaGalaxy9 said it best...there are millions of NFCU members and more added daily.  With Fitbit releasing a new smart watches (Sense, Versa 3) and a new Inspire here in the coming months, it shouldn't take this long to add support for a new bank.  C'mon Fitbit...let's get with the collective program here and GET THIS DONE...lol.  But seriously, plz.  I enjoy your platform and don't want to have to keep using my phone to make payments.  

Yemi_A
First Steps

Two years and nothing more than consideration. I'd really like to be able to touch as little as possible when I have to go grocery shopping, but I guess I'll have to find a different company for that. 😩

Jaydedsunrise
First Steps

Here here, I second the motion

All in favor say aye

ztapamcakes37
First Steps

FITBIT, Please please please partner with NFCU for fitbit pay!!!! Tell what to do to make this happen?

jkeel
Jogger

I just changed from Bayport Credit Union (also not supported) to Navy Federal Credit Union and was hoping NFCU was supported.  PLEASE add NFCU to the supported cards in the Wallet on Fitbit Versa 2!!!  The wallet feature to pay with my Versa 2 was one of the main reasons I upgraded from the Versa.  So the sooner the better!!!

PyDust
First Steps

Moving from a Wear OS watch (wanting more health features, Wear OS is seriously lacking!) I must say I'm a little disappointed that on my new Sense watch my fav bank of all time (and current) NFCU isn't on Fitbit Pay. I did look into this before, but didn't have an account so now I am going to add my voice to the list of requestor(s). Come on Fitbit / NFCU you both are absolutely large enough for this to already be a thing!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

So was Considering upgrading to the New Fitbit Versa 3! But not going to till NFCU is added to Fitbit Pay! I'll be looking for another watch if they won't add maybe! Seems stupid on FitBits part the Largest Credit union in the US & The won't add it! So now that Google owns FitBit why isn't Google pay a Option! Google pay allows NFCU!

richmahn
Jogger

I too do all my banking only with Navy Federal Credit Union, and would like to see it partnering with FitBit Pay. Just got a new Versa 2 for Chrismas yet can't use the FitBit pay option. Wha a let down!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Said the Largest credit union in the country & Fitbit does not work with
it!
BiancaTP
First Steps

Under consideration since at least 2017!!! Smh. 

jkeel
Jogger

That is why I chose to switch to the Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2!!

xelpr787
First Steps

Yeah I just bought a Sense and I'm returning it since there is no Fitbit pay for NFCU and the Sense Controls don't work... Going back to Wear OS...

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

How about instead of considering adding NFCU to fitbit pay you actually do something to get them added! 

Killedthepie
First Steps

I find it sad that we are in the end of 2021 and It appears the requests for Navy federal to be apart of Fitbit pay has been requested leading back to 2017

Einstein2005
Stepping Up

It's been four years now, that Navy Federal Credit Union has been under consideration for fitbit pay. Do we know if or when it will come to fruition.

I currently use the Charge 5 but am considering going back to a Samsung smart watch for contact less pay with Navy Federal.  Is there a way to check on the status of  Navy Federal credit union addition to fitbit pay?

James.heckerman
First Steps

Dito. Please navy fed, do us a solid.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
I solved my issue by getting a Samsung Watch & getting rid of Fitbit!
Fitbit doesn't want to add the largest credit union in the country! Fine
I'll just take my $ someplace that will! I got rid of my Fitbit premium
service & watch(Sense) Now have a Samsung classic 4 which has Gpay or
Samsung pay & offers same health service as Fitbit only free without
subscription!
GingerDumpling
First Steps

It would be nice if NFCU was supported. It would probably be nicer if FitBit Pay was replaced with Google Pay, now that FitBit is owned by Google.

yuu1412
First Steps

2022 and +1'ing for NFCU added or Google Pay

jknight91
First Steps

It's July 21, 2022. What the heck, Fitbit. Four years?? I'm honestly gonna return my brand new watch and switch to Samsung. Y'all clearly don't care about military members or their families, yikes.

Zelda2
First Steps

Please add navy federal to fit pay!!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.