New Fitbit watch with rounded face

Hi everyone. 

I started to develop an interest in investing for a tracker two weeks ago and I decided to settle with the Fitbit Charge 2. I have always looked at trackers in a negative light due to their boxy sporty boring designs. I have no idea what changed my mind to get one but I'm guessing one of the major reasons why I decided to go for Fitbit over other brands is the Fitbit app (through watching reviews on youtube). Loving the interface very much. Very neat and pretty. Hope Fitbit will continue to keep it that way!

I was reluctant to get the watch at first. Because of its...well, boxy sporty design. I have been a fan of round face watches my whole life, and dislike square-ish rectangular-ish watch . But after seeing that the bands are interchangeable, to leather, metal, and other coloured bands, to make it "prettier", I fell in love with it.

I recommended Fitbit to my friends but they are not interested (like how I was initially) due to its hardware design. So I hope very very much that Fitbit will soon come up with a nice waterproof round face watch with interchangeable bands (pretty please!).

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

109 Comments
Rich_Laue
Community Legend

Like this suggestion

jenp322
Stepping Up

I have been wanting a more feminine round face that's prettier than what Fitbit offers as well.  I want the features of the Blaze, but a prettier version.  I have come close to getting the Garmin Vivomove in Rose Gold because it's so much prettier.  I have had a Fitbit for several years and like everything about it except the boxy/manly look.  Is there any chance that Fitbit might make a feminine version of the Blaze or Ionic?  I don't want to leave Fitbit, but i feel like the trackers that do more are more geared towards men.  

V_deso
Jogger

A lot of people seem to be complaining of the lack of the Fitbit Smartwatch being less of a 'watch'. This will revolutionise the way people see Fitbit. Many critics and reviewers on Youtube and journalists etc have preferred the standard, round watch face over the rectangular or square. 

The beauty of a round watch face also makes it look like a normal watch yet when people ask, they'll be astonished knowing it's a Fitbit. Just something to putt out there. But keep your other trackers a similar design. 

To add, make it waterproof for default!

Nurtwiddly
Jogger

I recently discovered Misfit Vapor, and man does it look pretty! Very very tempted to get one especially the fact that it's a fitness smartwatch that's running Android Wear AND that the face is round!!! Did I mention pretty?

Please, Fitbit? Make a pretty round face fitness tracker.

MalenaM
First Steps

This was a thin watch. As a watch, it had a display that was always on. I had a clockface that showed me my steps and an app that had customized move alerts.  

Recommendations for standing up from a desk include 20 minutes, but most fitness bands only have the option for once an hour. 

The Pebble Time Round band could be replaced with other bands the same size. It looked like a watch and worked with iOS and Android. It wasn’t bulky.

While the Pebble Time Round could get phone notifications and include games. I just need a simple watch to remind me to move and show a step count. My only current options are bulky, ugly devices with features I don’t really need.

egparadowski
First Steps

Honestly I have been a loyal fitbit user for years but am increasingly dissatisfied with the designs that are coming out as I see competing brands. I want my fitbit blaze (or ionic) in a round watch face like every other brand offers. They are more attractive and look less like fitness trackers and more like jewelry. Are there any round prototypes coming out in the near future? I don't want to make the switch to garmin or fossil.

pvssuryakumar
First Steps

Hi,

i would like to have a watch-which has a retro look- hours/minutes hands and also the steps taken on the screen. You can have an option to show analog or a digital face for the watch. The typical square shaped digital watches have a different appeal and the retro-look will make it COOL!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

humblefoot79
Jogger

*Reposted from a different forum*

I agree with entire line of suggestions. I wonder if the designers at Fitbit have ever considered developing a round faced tracker. They’ve been sticking with the squared off design for a long LONG time, and it’d be nice to see a little variety. I’m the proud owner of a simple Flex 2 and it’s awesome. I’ve tried a Charge 2, Alta HR in the past and my wife loves her Ionic. I’ve always worn round faced watches and am currently wearing both a watch AND the Flex because I can’t stand the design of any other Fitbit. I also currently have a Huawei Watch 2 which is great, but doesn’t really integrate well with Apple products which is why I desperately want to part with it before I smash it out of frustration. I love the reliability of Fitbit, but would enjoy seeing them develop a round faced tracker in the near future. I would be first in line. Am I the only one?

nitenurse
Tempo Runner

i love the idea of a round fitbit instead of the square 

AZSoccerpop
Stepping Up

Take everything I have in my Surge put it into a Metal Round faced watch that I can wear with a suit as well as my running shoes, give it a color screen and some nice analog downloadable faces and I will be in the line to buy it day 1. I am tied of Square utilitarian. Everyone wants to make the next Applewatch. Fitbit be classier!

amcoradi
First Steps

I would LOVE to have a Versa-type Fitbit with a round face. I currently have an Alta HR, but I need a more classic look to better fit my style. (Gold round face, white band 😁)

Moderator edit: Format

Lunasash
Recovery Runner

Hi, I'd like to suggest a rounded watch face similar to the Michael Kors watches.  The rounded style watch is more traditional for a lot of people and preferred over the bulky square watches. It also looks more professional.   Preferably the watch would have interchangeable watch bands with stainless steel, cloth and leather options. 

Also, would like a version of the always on display. 

Chillsessions
Jogger

Oh man count me in, I love circle watch faces! Coming from Pebble I'm looking for something to replace it with and I'm torn between the Versa and the Garmin Vivoactive 3. Would have loved getting an always-on screen, but on the other hand the heart rate monitor on the Versa I've read is just better for sleep which sucks because I love the round always on screen of the Garmin.

JayJay_de
Base Runner

Hello,

it would be a great if you expand your Product Portfolio to a round watch.

Either a FitbitOS powered round watch or a classical hybrid watch with physical clockhand and a "hidden" display. Here you also could use the hardware of some of the older trackers with monochrome display ...just as a hint ;).

So in general a watch which is optical less sporty on the first view and designed for casual and work.

In this case the trend would go to a second Fitbit device ...to cover the whole day with health tracking.

AlexYaoMing
First Steps

Yes to all of this. I love using my Charge 2 and the Fitbit app for fitness/calorie tracking, but I'm considering switching to one of Samsung's Gear watches because of how nice they look. I want a tracker/smartwatch that I can wear to the gym, to work and to weddings. If Fitbit had a round-faced tracker that could pass for an analog watch I'd be all over it in a second, especially because 1) I've heard that the Gear watches aren't as good at fitness tracking, and 2) the S Health app isn't as nice as the Fitbit app.

Inyshen
First Steps

Got my Charge 2 last year and it had helped me to achieved my weight lose target.. now after achieving my target I’m starting to look for something more fashionanble to wear but still giving me all the fitness tracking functionality and frankly speaking fashionable is smarty watch and not fitness watch and fitness watch doesn’t looks fashionable lol. So I do hope if Fitbit can come out a round shape classic design watch. Something like Amazfit 2 is a good direction. 

Jeni.n
First Steps

I have the blaze and the features are great but I would love a round faced Fitbit as I find the square look bulky and prominent on my wrist. It would also be great if there were a women’s health feature that could document cycles/symptoms and suggest fitness and activity targets/guidelines depending on where they are on the cycle. I have a hormone imbalance and would love to be able to sync the info with my fitnes routine and try control it abit more : ) 

NorCalGg
Jogger

I went through 2 fitbits already and been waiting for a round face tracker to replace my last fitbit that died on me. I love the Misfit Vapor but wish it was a fitbit. Can you please make a watch that has a round face (perhaps smaller than the Misfit Vapor) with interchangeable bands? I have a small wrist and looking for something that is smaller and more fashionable. 

JuNgster
First Steps

Come on Fitbit! It is time for a round face watch 🙂

NorCalGg
Jogger

Been a while and I need to track my workout activities again. I may have to go with a different brand since I cannot wait anymore. So unfortunate! 

Inyshen
First Steps

I still believe Fitbit is the best tracker with great apps out there, but sadly not very fashionable. I would buy a round face watch from Fitbit at anytime.. but for now i’ll just had to make do with others brand with round face watch unfortunately....

kiasanat
Jogger

I am desperate for a round face fitbit that looks like a really elegant watch, metal bezel etc. Please make it happen! Only Michael Kors makes elegant smartwatches but none of them can measure heart rate or sport activities etc so I'm stuck waiting for something to come out. Please fitbit, make it happen!

Sweet-C
First Steps

I love my Fitbit Charge 2. It is a stylish activity tracker that keeps me motivated. One of my favorite features is that I can easily change out the bands! I would love to see a round face Fitbit that looks more like a watch. I would definitely buy it. The versa is close but I really want round and to still be able to change out the bands.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.