New Fitbit watch with rounded face

Hi everyone. 

I started to develop an interest in investing for a tracker two weeks ago and I decided to settle with the Fitbit Charge 2. I have always looked at trackers in a negative light due to their boxy sporty boring designs. I have no idea what changed my mind to get one but I'm guessing one of the major reasons why I decided to go for Fitbit over other brands is the Fitbit app (through watching reviews on youtube). Loving the interface very much. Very neat and pretty. Hope Fitbit will continue to keep it that way!

I was reluctant to get the watch at first. Because of its...well, boxy sporty design. I have been a fan of round face watches my whole life, and dislike square-ish rectangular-ish watch . But after seeing that the bands are interchangeable, to leather, metal, and other coloured bands, to make it "prettier", I fell in love with it.

I recommended Fitbit to my friends but they are not interested (like how I was initially) due to its hardware design. So I hope very very much that Fitbit will soon come up with a nice waterproof round face watch with interchangeable bands (pretty please!).

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

109 Comments
JoMaCo
Jogger

Moved to a Galaxy Watch as I wanted style as much as data, I wear my watch from boardroom to gym and a plastic looking square on my wrist doesn’t cut it.  However, on my other wrist, I wear a discreet flex2 band just to maintain my leaderboard. Please give me the option to go back to one device and give me a nice stylish round faced Fitbit watch.

emiliejoann96
Stepping Up

Would love to see a future device with a rounded face. Looking for something more professional and feminine but don’t want to switch companies!

rgreen067
First Steps

I actually ditched my Fitbit for a Galaxy watch because it was round - and I use an iPhone - all because I wanted a round face.  But I still love the Fitbit software and would happily switch back if they made a round face.

emiliejoann96
Stepping Up

Also looking for a round faced watch for a more feminine and professional look.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @emiliejoann96! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

emiliejoann96
Stepping Up

Thanks. I hope so too! I think this product would boost sales for Fitbit and give people style options that would attract a variety of additional consumers! Can’t wait for this, I’m very optimistic!

brotherbear
First Steps

Hi, you guys should consider making a round faced smartwatch that has the same features as the Fitbit Versa 2! They look so much nicer and I love Fitbits but I am considering buying a Galaxy watch active because I want a round faced watch and I know a decent amount of people who agree with me.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @brotherbear, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about making a round faced smartwatch. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

wtigerstedt
First Steps

I love the idea of a round fitbit instead of the square. I have a suunto baro 9 and a fitbit smartwatch but I almost always use the suunto when I am out and about, just because it looks so much better. The 5 cm large round face is just a cooler look, the square rounded design that the new Versa 2 has is not a good looking watch to me. Saying that the fitbit is just superior in sports tracking and tracking stuff in general compared to the suunto. Don't get me wrong, the suunto is great but the fitbit is just way better in usability and app/software design. So pleeease fitbit designers, make a large round faced fitbit 🙂

AnnaTheodoss
First Steps

I love the FitBit interface and have enjoyed the fitness tracker for many years. Although this is the case, I started noticing that I would like a FitBit with a circular screen to mimik traditional watches with ability to change the background to have something colorful show up. 

Anibel88
First Steps

any plans on the round watch? I love fitbit but every tracker looks just too sporty! I work in an office. I would like a nice round tracker I can wear as a watch, with all the bells and whistles from other trackers. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this suggestion. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

Farquhar1979
First Steps

Could Fitbit manufacture a round faced fitness watch with in built GPS and heart rate monitor, please? It might make more people buy Fitbits who prefer them to square or rectangular watches. 

LaurencioAdriel
First Steps

I'm new to fitbit and i'm loving the tracker and app!! I thought that it would be awesome if you guys make a round-shaped wearables because it looks cool on the wrist!! (Still with a normal/affordable price!! Haha)

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Farquhar1979, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to have a round faced Fitbit watch in the future. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Farquhar1979, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a Fitbit watch with round face in the future. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
My suggestion is an option for a round bezel option for the Versa 2 for people with smallest wrists and who prefer a round watch.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a round face option for Versa 2. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Jajaseeks
First Steps
I would love the option for a round face in the versa line.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Jajaseeks, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to have a round face version on Versa series. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

arcticwolf1
First Steps
Would it be possible to develop a new watch with a round face similar to how Samsung/Android have released? I love the Fitbit features, but not the squared design. Why should a fitness watch look like a fitness watch?
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @arcticwolf1, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see a new Fitbit watch with round faced. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Ahedlund
Jogger
I want to stay with fitbit because I live all the features and ease of use, but I am being pulled towards the samsung active simply due to the more traditional design. Please expand your product line to include a traditional round face watch option.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Ahedlund, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to use a round face option for Fitbit devices. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Amjacks
First Steps
A round watch face.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.