New Fitbit watch with rounded face

Hi everyone. 

I started to develop an interest in investing for a tracker two weeks ago and I decided to settle with the Fitbit Charge 2. I have always looked at trackers in a negative light due to their boxy sporty boring designs. I have no idea what changed my mind to get one but I'm guessing one of the major reasons why I decided to go for Fitbit over other brands is the Fitbit app (through watching reviews on youtube). Loving the interface very much. Very neat and pretty. Hope Fitbit will continue to keep it that way!

I was reluctant to get the watch at first. Because of its...well, boxy sporty design. I have been a fan of round face watches my whole life, and dislike square-ish rectangular-ish watch . But after seeing that the bands are interchangeable, to leather, metal, and other coloured bands, to make it "prettier", I fell in love with it.

I recommended Fitbit to my friends but they are not interested (like how I was initially) due to its hardware design. So I hope very very much that Fitbit will soon come up with a nice waterproof round face watch with interchangeable bands (pretty please!).

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity

109 Comments
JuNgster
First Steps

Any feedback, Fitbit? It is frustrating that fitbit still hasn't come out with a round face watch. Do it before Apple does if you want to gain more marketshare seriously. I have an ALTA and waiting to upgrade to a smartwatch with a stylish round face. Stop being so behind in everything!

Thanks,

Julie

Sweet-C
First Steps
I have not heard anything from them yet...

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
DesM
First Steps

Fitbit recently purchased Vector Smartwatch company. I found this because I was looking for a smartwatch that could pass for a normal watch, but had a changeable face, and a long battery life. Vector claimed to have a 30 day battery life, is round, and could pass for a standard watch. I thought great! I finally found one with everything I am looking for....went on their website and they have joined the Fitbit team. 

My question is, why haven't you utilized the technology of the battery, and the more flattering wrist watch look? 

I have been loyal to Fitbit, but currently they don't have anything that meets the needs of what I am looking for, and I am giving some serious consideration to Garmin products, because they can deliver on the things that I am looking for in a smartwatch / fitness tracker.

amcoradi
First Steps

I just bought a round face Garmin today. A little sad to leave FitBit, bit I got impatient.

NorCalGg
Jogger

How's the Garmin? I may join your boat since Fitbit is taking forever. 

Inyshen
First Steps

Yeah sadly gotten myself Amazfit Stratos... not the best tracker.. but love the design, looks and battery life....Fitbit... better be quick... come out with round face

amcoradi
First Steps

I have only been wearing my Garmin Vivoactive 3 for a day, but so far, I am liking it. More features than I need, but I'm learning to customize it. I am also finding that I like the Garmin Connect app as well. Again, more features than I need, but it's easy to navigate.

Sweet-C
First Steps
Good to know! I have been looking at the Garmin online and am contemplating the switch. I did just cone across the motiv ring which is a cool concept too. Then I can wear whatever watch I want.

JayJay_de
Base Runner

@amcoradi

@NorCalGg

i feel the same. On the first few the Garmin app is overloaded. But if you played a little bit with the app you will see all the useful fitness features (yes, if you don’t want to track steps only)

A bought the ionic few months ago ...I switched from a cheaper  Garmin tracker. But I  totally miss important health and fitness features like stress, like support for all other sports than walking/running/biking ... and so on.

And the totally new operating system where I had hope that it will grow and open the doors for many developers and features ...that in combination with the brillant Display and battery life ... hm :$ .. 😕

until now I can’t find any real useful and working app. ...and there are also no effort by Fitbit to create some good useful basic apps to cover the lack of 3rd party apps 

until now there is also no possibility to see fitness and health statistics on the tracer. ...apart from the total number of steps i did since 12am 

Sorry for this words, but I thought I purchased a good Fitness-Smartwatch-hybrid (like advertised).

But no, since these months with Fitbit i feel like i am in a permanent beta lab without progress 😂

MalenaM
First Steps

Well, it’s thicker than the Pebble Time Round, but it’s e-ink and does the basics - the GLIGO smartwatch on Indiegogo - https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gligo-e-ink-smartwatch-hassle-free-with-style

Hdmark
First Steps

Hi ! I've been using my fitbit charge (and then charge 2) for the last few years and love it. I want to upgrade to one of the higher end models but I really dislike the square face. Please add an option for a round watch in the next series. Im tempted to switch to a samsung for this sole reason. I'm not positive but I'm pretty sure there are many other users like me who feel the same.

Thank you! 

Adyil
First Steps

Sirs,

For your next smart watch could you please consider producing a circular face, designing an analogue style divers display and wireless charging.

Status changed to: Needs More Info
LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Adyil! We wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Round face watch

Wireless Charging

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hey @Adyil.

I will be merging this suggestion to the one about Round face watch. Be sure to vote for this suggestion if you have the time.

Thanks for participating!

BeanBean59
First Steps

I love my Fitbit Blaze.  I don't love the look.  I have made it as attractive as I can with various watch bands, but I would really like a more feminine rounder look.

Thanks

Lunasash
Recovery Runner

I have posted here before, but I really think fitbit needs to have some classy watch design.  I need something that looks nice and non-sporty for work.  Right now I get some cheap bands off Amazon, but I would like to have an entire tracker that looks nice. 

MeganPoliti
Stepping Up

I wish Fitbit would release a watch that does everything the Ionic does but with a round face and rose gold.

There is something so elegant to a round face watch.

DesM
First Steps

I think they removed this from my original post, but Fitbit purchased a competitor that not only had ROUND faces, but also a 30 day battery life! Why are they NOT using that technology!!! It is definitely making my decision to stay with Fitbit harder! That and the fact that the versa won't sync with my Note 9! So I am currently looking at suitable replacements, like Garmin. 

RoZol
First Steps

To whom this may concern,

Is it possible to design a Fitbit watch that is round with similar features like the Fitbit Versa. Is it possible to design the round watch with a longer battery life. Can you also include a music player to go along with an Apple iPhone. I have been looking at round smart watches but none have impressed me. Please keep me informed about my idea.

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RoZol, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us,this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Please give kudos by clicking on the thumbs up button.

RoZol
First Steps
👍

Sent from my iPhone
IGGt
Recovery Runner

I agree totally, I love the Fitbit app, but the appearance of the actual device is far more more important to most people. Once my charge 2 gives up I will be moving to a more fully featured, “round” device. I just hope Fitbit listen to their loyal users and give the people what they want before I have to buy a Garmin or Samsung or some other device.

Sweet-C
First Steps
I'm right there with you.  When my Charge 2 stops working or if I get another crack on the screen, I will probably switch to the Samsung watch. I don't think Fitbit will be coming out with a round face anytime soon.  About a month ago they actually replied to my inquiry and said they were moving it because someone else had already made this request THREE YEARS AGO! 

RedPanda5150
Jogger

Oh my goodness, yes PLEASE! I moved from Fitbit to the Garmin Vivomove a few months back because it looks so much nicer but I would trade it in for Fitbit that looks like a nice feminine watch in a heartbeat! I love the Fitbit app, been using Fitbit trackers for years (Ultra, One, Charge HR, Charge 2) and they are the best...except for looks. I love the styling and functionality of the Garmin hybrid but holy hell do I miss the Fitbit app and ecosystem, not to mention integrating with all my years of tracking data. Please, please make a stylish line of Fitbits! The Versa is a nice looking Apple competitor but a hybrid or round-faced smart watch would be a dream.

NickTan
First Steps

Hi everyone, I'm in total agreement with all the comments posted. Both me and my wife have been on our faithful Blazes for 2 years now and I've always loved the Fitbit app and how everything just works on the Blaze. My wife was happy that the Versa looks the way it does and I have to say kudos to the design team for coming up with the design. I, however have been waiting for a round-faced replacement from Fitbit and can't wait any longer so I recently switched over to a Huawei Watch GT that touted a 2-week battery life. I can attest that Huawei wasn't exaggerating but now that I've started using Huawei's Health app, I'm wishing I never left Fitbit..... Here's my recommendations for a round-faced tracker that I would buy from Fitbit without a second thought:-

1) All the capabilities of the Versa.

2) Ideally a 46mm chassis with a good screen:bezel ratio (perhaps a second smaller one for the ladies).

3) Stainless steel with some contrasting accents that screams "CLASSY" (Rose Gold seems super popular with the ladies).

4) Longer battery life (though I'm pretty happy with the 4-5 days currently).

5) Not too much focus on smart-watch capabilities (I love what the Blaze and Versa can do and that's plenty).

Fingers crossed we will all see a proper round-faced tracker. I really want to come back!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.