Wireless Charging

I would like to see a version of a FitBit where instead of having to use a cable to charge, we could just throw it on a pad to charge. Having a water proof, induction-charged FitBit would be epic. 

Moderator Edit: Added labels.

21 Comments
Krina
Base Runner

Direct charge on wrist band. Advantages:

- no tracking cable needed

- no need to take the tracker out of the wrist band

- no steps lost

- more mobility (you could charge from a mobile charging device that you can put in your pocket)

crystalchessa
First Steps

I have thought the exact same thing!  It's a pain to take it in and out so frequently.  I am looking for a communication path to Fitbit to get this to happen.  I will keep you posted.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Thanks for sharing such a great idea @SunsetRunner! I think this will make easier the way that we currently charge all the devices. I encourage you to keep participating in the Fitbit Forums!

Catch you later!

QueenOfHearts
Keeping Pace

Yes, please!

No cable needed, so no connector that can become defect.

And with a wireless charging standard like Qi, there is more chance to be able to charge your Fitbit anywhere else then at home. 🙂

wireless
First Steps
Hi how about making the fitbit charge wirelessly on a station? Would it be an idea
jimwaterview
First Steps

I have come to the same conclusion having cracked my Flex wristband with regular battery charging. Numerous devices now use wireless charging. Recharge hotspots for those more active or on holiday could then become the norm (at the likes of McDonalds or shopping malls)

jstoney14
First Steps

Hey Fitbit Team! 

I want to start off by saying, I love fitbit! My Charge HR is almost perfect. The only concern I have with it, is that it's not waterproof. I love going swimming, and on at least one occasion, I have forgotten to take my Fitbit off and completely ruined it because it's not waterproof. 

Recently, Samsung has released a battery charger that allows you to set your phone on a mat to charge. It's been rumored that that's how the new iPhone will charge as well. 

I think it would be AWESOME if Fitbit could integrate that technology into their wristbands. Some sort of wireless charging. People wouldn't have to worry about taking their Fitbits off to shower, swim, etc etc. 

I'm a diehard fan of Fitbit, and I wouldn't consider swtiching to any other device any time soon, but please work on making the devices waterproof! 

Thanks for all the hardwork you guys put in! 

Moderator edit: labels.

gouldtm
Jogger

I too think wireless charging would be amazing. My sister has sight issues anf being able to leave the tracker in the band while charhing it would be amazing for her as she lives on her own. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Status changed to: Needs More Info
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for sharing your Feature Suggestion with the Fitbit Community. In order to keep the forums easily searchable, we regularly archive suggestions which become inactive. Your suggestion has been archived, and can no longer receive votes or comments. If you have another suggestion or want to re-post, feel free to add a new Feature Suggestion here.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum
Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs on the top right corner. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.
Wingate95
First Steps

With wireless charging available on almost all mobile phones, it would be great if fitbit would make a charging cable/dock/connector for the Versa that would allow a person to put there versa in and then place on a wireless charging pad

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion @Wingate95Woman Happy

JAK-drafter
Jogger

Hello! I have had occasional trouble charging my Charge 2. I was looking at a Charge 3, but the charging mechanism looks very similar. I also see that the Charge 3 has the chip included that makes paying for things with the unit possible. If you can do that, shouldn't it be possible to have wireless charging? The snap on charger isn't super reliable. Maybe laying it on top of a charging station would be better. Just a thought. Thanks for listening.

Davidiwanow
First Steps

The new Samsung watch allows for Inductive charging which also works on the back of the S10 devices. The current charging cables are tedious and if you don't click it perfectly means your device doesn't charge. Please fix the charging option across all your devices to allow us to use Inductive Charging pads

boulder2019
First Steps

Please consider inductive charging of all future devices. My fitbit is one of the last things I still have to "plug in"

Would love to have inductive charging for everything and probably won't buy or upgrade to another fitbit until this is a feature.

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @boulder2019 , thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

Coryos
First Steps
Suggest collaborating with WIGL for wireless charging.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Coryos, thanks for sharing your idea about the possibility of having the option for wireless charging. I noticed that a similar suggestions has already been posted, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community.

RegiRuth
Jogger
Enable wireless charging on the Fitbit Luxe.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @RegiRuth, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about enabling wireless charging option for Fitbit Luxe. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. 

While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.