New Water Screen

Appreciate the 2.12 update, but would like to see a "Log It" button on the water screen. Also do not like to have to hit the plus button to log in water amounts throughout the day.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

7 Comments
ivegots
First Steps

Agreed, this is horrible UI  . . click to a blank screen? then ''+" to add? I like that you can see your water intake in the past, but to add water now you have to click from the main dahsboard to 'water', then today's water, then the '+', that's 3 clicks! Why else would you click on today's water > unless you were adding?

Also, preference section during set up should allow you to pick units you prefer to log water in. ..most people it's oz, some pints etc. . .

Combine slider with some pre-determined popular options such as 16oz, 25oz etc. . common oz as buttons on the top, and the slider below. .

Please don't make me 'add' water twice. . .such a waste of clicks!! 

tredblane
Stepping Up

I prefer the previous UI for logging water. Simple and easy. Also, this may sound silly, but I also find that the promt that says "A little thristy over here" is kind of a downer when everything else seems so positive. Apparently I'm highly motivated by green happy faces and cheers 😄

digitaltodd
First Steps

I agree, I like the previous water recording screens in the app. It actually took me a minute or 2 to figure out how to do it after the update and its got 1 more tap to get there too.

@bturner908 wrote:
Appreciate the 2.12 update, but would like to see a "Log It" button on the water screen. Also do not like to have to hit the plus button to log in water amounts throughout the day.

MikoMido
First Steps

I agree with all of the above - please change it back to the "one add click" UI.

Having to click the Water button, then another button, then add the water... then to add another amount of water in the same session I have to click the "+" button again?

Ridiculous!!

It was perfectly fine the way it was before. You don't need to make the UI 'pretty' - please change it back.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I think this is a great idea. It will be easier for the app users to log their water if a "log it" button was available on the app. Having that instead of the + sign will be faster. This is currently possible on the online dashboard. Hopefully this will be implemented on the app in the nearest future! Thanks for the suggestion. 

Semvn
Base Runner

I would like to be able to add water intake (as well as weight and perhaps blood pressure) as an 'app' on the Fitbit 4. It can sync with the Fitbit app on my phone afterwards.

Status changed to: Released
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks for sharing this suggestion. We’re very happy to let you know that this has been released on the Fitbit app. Instead of multiple clicks, you can just tap the + icon next to the water intake tile to log your details. You can find more details here.

@bturner908, in recognition of your excellent suggestion, each of your votes will now count as 5 votes – you have the power! Thank you for sharing this idea, and thanks to everyone who voted and commented for your enthusiasm which has now materialized for everyone’s benefit. We hope you all enjoy this new addition to the Fitbit product or service!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.