Next Generation Waterproof Tracker like Charge 2/Charge HR

With the release of the Flex 2, I was hoping for a display on a waterproof tracker, preferably with heart rate tracking. To my surprise, they actually released one (Ionic). Now, the Ionic's great and all, but I'm not really looking to buy a smartwatch as an upgrade to a Flex 2. Therefore, I started brainstorming, and came up with these ideas:

• A "reboot" of the Force, but with the Flex 2 material so that you won't have to issue a total recall of the product (again).
  • A waterproof tracker that somewhat resembles the Charge 2. I'd also recommend clock faces with all basic stats (Steps, Calories Burned, Heart Rate) on a single screen. I don't know how you'll do that, but if you can, then by all means, go ahead.

These are the two that came to me. If anyone has any more ideas, there's a comment section below this post. You guys can come up with your own, or add to mine. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity

You'll Mostly Find Me on the Feature Suggestions Page
153 Comments
DyB
Recovery Runner

I ended up buying Pebble Time Steel it's 30m water resistant, battery lasts nearly 9 days, actually syncs with Google fit and my fitness pal on my zenfone3. I. Tried to keep getting my Blaze to work with Fitbit on my zenfone3 but no luck. It's no good syncing it to my iPad Pro because it's too big to fit in my pocket lol. I really hope Fitbit find a way to incorporate pebble into Fitbit now that they own pebble... I also wish they supported more lower end android phones not everyone wants a Samsung or iPhone ;( I would love a new fit bit smart watch that was waterproof and was as functional in the smart phone apps as well! Busy people could incorporate work and fun into the same device which is what pebble time steel does for me.

songbird1329
Strider

I hope so! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I hope so too

JohnBoyIIIJr
Keeping Pace

Love the idea. As a Blaze owner, I really hope Fitbit can make a stong, waterproof case for the Blaze.

Daelach
Jogger

Concur. As a blaze owner, it's very annoying to me that I can't use my Blaze when doing more intense 5k stuff, or when going swimming. I like having the heart rate tracking all the time, and not having it for an exercise is pretty annoying. 

niiejjnn
First Steps

i realy want a water proof tracker like the charge 2 for me work. im using now a tomtom runner buth want to buy a fitbit charge 2 buth cant because me work its needed that its water proof!! please fitbit make it work

Cthulhu1138
First Steps

Absolutely agree!  Cheap digital and analog watches are water proof.  For these products to truly be useful to me they need to be waterproof.

RMowrey
Jogger

Please make the Alta waterproof!  I wear my Alta most of the time because it's petite, yet has a clock feature.  I have to switch to another tracker (Flex 2) for swimming and, more often than not, my steps disappear! Today I swam, synced at 17.1K, then later was down to 13.8k.  How does this even happen?  Anyway, if the Alta were waterproof I'd wear it all the time and this wouldn't happen.  Consider it?

Kc2fht
Recovery Runner

Great idea, need high end blaze waterproof tracker.  Swimming is huge.

Shorty50957
First Steps

Charge 2 would love one to be waterproofed hell why isn't all Electronics waterproof

Kc2fht
Recovery Runner
Well lets hope enough people will complain and fitbit will get something.
Garmin has one so it's possible.
songbird1329
Strider

The Flex 2 is waterproof and does basic swim metrics.  I like it.  but I really want one that also measures heart rate.

Kc2fht
Recovery Runner
Trying to get my charge replaced to sell to get a flex 2. That would give
me the blaze for land and the flex for sea
DarkBull
Strider

The Fitbit Surge 2 waterproof and a waterproof Blaze 2 it will be really fantastic.

Kc2fht
Recovery Runner

Was thinking of going to garment because of this

DevanH
Jogger

Yes, please fitbit..

I just switched over to the Charge 2 because my band 2 broke.. but I am rather underwhelmed.

I like the Charge 2 form factors, but want built-in GPS and waterproof!

Simple win for the market: 

Charge 2 form factor

GPS built in

Waterproof

Make it so.

Please.

Saschlet
Jogger

I would really really love a waterproof HR tracker. Please please. Garmin have done it with Vivosmart but it's way too bulky. Get cracking please 😉

Ljcotting2004
First Steps

I think that fit bits should be water poof

LauraDiane
First Steps

I love my charge 2 but I am constantly having to take it off. I am a hairdresser/assistant so my hands are always in water. I would love to be able to wear it as a necklace like the flex 2 but have the same features that the charge 2 has. 

Lueck767
Tempo Runner

I'm sure it's coming...

CCVicens
First Steps

One more plea for making Charger 2 and Alta HR WATERPROOF.  I'm holding out buying an upgrade until I know I can swim with and wear my hopefully new fitbit in the shower.  You can do it!

verolynne
Jogger

I want a waterproof, HR-tracking fitbit so bad. I had pre-ordered the Pebble Time 2, which was waterproof and had HR tracking, but then fitbit bought out Pebble so I got a refund instead. To have that happen and fitbit still isn't offering an equivalent is profoundly disappointing... 

Wilko251088
First Steps

My wife's a nurse, she has a Latger band and puts it on her ankle. It tracks steps and HR 

Brandym325
First Steps

Make the charge 2 waterproof.

jollyrobertson
First Steps

Really hope they waterproof the SURGE. Used it for marathons, cycling, sleeping, etc. Used every tracker it holds. 

Next model should include:

waterproofing (definitely)

more music functionality (dream request. Music is a staple over long distances)

colour screen (nice addition)

Personally I like only being able to read text messages.

If they were to at least waterproof this, I'm pretty sure Fitbit would own the triathlon market as well. 

P.s. If Fitbit are looking for testers then I'm here lol. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.