Nightshift and sleeping during the day

I work nightshifts, and sleep also at night. But also during the day... it would be great if fitbit would count my daytime sleep too! 

7 Comments
Esmeraldaatje
First Steps

Can there be a update for people who works nightshift so the charge 2 will take the sleep during the day to..... there is no activity tracker who has this......it would be great the fitbit charge 2 will be the first one

Claire166
First Steps

It would be really useful to have a tracker which gives the projected calorie burn based on BMR only for the rest of the day. At the moment I only know that I've been active enough during the day when I see how many calories I've burned at midnight.  It would really help me meet my goals if I could know this earlier in the day when there's time to do something about it. Thanks! 

kitbit31
First Steps

I have noticed that anytime I take a nap, or am very relaxed for an extended period of time (ie. watching a movie or getting a massage) it will record that as sleep. If you wear your fitbit while you sleep no matter what time of day, it should record it.

Status changed to: Existing Feature
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @DeStoep thanks for sharing. Fitbits can track sleep at any time of day but if you're wearing a device with heart rate, your device needs at least 3 hours of sleep data to estimate your sleep stages, so you won’t see sleep stages for shorter naps. All of our wrist-based devices automatically detect your sleep, meaning you just need to wear your tracker or watch to bed. Auto-detection is based on your movement. When you haven’t moved for about an hour, your device assumes that you’re asleep. Additional data—such as the length of time your movements are indicative of sleep behavior (such as rolling over, etc.)—help confirm that you’re asleep. See these articles on our help site for more info:

Cloudess01
First Steps

I work from 10pm to 6 am, and sleep during the day. I have found with my charge 3 i can not properly record this. Is there a way you can have at least the sleep part available to schedule? So i can say i sleep these hours moniter my sleep this way Mon-Fri and like a normal person Sat and Sun?

fulloffaithgirl
First Steps

Would love to be able to change when day begins. I work nights and am really trying to monitor my sleep. I need to be able to change when day begins. lol it keeps telling me I had a nap. please and thank you...

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @fulloffaithgirl, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Existing Feature". You can learn more about here:How do I track my sleep? Keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.