Customizable weekly progress reports

I really miss seeing my average steps per day in my weekly report. I know, all I really need to know is whether I have exceeded a total of 70,000 for the week to know if I have reached my goal! But the report contains things I don't want to know (average calorie burn per day), and even has a blank space for my average heart-rate (my Alta doesn't measure my heart-rate). The reason I wear my Alta is to try to achieve 10,000 per day, and the report doesn't tell me this at a glance. I would suggest (1) customizable reports, or (if this is too tricky) (2) linking the report to a person's primary goals as selected in their profile. Thanks for listening 🙂

Moderator edit: Labels

28 Comments
BJMcBean
Jogger

This has already been posted, but I haven't seen a helpful response nor any changes.

The sad face on our weekly progress reports doesn't make any sense. A "sad" day for me often is way over my goal, just not as high as the rest of week. Even I don't make ny goal, there's nothing to be sad about. It seems a little juvenile to use that image and maybe a little juvenile to care so much about it, but it would be better without any face at all. Let us be the judge of the effectiveness of our activities. 

If I have a very busy week at work and walk in excess of 10,000 steps a few days, I don't need an app to judge me on the day I take off some time and relax. 

ranvandal
Jogger

The weekly progress report has a red frowny face (negativity) for the lowest activity day in the current set of days. You need to change this practice to a more positive consideration. This practice is an over loyalty to data thing. There will always be a highest activity day and a lowest activity day in any given set of days. Data loyalty folks must find something in the data that they would consider a red frowny idea. For them, your highest activity day is good and your lowest activity day is bad. But if all activity days are good and all categories of measure have been met and turned green, which means you met all your goals, then all the days are good, and it is better to have the green happy face. It is also an easy fix for the next software update. If one made all the goals and turned everything green, it is a good day even though it was a least active day of the current set. You can choose how many catergories missed could trigger the red frowny face if you wish. I turn all of mine green and then some every day. I agree with mmaree in the other forum. Please change it. Thanks. I'll be looking forward to that update.

ThinnerMe
Recovery Runner

This is a tiny little request, but so easy to do.  I love the weekly stat email, but please remove the sad face associated with the "least active day."

There is a least active day every week.  That does not mean that it needs to be improved.  A least active day can still be well past meeting the step goal for the day.

sgardgal
First Steps

i hate the little frowny face, especially when I have met my step goal every day of the week and frequently well over the target. I have a little feeling of "never getting it right." Let's ban the frowny face.

Koueis
First Steps
I would really love if the red frowny face icon was removed from the "least active day" on the weekly progress report. It's a small thing but I find it really discouraging to see it. Because even if I have a great week and am active every day for an hour or more I will ALWAYS have a least active day. The red frowny face sends the message that I'm failing somehow.
tlelle
First Steps

Apologies if this has been updated, could not find a response... I too find it somewhat disparaging to have a Red "sad face" with least active day being greater than 10,000, particuarly so this week when my progress report was 52% up on the last month 😞 What I would like to see is still the Least Active day, however could it be at least Green without the sad face? Also if it is over 10,000 some more encouraging words, or the option to set my own from a pre-determined pick-list of say 3-5 variations (positive or negative) would be nice. Some comments already come up on my Fit Bit One, so perhaps something similar could be added to the dashboard. Just a thought... 

topcu_z
First Steps

Hi!

I am so glad your weekly progress report, but can I shape my report in terms of my concern? 

I want to evaluate my weekdays sleep average and weekends sleep average and combine them in a graphic with my active hour. 

Creating personal report for analytic users who want to see personal needs on fitbit database 🙂

Thanks!

Jackytar
First Steps

I agree with this! I was coming in here to post about it actually. I really dislike seeing a sad face on my rest day after running 40 miles a week!

tony09
First Steps

Could there be a more neutral color for least active days in the weekly progress report perhaps such as orange? Red has a negative feel to it. 

Moderator Edit: Clarified Subject.

aarch
Recovery Runner

The new emailed-out weekly progress report isn't as useful as the older one.  There is too much space used for the pretty boxes which provide only a single item of information.  It's difficult to see it all on one smartphone screen.  However, the addition of the change in step count from last week is very useful.  What is missing, sadly, is the average steps for the week.  I use that as the one-step look at where I am, and where I need to be.  If you could please find a way to reinclude that into the report, that would be great.  (Also, not sure which "Label" to use, since the weekly progress report isn't on any of them, so I chose Charts and Data.

Thank you.

karenokaren
Recovery Runner

Hello!  I see that you've changed the format of your weekly progress reprt via email, but for some reason, you removed the average number of weekly steps.  I would really like it if you continued including that because I find it very helpful.  Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels/Title for Clarity

harleyim
Recovery Runner

Your new Weekly Progress Report format sucks the big one. All that dead air (white) space, no average steps and it now takes two pages to print it out.
Hope you get enough complaints that you'll change it back.

81oldlady
Jogger

I DO NOT like your new form of weekly progress report.  Information is missing and it is more difficult to understand what you want to know.  I really liked the former form where you had the average for the week and the best day of each category.  PLEASE CHANGE BACK.  PLEASE!!!

IPK
Jogger

I totally agree - the daily average steps was the one bit of information I looked for every week, now I have to work it out manually - not happy! Why did Fitbit decide to remove this?

K_Mc
First Steps

I really miss the daily average on the weekly progress report.  Please re-add this metric to the weekly.

ralphhardwick
Jogger

I totally agree, bring back the old report

Sona
Recovery Runner

I liked my summary weekly emails with average steps per day, average distance, average floors, average time to fall asleep etc. The new form of weekly reports actually shows more pictures and less information. I would like to customize my reports the way it would contain average values.

Thank you.

Sithmaith1
Strider

I would like to see what my average calorie intake is per week / month / 3 months / year on the dashboard or the summary, I don't mind which.  It gets a bit tedious to do it manually. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
MarcoGFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thank you for your suggestion, I think this is an excellent idea, having a different color scheme to focus on the positive aspects of the report will be great to implement. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Great idea @Melbournegirl, it would really encourage you to keep adding your suggestion on the board, so that we can streamline responses and discussion. I know this is a popular request, so watch this space for updates. Thanks for your patience.

mirecek
Jogger

Hi, please how far you with the implementing settings for Weekly Summary? I changed my daily goal from 10.000 steps to active minutes which is more motivating for me. But Weekly Summary is still going with steps daily goal... 😞

PDGPathwalker
Base Runner

I know that your emailed report is a weekly report so my main inquiry is...Why, if it is a weekly report, does it contain anything that refers to a daily amount...averaged or otherwise?

I truly would like to have my calories burned shown as a weekly number amount as it was in early 2016 and have the date and year of the report as it also was in early 2016. It would be nice to also have my pre-set active daily steps/hour multiplied x7 in my report and then show my actual active daily steps/hour total multiplied x7 and indicated out of the pre-set total as a single weekly amount (ie 77/84 hours active) instead of an averaged daily amount over a week. When I sync my Blaze and scroll back to see my daily active hour totals over the week or last few days to compare, the active steps per hour stays on the current day only and does not show any previous active hour amounts for any other day...just for today's active hours.

Moderator edit: labels.
HMJFIT
Recovery Runner

I called Fitbit support today to discuss my ideas about a Customized Weekly Progress Report.  I was told it was a good idea and could add my suggestions Ideas board on the Community Forum.  I'm pleased to see that many of us have great ideas about the report.  However, I'm a bit concerned that it's almost a year and these ideas have not yet been implemented.  My ideas (and please excuse me if I'm repeating someone else's suggestion as I didn't have a chance to read them all) are:

1) Ability to add or remove a statistic from the report (e.g. total floors, total miles, etc.)

2) Ability to include the statistic compared with the goal for the statistic (e.g. 11,000 steps (goal 10,000 steps) 1,000 above goal) or similar

3) An indicator for #2 of green arrow up or red arrow down would be okay

The reason for the above, as others may have mentioned, is a given week I may be particularly active and I greatly exceed all my goals.  However, the next week, I may still meet my goals but not exceed them as greatly as the week before.  Seeing all red arrows pointing down overlooks the fact that I reached all my goals for the week.  I don't mind comparing with the previous week but I still want to see that I'm at least reaching the goal I set in my configuration.

Hope it all makes sense and others agree, especially the developers 🙂

mirecek
Jogger
Don't understand where is the problem to select what is my favorite daily goal? Steps, activity maybe sleep.

Odesláno z iPhonu
Pkim56
Jogger

As a new user, I find the weekly progress reports somewhat inspiring. I was disappointed to learn that any day where you do not meet your step count is NOT included in the weekly tabulations. To my mind all the data for the week should be included in the weekly report. 

My last report showed my metrics down, across the board, because two days, where I had not met the step count, had not been included. Had they been included I would have been ahead of the previous week’s metrics. 😞

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.