Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web dashboard screen is black

ANSWERED

The dashboard is a black screen, and my sleep data are missing info on the app.  What's going on?  I only bought a Fitbit for the sleep data, and now I can't get to it.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
616 REPLIES 616

The "fix" is to clear your "cache" in the browser.

Best Answer

Same. Following...

Best Answer
Great! Thanks for the info.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Happened to me last night but is back on this morning.  I think just temporary because they are adding a line at the top with couple of links.  Might be able to fix by clearing cache in browser, or just wait long enough.  It's not an intentional permanent thing.

Never mind.  Trying to help just bring on more complaints.  I got nothing to do with it.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happened to me last night but is back on this morning.  I think just temporary because they are adding a line at the top with couple of links.  Might be able to fix by clearing cache in browser, or just wait long enough.  It's not an intentional permanent thing.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Yeah but ... I did that yesterday and then it worked.  But today it doesn't work again.  Needing to "clear cache" every time you want to look at dashboard is not a reasonable solution.

Best Answer

Same!

Since yesterday.

Best Answer
With the new update, I no longer get any info on the dashboard on my computer. That is the one I use all the time and now it shows nothing, not one tile. I hate looking at my phone for the info but now even the phone info is formatted in a harder to read way. I mostly use my fitbit for sleep info. Please fix this for those of us that use computers.
Best Answer

How many years has Fitbit been at this again?

Far too long for so many bugs in the system. I almost abandoned Fitbit a few years ago, so I guess this is my semi-semi annual internal discussion on how much I want to save a decade+ record of my steps and distance.

Best Answer
0 Votes

interesting... I cleared cache and no change.  Cleared browsing history now works - so there is an error in programming somewhere (probably by fitbit).   By my understanding, when one refreshes a page in Chrome, it should always get the latest data from the server, not locally saved page..   So they still have something to fix!  But thanks for the pointer Mr and Mrs Community!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit interrupted my reply to ask me to tell them what I think which I hoped would be a good vehicle to get them to address this issue.  It was one question product support or other.  I chose other and was bounced.  So first of all Fitbit please don't ask me to tell you what I think and then bounce me.  

A responder in this thread suggested clearing the browser history which worked until it didn't.  It worked again until it didn't.  So the second thing I would like to tell Fitbit is I have no intention of clearing my history every time I open my browser.  Fitbit is the browsers opening page and has been for a very long time.  I expect it to work properly in Safari which I've used much longer.

I did attempt to engage support via the chat tool but that lead nowhere other than maybe it's a bug in the software.  Bugs happen.  The final thing I I'd like to tell Fitbit if you know you have a bug please acknowledge it along with what we should expect.  Is there a way to engage support for issues that are related to the web page?

Best Answer

That's exactly what happened to me. I cleared both Edge and Chrome and had the dashboard back in both for 3-4 hours. Then gone. Cleared again but gone again in a similar time frame. Gone again today. So what's up?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Firefox broken.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I cleared the history and cache, still nothing appears on Windows computer. Stats show on android phone app though.

Best Answer

Not a fan of the app update as far as the sleep tracking goes. I can't tell anything from a line with some dots!

Best Answer

It fact, I am more messed up than ever! Now even my phone app won't work! Chat made everything worse. Don't ho there!

Best Answer
0 Votes

how do you clear the cache?  I've been using Fitbit for several years and have not had this problem before.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi - yep, dashboard screen has been black for a couple days now. MS Edge.  

Best Answer

I am having the same problem with the blank dashboard using Google Chrome; although dashboard appears fine using FireFox.  I found that the problem gets resolved if I clear browser history; but, I have to do that everytime I want to access the dashboard using chrome, which is a bit of a pain.dashborad.png

Best Answer

And now it's gone again lol.

Best Answer
0 Votes