Notification if Fitbit hasn't synced within a period of time

FitBit can already sends out weekly progress emails, but when my Charge HR stopped syncing properly (why is a separate issue), I didn't realise until weeks later - at which point I was missing some of the historical data as the wristband capacity is limited.

I'd have liked FitBit to have emailed me after (say) a week without any sync activity, to alert me to this problem and encourage me to sync before any activity data would be lost.

Moderator Edit: Labels

7 Comments
Cleverclare
Jogger
I had a issue where my Fitbit wasn't syncing, a text or email alert would have been helpful.
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a great idea! Having an email notification to remind us to sync our Fitbit trackers should help a lot of users to be aware of syncing! Something like having an email notification if we haven't synced in 2 days, for example. Thanks for your suggestion! 

jbodnar
Jogger

Please add a notification/email if my Fitbit device hasn't synced within a period of time. Sometimes my Fitbit doesn't sync, the battery dies and I go days without realizing it. 

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @jbodnar, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Afu1427
First Steps

I would like an optional notification incorporated into the phone app or over email even to notify when your Fitbit hasn't synced with the app for a certain number of days. Frequently (and especially recently) there are updates to the app that signs me out. I don't realize my Fitbit hasn't synced for days until I look down and my Fitbit is completely dead or is blinking for very low battery. I then open the app to realize I have been signed out and haven't synced for how long. 

There are also other instances where I manually turn off Bluetooth but forget to turn it back on. The suggested notifications would help in this instance as well.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Afu1427, thanks for taking the time to share the idea of a notification when your Fitbit has not synced within a period of time. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

Stormclouds
Jogger

I'd like this option too. My Fitbit is dreadful at syncing. It regularly stops doing it and I've lost loads of data because, due to my health problems, remembering to check up on it isn't my top priority. But I still need the data. It's actually a half decent way to track some stuff. Please enable this feature without any strings.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.