Option to disable a Firmware Update notification

I'm getting notifications that there is a new firmware for the Charge 3. I don't want it but the 'Upgrade' notification is constantly appearing in the app. Please make it so that this can be disabled. The firmware update seems to be causing problems for lots of users. The Fitbit is working and I don't want the hassle of it being bricked.
31 Comments
Elias1848
First Steps

I'm in the habbit of picking up old fitbits and distributing them to people on welfare, young people, people with chronic illnesses etc to help them get more healthy. I like fitbit because the app and community is superior and because I can easily sync them with third party apps. But I find the lack of coherent menu structure across models and the inability to really get to the nuts and bolts of the program a big downside. Why can't I disable updates? Every lousy program or app in excistence has box you can tick if you want updates or not. It's level 1 on writing a program. Now if I have a slightly busted fitbit that won't update anymore but otherwise works fine I have to bin it? People who use second hand fitbits are potential customers, not customers lost! They won't fork out $170 for something that hasn't proven it's worth yet! In the notifications checklist there should be a box for "notify me of firmware updates yes/no". 

MB-75
First Steps

Adding my $0.02:

PLEASE GIVE US THE OPTION TO DISABLE THE UPDATE NOTIFICATION.

HydeParkBooks
Base Runner

This stuff about the constantly bombarding us with notfications about how we can update our devices is still going on almost 3 years later. It is still going on 2 years after I posted about it. One of the main reasons as to why I stopped using my 4 and went back to a 2 was because of this annoying crap from Fitbit

HydeParkBooks
Base Runner

Again please stop with the constant bombarding messages about how we need to update my Charge 4 you do it several times a day every time I open the app. It is very annoying you could at least give us the option of hiding this annoying message.

HydeParkBooks
Base Runner

I agree with Elias above about how every app or program has a button that allows a user to tick whether or not they even want the update.  My phone needs to be updated from time to time. So guess what they have a button you click that takes you to a screen that allows you to schedule your update for a future time. They dont continusly bombard you with an annoying message every time you open the app like Fitbit does. You think that creating something like that would be easy for a company owned by Google

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, and thanks so much for sharing this Product Feedback! While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which product feedback is developed, visit our FAQs.

We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and your input is a big part of that process. We truly thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.