0 Votes

Option to disable screen automatically turning on with wrist turning

As the title says, it would be nice if there was a setting or option to disable the feature that automatically turns on the screen when turning your wrist. 

I may be a small minority on this issue, but I find the feature to be fairly annoying. I mostly use my FitBit Versa when I'm sleeping at this point (the silent alarm is vital), and the frequent unintended brightness when I move around is something I'd like to be rid of. I would prefer to just tap the watch face or press a button to activate the screen. 

I see the use of the feature when running, but I don't use the Fitbit for that anymore - I lean more towards Google Fit nowadays for better Pokemon Go interaction. Anyhow that's veering off topic. It would just be nice if this was a setting for the few out there who might like it. 

1 Comment
Status changed to: Existing Feature
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Armdog, it's good to see you around in the Community forums. 

Thank you for taking the time to share this suggestion in the Community. This option is already available with the Fitbit Versa, in order to disable the option for the screen to be turned on automatically, you can press and hold the back button (on the left) for 2 seconds and yo should see the Screen Wake option that allows the watch to turn on when moving your wrist. 

Keep sharing your ideas with us! 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.