Option to repair or buy parts of Fitbit screen

Why sell a $200 watch with a face and have no way to repair it if something happens? You expect us to dish out another $200 like that? You tried to compete with Apple but failed. You have the revenue and money to create this kind of watch but not for support? Makes NO sense.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity and label

6 Comments
Status changed to: Needs More Info
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing your feedback @appleisbetter.  We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We're archiving this feature, you can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. If you need further help with your Fitbit, please visit our help boards.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing your feedback @appleisbetter.  We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We're archiving this feature, you can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. If you need further help with your Fitbit, please visit our help boards.

david4
First Steps
Plz sell screens separately. I find it kind of a waste to have a device that is just over 1 year old and out of warranty and the screen stops working(or u drop it and it’s cracked) and you cannot buy a new one. It’s a relatively easy thing to fix
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @david4, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to repair or buy parts of Fitbit screen. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

smdc
First Steps
I bought a smartwatch from you and the glass broke after 4 days. I was told that there was nothing Fitbit could do for me. You do not offer replacement or repair of your products.
This is very sad and means that Fitbit also does not have any environmental concerns.
Great business plan. If it breaks, get customers to buy a new one.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @smdc, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to repair or buy parts of Fitbit screen. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.