Option to show Kilojoules in Dashboard and all apps

Many countries favour using Kilojoules instead of calouries for enrgy input and output. Please add the option to choose in all relevent dashboard areas.

Moderator edit: Labels

542 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

At last we have been heard. It seems that patience is a virtue. I can't wait to use this new part of my Fit Bit. Thank you

CapricornAussie
First Steps
My Charge HR has been updated but still only shows calories
Disappointed
Capricorn Aussie
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @CapricornAussie for now the update is in the app only - it hasn't rolled out to device yet.

bobba84
Jogger
What is the timeframe for device rollout please?

Bobby
GeeKau
Recovery Runner

Surely the website dashboard should have been one of the first and easiest things to be updated?

CapricornAussie
First Steps
I have no idea when it will be rolled out, It hasn’t been changed on my
Charge HR device yet.
Capricorn Aussie
lalabrucey
Base Runner

What is the rollout time plan for Android please, I am in New Zealand. Am yet to see where I can change in Web dashboard too, are you able to give an estimate on rollout timeframes? 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

BDCD74FF-2D40-4C88-BB4D-CD6B6B8372CE.jpeg

I appear to have kJ in the iOS app now. Awesome!!!

Bloater
First Steps

Just got KJ on Android in Australia.

lalabrucey
Base Runner

Thanks! We won't be far away then 😊

LisaMcQuinn
First Steps
I'm in NZ with an android phone. My app updated this morning and I was able
to switch to kj in the app
lalabrucey
Base Runner

Woo, mine just updated 😁

Freakin #so happy!! 

LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Yes, this is rolled out to all Android now. Thanks all!

AlexOz
First Steps

So - THANK YOU for finally adding the option to use kilojoules in the phone app! It only took your company almost 6 years of customer requests, but you did it - so thank you!

The thread that originally posted this feature request has now been locked/closed, BUT don't overlook the original request asked to "add the option to choose (kilojoules) in all relevant dashboard areas". So - when will kilojoules be available via the dashboards on the Fitbit website, as well as on my device? (Please don't take another 6 years to get this done!)

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @AlexOz, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. If there are any updates, they'll be posted here. Don't forget to add your vote!

TassieDevil
First Steps

This has been a request for many years and it is still not an option. Great areas of the world use the metric system and as such all our food has the energy recorded in kilojoules not calories. Basically when recording food in the tracker those of us from Europe, Australia & New Zealand have to use a converter to enable us to record our food intake. 

I do not understand why we can have distances covered, weight recorded in the metric system but our energy is recorded as calories. The Fitbit software seems to cope with converting lbs to kgs and miles to kms why not calories to kJs? Please give us the option to record in kilojoules. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @TassieDevil, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has been updated as "Released". You can learn more about here. Keep adding your suggestions!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.