Option to turn off floor tracking

An on/ off feature (radio button) to turn floor counter off when entering conditions such as high winds, or any other conditions we know affect the floor count to be inaccurate.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

31 Comments
Feras_ma
First Steps
since the altimeter is not accurate in some cases especially if I wash my hands or I do dishes washing, or riding a motorbike, it counts tens of floors which affects all my numbers accuracy including my steps, and calories burned, I suggest allowing users to disable the altimeter counting from the software.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Ccordray. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to disable the floors tracking on your Fitbit device with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Stratguy
Base Runner
I find the least used, and least accurate, aspect of Fitbit is the Stairs Climbed. Why do you need to know this? Simple altimeters are not accurate enough to measure the barometric pressure differences in a 3 or 4 storey house! I climb my stairs at least 10 times a day and my Charge 4 gives me, say, 6 times!! Scrap this for a better HR monitor!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Stratguy, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to turn off floor tracking. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

Feras_ma
First Steps
Its been now 5 years for this basic and needed request and no action from fitbit

Get Outlook for iOS
LordLicorice
First Steps

I realized after I got my new Charge 5 as a gift that it doesn't count floors anymore (and I saw other community posts on this!) My request seconds the others complaints that I'd rather be able to remove the floor from my mobile app main page so that it would allow me to still fully reach all my goals when looking back on a day! I loved having the gold star animation when I completely filled all the circles for steps, floors, active minutes, etc. Is this possible to do on the app? I couldn't find an option to edit that. Thanks!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.