Overall Health Score

I think it would be awesome to see an overall health score that analysizes your day and gives you a "score" as to how you have done with activity, water, sleep, nutrition, etc...  Then instead of managing each individual data point, you could monitor and track your progress against your Fitbit score.  

This could also become social and gamify the Fitbit app.  You can share your score and compete against others and their scores.  There is so much that could be done here.  

7 Comments
KneeSlapper
First Steps

I think what would be great is a more global metric, a sort-of 'Fit Score'.   This would be formula based on steps, activity, heart rate, sleep, etc.  Everything counts into one score.   So if Jane has 15k steps, and Sally does an hour of a studio workout with an elevated HR, but only clocks 8k steps - how can these metrics be compared apples-to-apples?  This could be used in challenges as well as a better way to score your overall effort.

Thanks!

Moderator edit: labels.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @FeketeEDU thanks for sharing this idea... this is an interesting idea! I like the concept of statistic that covers a few different data point and that you can compete against your personal best type thing! Interested to hear what others think - you've already got quite a few votes. Is this of interest to others? What stats would you want this to include? eg. steps, active mins, sleep, nutrition etc...

FeketeEDU
First Steps

My thought is that it would be interesting to use the dashboard and assign a point value to each of those items.  It may differ in weighting of categories.  Then these together would combine for our overall daily and then weekly health scorecard.  Hope that helps.

- Andy

It would be great if fitbit would give you a score for sleep and exercise. Then it could provide you with a general health score each day. I believe it would be more motivating and more representative of global health than trying to reach 10 000 steps per say. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

J999
First Steps
Add an overall health score that compares an individual to their goal state (or suggested goal state). I am using VERI for CGM and like their overall number to give a quick peek before diving into details. Plus, the more info I track the more insightful it is.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @J999, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding an overall health score in the Fitbit app. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.