Participating in challenges with non-Fitbit devices

We create challenges within our office and would like all team members to be able to join reguardless of device (such as an apple watch) there should be a way a user can participate in challenge groups even if they have an apple watch.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

13 Comments
Aisenbarger13
Jogger

I just received the Surge and I love it, but I'm sadden to notice that it doesn't have the reminder to move or the meditation like some other fitbit devices. Please bring these items to the Surge!!

keything
Tempo Runner

The Under Armour Record app (available for both android and iphone) tracks steps from many device types and offers a greater array of challenges. i.e. in addition to step challenges, you can create challenges for workouts in a week, calories burned in a week, active minutes, etc...  Additionally, the timeframe for the challenges are configurable so you're not limited to a day, workweek or weekend.  you can set it for 3 months or 3 days.

alexkaz
First Steps

I love this idea. My health insurance Oscar gives me $1 for everyday that I walk 10,000 steps. I don't always have my phone on me so it would be nice if the fitbit connects to Google Fit and that's what Oscar uses to verify my step count.

Please let Fitbit work with Google Fit!

jerrobertson
Stepping Up

This would take a lot of integration, but it would be really neat if FitBit's ecosystem could allow for friends with other pedometers, and they could join in on challenges.

It would largely involve FitBit creating an app for the Apple Watch and for the Samsung Gear. Then those devices could be used to join challenges etc. Perhaps FitBit already has the necessary APIs published for someone else to do this, I'm not sure...

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Cristina163
Jogger
Not all of my friends have a Fitbit but it would be nice if we can all use the app to compete and complete challenges
Status changed to: Needs More Info
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi there, @Cristina163. Thank you for adding your request. In order to properly categorize your suggestion, please provide the watch name or brand that you would like to have the option to compete with using your Fitbit device. You can add as many details as you can, this is really helpful for us. Thanks for your help.

Cristina163
Jogger
Hello, I have friends with Samsung and Garmin. Thanks

Get Outlook for Android<>
Guy_
Space Racer

Hi @Cristina163  - It may be possible by linking through MyFitnessPal

Micknew
First Steps
I would like to take part in challenges still with my family and friends, however I have been given a samsung galaxy watch as a gift as I always use Samsung phones.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Micknew, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to participate in challenges while using your Samsung Galaxy watch with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Please click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Cristina163, and thanks for taking the time to clarify this suggestion about allowing non-Fitbit devices users to participate in challenges with us. Because this idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestion board, I’ve moved your post here. Please support this idea by adding your vote, this helps our developers to keep tracking its popularity and demand over time.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.