Podcast App

It would be great if Fitbit could build or work with a 3rd Party to build a podcast app for the Ionic. I want to be able to go for a run, track that run, and listen to podcasts without needing to manually load the podcasts from my computer.

Recommended 3rd Party App Partner

• Podcast Addict

Recommended Features:

• Download to and play podcasts from Ionic
  • Add/Delete Podcasts from phone
  • Pause, Play, Next, Back, 15s rewind, 15s fast forward controls
  • Auto download/Auto delete options for subscribes podcasts.
  • Playlists that sync to phone player  

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

56 Comments
AMaillet
First Steps

It would be amazing to have the ability to listen to podcasts and audiobooks directly from the fitbit watches via apps. My favourite are Libby for audiobooks and Castbox for podcasts. I typically listen to podcast or audiobooks more when going for a walk or run rather than music and would love it if these options would become available.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @AMaillet. We wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Integrate Libby by Overdrive App to Fitbit App Gallery

Podcast App

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions.

maggie08mae
First Steps
Please add the capability to have offline playback of either podcasts or audiobooks on the Sense - either through media storage (and forcing it...) or an app addition that allows download. I hardly listen to music (only if workout is very hard) and prefer to have podcasts or Audible available while the phone is out of reach.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @maggie08mae, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to listen podcast and audiobooks offline. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Neilius52
First Steps
Add ability to listen to podcasts downloaded to the Sense without the need for a phone connection. This should not be tied to premium subscriptions since podcasts are free. Spotify has a larger
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Neilius52, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to listen podcasts downloaded on Sense. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.