Portuguese Food Database

HI Fitbit,

Due to the increasing number of Portuguese speakers using Fitbit, I was wondering if there are any plans to add Portuguese as supported language on Food DB.

Other trackers (like Jawbone) already provide such support and it would be very good to have it on Fitbit.

I am happy to volunteer to help building the DB Items.

Fabio

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

24 Comments
samuell
First Steps

How and where can i get it ?
Samuell

Status changed to: New
EmilyEL
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for your suggestion! We are constantly working to improve Fitbit products and services, but we do not currently offer Portuguese language support for our products. 

rjorge77
Stepping Up

Hi,

I'd like to suggest to (please...) really consider to add Portuguese Language for your App in future version.

There are currently lots of Portuguese Fitbit users, and this would be a plus for our Fitbit community users. 🙂

thanks~,

leidsonmelo
First Steps

do you have any pretense of supporting the Brazilian Portuguese language? Smiley LOL

Marcio
First Steps

Certainly fitbit has a lot of brazilian users!! I strongly recommend that fitbit evaluate this request and provide portuguese language in your apps as soon as possible

Marcio
First Steps

Do you have any idea when are you prettending to offer this service to Brazilian customers?

Tibfit
First Steps

do you have plans to develop a Mediterranian foods database (Portugal,...)?

A more zonable food database, contry only is a bit daunghting...

Thanks!

nandaley
First Steps

I would love to have the Portuguese language.It would be very helpful.

nandaley
First Steps

I would love to have the Portuguese language.It would be very helpful.

SMQN
First Steps

Dear Sirs,

I am from Portugal and I have acquired a flex bracelet. I find it very useful. However on the food database, when I log foods there are only spanish brands which are different from the portuguese brands.

I would like to know if you are interested in having someone collecting the portuguese brands to establish a database with portuguese brands.

Kindest regards

atarnow
First Steps

It would be wonderful to be able to operate the FitBit, App, and Dashboard using Portuguese. There is a large fitness and running community in Brazil and most Brazilians do not speak English, Spanish, or other currently supported languages.

SMQN
First Steps
My initial ideia was to develop a food database in Portugal because it
is not a very big country and the brands that are sold in Lisbon (were
I live) are the same brands that are sold all over the country.
However, it could be a more zonable database according to the FITBIT’s
needs.
In the beginning it could be made by researching and collecting in
supermarkets the most common brands and its calories. Afterwards, we
could perfect by introducing other criteria.

Marina_C
First Steps

Hi, 

Please advise when there will be Portuguese language support for your app.

It's actually quite ridiculous that there is no support as of yet. There have been people asking since 2014, and yet the entire country of Brazil is forced to try and work out your app in English or Spanish. 

Very embarassing where the best you can do is promise that you're updating things constantly, whilst we're still left with no progress. 

Honestly, how hard can It be to hire a translator for your programmers?

Very disppointed.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

I really like this idea. I believe having a Portuguese food database will benefit a lot of users from Portugal and any country that would like to track Portuguese food. Hopefully we will see this implemented in the nearest future. Thanks for your suggestion. 

RuiCruz
First Steps
Good afternoon,
When can the Portuguese users expect a Portuguese food database on the fitbit .
Thanks
RC
vshlos
First Steps

Comon Fitbit its been 2-3 years now, even without the food database, at least basic translations for the app should not be that long considering we are talking about support for the 9th largest economy and a population of 200million.

If you don't want to hire the translator, open it up and allow us to translate it for you at least. If I get the FitBit app translated for you myself, will you put portugese support into your app?

Paty1
First Steps
Please consider Portuguese as the next language of Fitbit. I'm sure your profit will increase tremendously. Brazilians love to work out and it will be a great tool for them. Thanks!
Joaolima
First Steps

Realmente sinto que o Brasil, Portugal e as demais que falam o portugues foram discriminadas. Quanto a lista de alimentação, então nem se fala. Para uma solicitação postada a partir de 2014, creio quejá passou da hora de introdução da língua portuguesa como opção. 

cczekster
First Steps

Hi

I gave fitbits for both my parents who live and Brazil and do not speak english. Please add portuguese as one of the supported languages!!!! I would gladly participate in some joint endeavor to translate the app, since I am a portuguese speaker as well.

Thanks

SouthAmerican
First Steps

It has been years since the first request to add Portuguese Language into the Fitbit App was made. I’m still wondering if Fitbit will attend the customer requirement or if they are not interested to add this segment. I’ guarantee that you are making many potential customers upset. Any perspective to add Portuguese App in the near future?

Fit_Tuga
First Steps

Cam you please consider to include a Portuguese food database in you next software update?

Regards

Fit_Tuga
First Steps

Cam foi plêiade considera tô crente Portuguesa fotos databeses ar meses Gerson ir tour software?

Regards

alinecheron
First Steps

Please consider adding Portuguese as one of the languages on the Fitbit. 

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LanuzaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @fcsfreitas and everyone.

Thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQsFor now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.